Thread: Hello

vCash

Hello

Hello,

My name is Jak, I'm 30 and live in Dartford Kent (Originally from Chiswick) and supporter of the mighty, mighty Brentford FC.

I have played CM01/02 on and off for the past 16 years and its definitely the reason I did so badly in my GCSE's. Over my years of playing I have had many great achievements/accoplishments, I've taken my beloved Brentford FC to the dizzy heights of European Champions on numerous occasions and run from the Conference to the Premier League with both Farnborough and Scarborough umpteen times a piece. I love the game and have spent spells with teams in Scotland, Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Portugal and America also.

Here are a few of my all-time favourite players on the game.

Darryn Stamp, Jamie Burt, Romaine Faure - Scarborough

Lloyd Owusu, Ijah Anderson, Paul Evans - Brentford

Rocky Baptiste, Lenny Piper - Farnborough

Mike Duff, Jamie Victory - Cheltenham

Joao Pavia, Helder Rosario, Obafem Martins - Free

I have recently tried to install the latest update but cant get it to work it keeps "not responding" when it get about halfway through initialising players. Can anyone help??

I will continue to play on the original version until I can do so

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Newboy For This Useful Post:

vCash

Hopefully someone can help you with your problem!

vCash
    Welcom Jak,

Still playing the ODB... Waouhh.

vCash
    Welcome!

I concur about the GCSE's, can remember trying to lead Bolton to glory with Sam Dalla Bona in the heart of my midfield

I would go through the instructions again to make sure you've not missed a step. I.e. ensure you have 3.9.68 SI Games patch installed before installing the data update? Also, run as administrator if you have user account control enabled.

If you still have problems, post in technical support.
    The Alphabet Game
    Try your luck at winning the top flight title with all 26 letters in the Alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Welcome - lovely username :blush:

Let us know if you still have issues and we'll get you up and running

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thank you all for the warm welcome, I used the majority of my morning reading samsamis Blackburn thread before realising that I had better do some work.

I love the ODB but really wanna give this new patch a whirl. Looking foward to leading the mighty Bees to more glory.

I'll try uninstalling and working my way through the set up again (you'll likely to see me posting in technical support tomoz)

Dalla Bonna was great, I used to use him and Tonton Zola Moukoko behind Andy Johnson in my Birmingham team

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Newboy For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Big FA Cup game for your boys next!

Sergi Canos did well when he was with you. I was unsure when we sold him to Norwich but looks like he's struggled there and maybe off again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Newboy View Post
    Thank you all for the warm welcome, I used the majority of my morning reading samsamis Blackburn thread before realising that I had better do some work.

I love the ODB but really wanna give this new patch a whirl. Looking foward to leading the mighty Bees to more glory.

I'll try uninstalling and working my way through the set up again (you'll likely to see me posting in technical support tomoz)

Dalla Bonna was great, I used to use him and Tonton Zola Moukoko behind Andy Johnson in my Birmingham team
    Dont uninstall just try running as Administrator and enabling compatibility, that should fix it

vCash
    Welcome newboy.

As others have said, follow the directions, install, patch, update, run as Admin etc etc and you should be ok to rule with those mighty Bees.

Quick question.

What happens when you've been here a while? Do you change your name? Newishboy? Beenhereawhileboy? Oldboy?

vCash
    Hey Guys all up and running now thanks for the help.

I have and will always be Newboy! Its a school nickname that stuck. I hated it a first but now even my family call me Newboy. I guess Oldboy will be the natural progession though

vCash
    "asnewboy"

That's the spin the creeps on e-bay put on it anyway

"onecarefulownerboy" - car salesmen
    "vintageboy" - clothes shops (i like that one the best )
    "extramatureboy" - cheesemongers (took it too far now )

vCash
    Welcome to the site mate, another one here or who didn't do as well in their GCSE's due this game.

I remember the night before my first exam I took myself off to the computer room to "study" when I got home about 4:00, 11:00 at night my Dad comes into the room to finding me playing CM 01/02 He confiscated the CD till after my exams following that, shame I couldn't download the game back then

16. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post: