Thread: Raspberry Pi

vCash

Raspberry Pi

Hey all,

Just wondered if anyone has ported CM01/02 onto a Pi yet? - Or is this something that would be a good idea do you think??

Concept is simple really.

1. Boot up Pi. Auto loads CM01/02 (at Start/resume game screen). play CM.
    2. Exit CM. Pi (can optionally) auto shutdown.

Anyone done this, or interested in having this done?? Please let me know & based on feedback i'll add it my IT pet-project list of things to do.

Thanks.

://mk

PS: Would be Pi3 only due to Pi2 limitations.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SmartD0G For This Useful Post:

316'sRegen Unattached
    You could shift a few of them o. EBay lads, ill be the first investor.

vCash
    Could be worth a whirl - Would it be too much of a pain to update on a regular basis?
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

316'sRegen Unattached
    That could be looked at from the point of view that id cheap enough people might buy one every season

These are the PCs that are the size of a USB stick right?

I'm not clued up on this but I think the poster was saying it would be modified to only function as a "cm machine"

If it is these things I'm thinking of they look like a wee micro machines size device, I would say that if you could design some sort of cover with the theme of the game printed on it that could be updated each season as well. You know there's gonna be champ Pi collectors out there that have every season's edition!
    (btw, my uncle does sublimation printing which prints on to anything )

Let's go SmartDOG! I'm in

vCash
    They are effectively a little motherboard with a few connections on it, and they have a row of pins which can be used to send electrical currents, from what I've heard. I saw one in college where a guy had used it to created a mobile controlled toy car, basically you push a button in the app which sends a current through one of the pins to a motor, which turns the wheels! They are clever little machines, I'm sure there are guides out there to show you how to start a specific program automatically.