Thread: New member....

vCash

New member....

Hi all.

New member here, although been on the site a few times in the past. Bit of curiosity prompted me to finally sign up.... I'm about 110 seasons into my career, whats the longest career people have had? (i did try looking around the forums for something similar, but couldnt find anything!). Can it go on forever, or do the bugs finally get the better of it (too much cash is the one i struggled with for a while).

dave

2. The Following User Says Thank You to djb For This Useful Post:

vCash
    110 seasons?! That's possibly a record imo! You've done well to get that far, is that on the ODB?

Welcome to the site
    The Alphabet Game
    Try your luck at winning the top flight title with all 26 letters in the Alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    110 seasons?! That's possibly a record imo! You've done well to get that far, is that on the ODB?

Welcome to the site
    Yes, on the original version (3.9.68)

vCash

vCash
    Welcome to the site mate, awesome save that!

I've still got the 2nd save I ever started on the game which is about 50 seasons in, but I've probably only played about 10 seasons of it in the last 5 years, I'd never delete it though!

Interested to hear more of the save, who have you managed, which big clubs have fallen away and have Southport won the Champions League yet?

vCash
    I think a regular Verkuh has gotten a few hundred years into the future on a cm 00/01.

Welcome!

vCash

Cray save game

Lovely place is this - get involved

vCash
    Wowee that's a good save @ over a century, i played 55 seasons once and appreciate the game more in the fake players era.

I remember seeing a dude with 300 years on here, Plymouth i think. He stayed at the same club the whole time!

Same as AMC, i'd like to know your career history, see some of your legendary regens etc, but for now.._

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 316'sRegen View Post
    Wowee that's a good save @ over a century, i played 55 seasons once and appreciate the game more in the fake players era.

I remember seeing a dude with 300 years on here, Plymouth i think. He stayed at the same club the whole time!

Same as AMC, i'd like to know your career history, see some of your legendary regens etc, but for now.._

In a nutshell.

Entire career with Maine Road FC (not sure how it started, but i used to play as them on the amiga (champ manager 93??)), used the editor to take them out of non-league, putting 50k in the bank to ensure i could actually sign a few players at the start of the season. Was a struggle at first, but then i managed to sign one of those greek players (skalidis?) and things snowballed. Won the prem best part of 100 years in a row, plus most other things. Formation 4132 for most of the game - the computers tactics have changed recently and im having to alter my formation a lot more.

Originally started somewhere in mid 2000s. Lost the game due to a corrupted hard drive. Didnt play for years, then found the save on a pen drive around 5 years ago, around 25 seasons in.

Theres definitely some bugs emerging in the save, but in all honesty they've made it more interesting - no money for several years (twice), and now the regens are appearing in all sorts of random countries, making them hard to sign, rather than being instantly recognisable when they re-appear in the U21 squads! I'll try and upload a few screenshots later (it wont accept them at moment). The best striker in the world is albanian!

In terms of clubs. This years Prem table has Lancaster in 3rd, and Hucknall in 4th. My long term continual challengers have been Barnet and Hucknall. Basingstoke won the champs league a while back. Theres at least 15 clubs that start the game CON or below in the football league.

Of the big clubs from 2001. Arsenal and Leeds are still there, having briefly left top flight

Man Utd in 3rd division. 50 years since Prem
    Liverpool 1st division. 60 years away
    Chelsea & Everton also in 3rd division
    The biggest club to get relegated out of the conference is ipswich

For AMC - Southport are currently in the 1st Division

Ill try and upload a few screenshots, just struggling with file size being too big (im not that techy im afraid)
    Last edited by djb; 27-01-17 at 06:19 PM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to djb For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great stuff mate, I'm actually surprised they've made it that far under AI control

Can't wait to see some of the screenies

vCash
    Last edited by Dermotron; 27-01-17 at 03:56 PM.

vCash