Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Challenge 35 - Out of Africa

vCash

Challenge 35 - Out of Africa

Challenge 35 - Out of Africa

In 2001 Yaya Toure was one of 24 Ivory Coast players who left their homeland and headed for Europe in search of making it big in the world of football. Their destination was Belgium and more specifically KSK Beveren, where thanks to Belgium's relaxed laws there were no restrictions in place to stop a full team of Ivory Coast players taking the field.

It was a short lived experiment as Toure headed to the Ukraine after 2 years, and then onto greatness with Olympiacos, Monaco, Barcelona and Man City, while KSK Beveren headed in the opposite direction, dissolving in June 2010 and merging with KV Red Star Waasland to become KV Red Star Waasland-Beveren, where the last few seasons they have competed in Belgium's top division, the Belgian Pro League.

Your task is to take over KV Red Star Waasland-Beveren and create a squad of African players, but there's a catch! Like Toure and his fellow Ivorians who came from their homeland, you can only sign players who currently play in Africa, so you can forget about Aubameyang, Mane and the likes, although we will allow the signing of Yaya Toure if you can manage that, regardless of his current club. After managing an all African squad for 5 seasons it is time to leave Belgium, and to try your hand on the international stage, as with a World Cup looming soon you have to take over any African nation and guide them to the tournament and the competition itself, using players once again only playing in Africa.

RULES

- Oct 2016 update

- no tactics restriction, except for the usual - you have to have at least 3 players in your defensive line and wide players somewhere.

- by the time the first competitive game of the 2nd season kicks-off, you must not have any ineligible players in your squad.

- you get no points for the first season, only the results from seasons 2-6 and the World Cup campaign count.

- players must be signed/loaned from an African club.

- free transfers are allowed if their previous club was an African club or they have no previous history showing.

- no month-to-month contracts

- no staff restrictions.

- once again, no points for the first season

Belgian Pro League
    Winner - 200
    2nd Place - 100
    3rd Place - 50

Belgian Cup
    Winner - 100
    Runner up - 50
    Semi-finalist - 20

Belgian Super Cup
    Winner - 50 pts
    Runner Up - 20 pts

Champions League
    Winner - 1,000
    Runner up - 500
    Semi-finalist - 200

Europa League
    Winner - 500
    Runner up - 200
    Semi-finalist - 100

European Super Cup
    Winner - 500
    Runner up - 200

World Club Championships

Winner - 1,000
    Runner up - 500

World Cup
    Winner - 10,000
    Runner up - 5,000
    Semi-Finalist - 2,000
    Quarter-Finalist - 1,000
    Last 16 - 500
    Group Stages - 200

World Player of the Year
    Winner - 1,000
    2nd place - 500
    3rd place - 200

African Player of the Year
    Winner - 500
    2nd place
    3rd place - 100

For every player signed subtract 5 points from your score, so get them scouts working overtime and be careful with who you sign!

SCREENSHOTS

- the usual, squad screenie(s) to prove you have only eligible players and everything to prove your points.

Best of luck

Last edited by AMC; 12-01-17 at 08:31 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    FYI none of the current KV Red Star Waasland-Beveren are valid players, so all of the current squad will need to be gone by the first competitive game of the 2nd season.

The best way to ensure you are signing valid players easily without going through each African club manually, is using the player search and filtering Nationality to Other > Region > Africa, and then filtering based also to Other > Region > Africa.

Any other questions or queries let me know

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Woot!

Will crack on with this tonight!

As it's a hefty challenge and if lucky enough, can I apply for random National jobs during my time with the Belgium club?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Don't see why not mate, obviously you won't get any points managing them and by the time of the end of the 6th season (after 5 season with African players), you'll need to resign from KV Red Star Waasland-Beveren and take over an African Nation and adhere to the rules.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nice challenge. Great idea AMC!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CMCZ For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Cheers mate, I had the idea for it a while ago after reading this article on Yaya and Beveren, http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26155301

vCash
    Will you not get fired at the end of World Cup qualifying?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    I thought that may happen, we'll see what happens to people, and decide from there. If people have qualified for the WC and that happens I'll probably allow people to add themselves back as manager so they can manage in the WC with the restriction.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Fair do's.

Or maybe pick up another nation as you would bound not to be the only one to lose your job.

vCash
    Problem is if you qualify with one nation and get sacked and then can't get a job with another nation who has qualified for the WC.

vCash
    After my save game with the 3.9.60 db crashes after the date 01-08-2019, I was looking for a start with a new game. The 3.9.60 has a lot of players that are the usual players for me, so not a real challenge anymore. I started with 3.9.68, okt. 16 data update and the tapani 2.21.1 patch. Currently started a save game with Wrexham, but I really like this (hard) challenge idea.

Because I'm new on this forum I have some questions about the rules:

- In the story it does say you have to manage your team with only African players. But that sentence doesn't come back in the rules. Is it allowed to contract players with another nationality if they are playing for a african club? I don't think so but maybe that rule is a good addition to the current rules?
    - Is the tactic allowed when it has a DMR & DML or AMR and AML?
    - Do you need to get approached by an African country for the job as national coach?
    - I think the CM Scout is blocked for using in the challenge (I hope so)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Vunky For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Hi mate cheers for your questions,

- as it says in the story "Your task is to take over KV Red Star Waasland-Beveren and create a squad of African players, but there's a catch! Like Toure and his fellow Ivorians who came from their homeland, you can only sign players who currently play in Africa" so you can only sign African players from an African club. In the rules it says by the first competitive game of the 2nd season you cannot have any ineligible players, eligible players are African players signed from an African club.

- DML/R & AML/R are allowed assuming you have at least 3 defenders as well.

- you should apply with your current manager, if there is a problem getting an offer we can address it but there shouldn't be a problem.

- Tools like CM Scout are discouraged but unfortunately there is no way we can stop people from using it or similar tools.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Hi mate cheers for your questions,

- as it says in the story "Your task is to take over KV Red Star Waasland-Beveren and create a squad of African players, but there's a catch! Like Toure and his fellow Ivorians who came from their homeland, you can only sign players who currently play in Africa" so you can only sign African players from an African club. In the rules it says by the first competitive game of the 2nd season you cannot have any ineligible players, eligible players are African players signed from an African club.

- DML/R & AML/R are allowed assuming you have at least 3 defenders as well.

- you should apply with your current manager, if there is a problem getting an offer we can address it but there shouldn't be a problem.

- Tools like CM Scout are discouraged but unfortunately there is no way we can stop people from using it or similar tools.

Thanks for the answers, I thought the DML and or DMR would belong to the defence. But I will create a tactic with at least three defenders in it.
    Is it only Belgium competition you should select, is there a rule for? Maybe more players available if you select more countries, but also more competition from the other clubs with a higher talent pool?

I don't like CM scout, so I won't use it. Tough challenge, but count me in, take a chance in the next couple of days/weeks

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Vunky For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Nah DML/R's aren't counted as defenders mate, feel free to select whatever leagues you like if you think it'll help, I didn't know if maybe France may help or not, but I've only Belgium loaded.
    Last edited by AMC; 09-01-17 at 01:48 PM.

vCash
    The club has this guy, I think he's ok

vCash
    Can't see the pics as in work but as I said in the second post none of the current squad players are eligible, I checked their previous clubs IRL and none came from an African club.

vCash
    Just looking on wiki it seems that players was born in Liege, Belgium

vCash
    What player is it?

vCash
    Just checked on my phone, his last club was Fulham so he's not eligible http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jonat...spieler/137313

vCash
    Hic, this challenge seems to be very hard My wife will give a birth in the next day, so I'll be back after few weeks

30. The Following User Says Thank You to zionmaster For This Useful Post:

AJ

vCash

All the best mate, this will still be here for you and them sleepless nights.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    FYI none of the current

The best way to ensure you are signing valid players easily without going through each African club manually, is using the player search and filtering Nationality to Other > Region > Africa, and then filtering based also to Other > Region > Africa.

Any other questions or queries let me know
    That doesn't show all of the available players, and with just a couple of pages with players (on player search) I think you really have to look at the different teams.

I did hope, I would already have four African players after my preparation for season 1. Unlucky, a good player for my defence didn't choose to come to Beveren, but wanted to go to Paris. Pity, because he was a real improvement for my team.

I know for sure, this will be a very hard challenge...

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Vunky For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    It doesn't show all players though, but if people are going to use the player search function it's the best way to ensure you sign eligible players, and any scouted players should show up in there as well.

I really struggled to recruit during the season, but come the end of the season I was able to wheel and deal pretty easily.

vCash
    I spent about 6 hours last night scouting and about and another couple tonight - literally moved about 2 days in game at the mo

My tactic is to put up for sale all current players straight away - cannot be bothered to do it late on in season (maybe worth more cash then though)

Got a couple of Bosman's in which I know think is a bad shout (as have lost 15 points) when better players available when really searching Africa

Hired 7 scouts as well to help

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

AJ, AMC

vCash
    I also signed some players in the first season which I probably shouldn't have, the problem is I was initially only doing some testing and now I've decided to carry on with the save. I neglected hiring any backroom staff until after the end of the season, and didn't tie anyone down to a contract so loads left the club on a free when I probably could have got them to sign a contract early on then cashing in on them later.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

AJ

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast