Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feedback (for next season)

vCash

Feedback (for next season)

Please do NOT use this as a bitching thread

I was never sure to run this game here as it is far harder not doing it akl around a table in person

Anyway - have given it a go and will see if we do it again next season

If so - will take learning from this season

If any of you have any feedback on how to improve it let me know here and I'll amend OP with relevant items to take on board for next season

Cheers

1 - Formations - Restrict formations to only 3 next year to make it simpler - likely 442, 433, 451
    2 - Auctions - Re-think auction process whether it is worth people nominating players as is easy when going round a table but not so much when people do not submit nominations. Myabe I just decide on players that will go up
    3 - Transfer Kitty - Maybe a bigger transfer kitty to start and this lasts you all season (so need to hold back for Jan window). But during the season at any time you can haggle and swap players with cash included? - Maybe this makes it more interactive apart from people doing something every 6 months
    4 - Double Captain - Review double capatin points at season end. I always do awful on this and from a decent start with my 11 players (which it is all about as you hold your hat on them). Some fecker shoots way up the leaderboard just by having storming double captain points
    5 - Which Site? - Can another site/newspaper be used? I think having European points in there is good which is sadly why dreamteam site is used
    6 - Comms - Is anyone bothered about a Whatsapp group - Pyro tried to start but seemingly no joy. I think this could possibly detriment the website personally

vCash
    I can see why you want players to be nominated by us as it should be players were are targeting to win in the auctions. Maybe keep this in and ask us to send a full XI of players to you rather than a handful of names? That way you may get more names across the board?

Transfer kitty seemed fine to be at the start of the season. Perhaps then give everyone half the kitty at the halfway point plus any cash they had left from the start of the season?

Scrap double captain - Keep it balanced throughout, makes it simpler and easier for you

Other sites - Can see why you want to use dream team to get points for European games. Not sure what other sites can be used for this.

WhatsApp - I declined on this, pointed out that it's a website competition to get more interest ON the site, not OFF it.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    We'll do double points this year but I think scrap it next season if I do it again

Could also put a few pennies on it as well

The way I do it with mates is top get a prize and bottom person pays to charity (or maybe could do to website)

The whole fun part of nominating is if I have no interest in Rooney but I want others to bid/buy him then I can put a leading boid and then leave others spend thier money. But that part gets better towards end where that can backfire on you and you are left with that player

vCash
    Yeah, I like that tactic. Can see people used that too this time around.

Do you think doing a Premiership one only would be easier for you to keep up with scores/league table? So it's not as much work?

Maybe do a different league every season? Might make it more varied?
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

vCash
    Easy enough to pull the points whether its EPL or all comps - thats why this is a bit different from FF (and why worth picking players who play in Europe - but then better to have someone playing every week for a lower team than maybe a squad rotation player)

vCash
    1 - Formations - Go with the basics 442, 433, 451, 532, 352. Kind covers them all really.
    2 - Auctions - Pre-season went well. Too many players in Jan perhaps. Max 4 changes in Jan, nominate 4 players. You might only want 1 but at least there's enough but not too many. Wouldn't bother reselling those released by others.
    3 - Transfer Kitty - Full pre-season, half in January
    4 - Double Captain - Good idea
    5 - Which Site? - I like the one you are using. FFL obvious alternative though for convenience.
    6 - Comms - Whatsapp is a no from me, I can understand it would be a bit of craic but not interested. There is the option to create Groups on the forum

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

AJ is offline Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Vipers Striker Extraordinaire
    vCash
    bitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitch bitchbitchbitcbitchbibitchbibitchbitbitchbitchbitc hbitchbitchchbitchbitchbitchtchbitchbitchbitchtchb itchbitchbitchhbitchbitch

vCash
    Keep the rules consistent ie
    Auction times went from 11pm season start to10am January.
    When most had a starting XI at the start of the season, the rest had free reign on remaining players bit during the Jan window there wasn't the same leeway. I really wanted rid off Ayew as 1. he's not scoring and 2. he's fkd my formation twice. Iwas even willing to haggle for aguero.

Just had a thought, we could use soccermanager for the forming teams process. Blank teams, same kitty, hidden bids.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Erkifino For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Chaps - any more feedback

Basically - I want to make it more interactive so am thinking of running the teams through FFL league and then asking you every week for any sub changes or captains

Obviously you guys could all do this but maybe takes away the interactive element so I'm happy to make changes (and if people do not advise they are stuck with changes/captain from week before)

This means a squad of 14 all season so a bit of flexibility in if you had an early season ending injury etc. I'd keep restrictions on clubs of max players so that should keep budget on FFL website

Only thing is, is that it won't have any League Cup/FA Cup or European points - all of which I think adds to it

There's a question about me making it more interactive so people don't lose interest (as currently I'm just updating every few weeks and it's a bit like "meh" - look at the table - whatever) so weekly you'd have to post something

But to run it like it currently is manual, could use FFL but takes away European and Cup points which maybe doesn't make it as exciting but I think running through FFL makes it "cleaner" for people understanding who they should buy (no thinking about buying players in Europe) and a level playing field in terms of games played

Any thoughts appreciated in order to make it more interactive on the forum

Cheers

vCash
    I`ll be more interested when I don`t miss 90% of the transfers (due to freedom robbery) and don`t get hit with a 50 points penalty for fielding too many strikers (Sanchez was a midfielder according to ffl)

If the ffl site would be used, it would be less sites\positions to keep a hold of, at least for us already in the ffl game.

Doing updates more often would also raise interest imo.

I`ll be more involved this time round either way

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Janis89 For This Useful Post:

AJ is offline Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Vipers Striker Extraordinaire
    vCash
    switching captains would be nice...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    FFL site with weekly switching teams/captains could be the way to go then with either people posting here or doing themselves

Could be one of those where it's a ballache for people to review the site, not make changes then ask me to make changes!

I suppose I could create all the teams under an email address and give everypone access - might mean people change other peole teams tho

Actually - can you create more than 1 team under 1 e-mail address - would have thought so?

vCash
    Like the idea of Switching captains etc.
    Gone off the whats app idea, but would like maybe another shoutbox room for people entering this.
    Lower leagues is also a great idea.
    Larger squads could be an issue when bidding wars start at the beginning of each season.
    Happy to assist with this in any way i can , looking forward to being part of it whatever you choose

19. The Following User Says Thank You to pyromyst For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Don't use the Sun as your reference point, use the the Fantasy PL that's just as good if not better. Especially as we already use that site for the FF.
    Don't switch your rules around mid season or add bits in. Killed it for me.
    Do state the formations at the beginning as rules. No need to have penalty points then.
    Switching captains would be nice, but only say once before xmas and once after.

vCash
    Can custom leagues/rules be created on FFL? In not is it just a fun version of the paid in version? I guess rules like 2 per club instead of 3 make it a bit different

vCash
    You can do a custom league - just unsure if i can create 10 teams under my name - probably

club restrictions would stay and hopefully with enough entrants means you would go over the limit on the site as dont think you'd have all top players (as only 1 person can have Aguero etc in this comp)

I'd prob do whatever formations on FFL site as easier

Think it should be easy enough to manage - just logging in any making the changes (either me or you guys) - you guys may get fecked off logging in and out of different email addresses when doing your own FFL so maybe easier if I just manage it -

It's all about the auctions anyway - that's the most fun

But this could be more visible/easier for people to follow when most use the dite anyway and know how scoring works etc

EDIT: - BALLS

Can I have more than one team?
    In the interest of fair play each person may only enter one team. You may enter this team in multiple leagues and compete against different groups of friends.

Not sure how we could do it on FFL site now? (as I couldn't add another team to my e-mail which has already got a team which is used for the comp that Mark runs)
    Last edited by Redknapp69; 15-05-17 at 03:26 PM.

vCash
    Any thoughts on how I could put all the teams oin FFL site?

vCash
    If it's all on FFL there's nothing really to run? And nothing really different?

vCash

Feedback (for next season)

1 - you could only have 1 or 2 players from a team
    2 - only 1 person could have Kane. 1 person could have De Gea etc etc.
    Hence we would still do the auctions
    3 - the only reason to go though FFL was to automate the scoring and people seemed more comfortable with point scoring there given most use it

And some other stuff I'd prob introduce

The issue seems to be you can only have 1 team per email address

So - I would imagine we all have our 'proper FFL' team against our email addresses (which we use for the comp Mark runs)

Cannot say I really want to create 15-20 new email addresses just to setup the teams and then create a league from it.

I'll have another look at the site but that was the main issue of using it

vCash
    Could we also run into the problem of not having enough budget to get all the players we drafted? Is there a limit on that which is different to the one we used this season?

vCash
    TBH I think that with the restriction of 1 or 2 per team I reckon it should be ok. I could just buy 4 duff subs for each of your teams if we didn't need the subs (which I was unsure to open it up to a 15 player game next season) - but even with that I still think it SHOULD stay within budget (even more so if we have 15+ players like we had this season)

vCash
    1 - Formations - Restrict formations to only 3 next year to make it simpler - likely 442, 433, 451
    yup having a basic 3 formations would make it less complicated...im up for that
    2 - Auctions - Re-think auction process whether it is worth people nominating players as is easy when going round a table but not so much when people do not submit nominations. Myabe I just decide on players that will go up
    i liked nominating...try and get a big list off us all...so say 10 per person....forfeit a mill pounds for every 1 of the 10 you dont nominate....incentive to do it then!
    3 - Transfer Kitty - Maybe a bigger transfer kitty to start and this lasts you all season (so need to hold back for Jan window). But during the season at any time you can haggle and swap players with cash included? - Maybe this makes it more interactive apart from people doing something every 6 months
    not too fussed on haggling...good idea to have to think about saving for trans window...i like that
    4 - Double Captain - Review double capatin points at season end. I always do awful on this and from a decent start with my 11 players (which it is all about as you hold your hat on them). Some fecker shoots way up the leaderboard just by having storming double captain points
    change captain 1st of every month if you want..good if your capt get injured or in poor form
    5 - Which Site? - Can another site/newspaper be used? I think having European points in there is good which is sadly why dreamteam site is used
    the sun one works...fine with me
    6 - Comms - Is anyone bothered about a Whatsapp group - Pyro tried to start but seemingly no joy. I think this could possibly detriment the website personally
    keep it here...again...works for me

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks London35

Anymore chaps?

I'll dig more into this next week when back from stag dooooo in Vegas

vCash
    I like London's feedback. Good idea to change captains on a monthly and yes, definitely get bigger lists from everyone. Trouble is, are most people likely to pick the same players in their pool of 10 players? Maybe increase it to 20/40 players each, asking them to nominate at least 1 player from each club and/or one per position too.
    The Alphabet Game #3

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I hate typing on my phone. I had an elaborate reply and when I received a phone call it didn't save it.

Submit 11 names with your max bid. Bidding is a mix of dtl and eBay. ie. Stick 65m on sanchez, nearest rival bid was 60m so the price is 61m.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast