Thread: No chairman

vCash

No chairman

I was wondering if anyone knew the fate of the club I am managing as it currently has no chairman, no way of someone to generate income and is losing 50k-100k per year. I am managing Unnaryds GoIF in Sweden, got them promoted from the Swedish Second Division and currently struggling in the First Division. Our stadium is tiny, small amount of staff and a large squad of 35 players and are 74k in debt with no plausible way of turning this around unless we get promotion - but the money from the Swedish Premier League is not a guarantee.

Has anyone experienced a sort of take over with a club that has got no chairman to start with?

vCash
    From my experience (I usually start a new game in the same context you are talking), small clubs without a chairman are regularly bailed out, and I cannot remember being bankrupt at a time. Usually, the injected cash matched the deficit, and sometimes it was enough to generate some funds for transfert... something like a fistful of coins, not more. And a club without a chairman never receive one.

vCash
    I don't think that having a chairman or not makes any difference to the finances
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    So the stats such as being an astute businessman and being able to raise funds for the club literally mean bugger all.

Thankfully, I have had a bit of a cup run, and doing well in the league, so my ground is always 95% full (not bad for a town with 700 people in it and a stadium with a 3000 capacity) so my deficit has gone from 74k to 23k in two months. Potentially Allsvenskan football next year so hope to get some more funds that way.