Thread: Feedback (for next season)

vCash

Feedback (for next season)

Please do NOT use this as a bitching thread

I was never sure to run this game here as it is far harder not doing it akl around a table in person

Anyway - have given it a go and will see if we do it again next season

If so - will take learning from this season

If any of you have any feedback on how to improve it let me know here and I'll amend OP with relevant items to take on board for next season

Cheers

1 - Formations - Restrict formations to only 3 next year to make it simpler - likely 442, 433, 451
    2 - Auctions - Re-think auction process whether it is worth people nominating players as is easy when going round a table but not so much when people do not submit nominations. Myabe I just decide on players that will go up
    3 - Transfer Kitty - Maybe a bigger transfer kitty to start and this lasts you all season (so need to hold back for Jan window). But during the season at any time you can haggle and swap players with cash included? - Maybe this makes it more interactive apart from people doing something every 6 months
    4 - Double Captain - Review double capatin points at season end. I always do awful on this and from a decent start with my 11 players (which it is all about as you hold your hat on them). Some fecker shoots way up the leaderboard just by having storming double captain points
    5 - Which Site? - Can another site/newspaper be used? I think having European points in there is good which is sadly why dreamteam site is used
    6 - Comms - Is anyone bothered about a Whatsapp group - Pyro tried to start but seemingly no joy. I think this could possibly detriment the website personally

vCash
    I can see why you want players to be nominated by us as it should be players were are targeting to win in the auctions. Maybe keep this in and ask us to send a full XI of players to you rather than a handful of names? That way you may get more names across the board?

Transfer kitty seemed fine to be at the start of the season. Perhaps then give everyone half the kitty at the halfway point plus any cash they had left from the start of the season?

Scrap double captain - Keep it balanced throughout, makes it simpler and easier for you

Other sites - Can see why you want to use dream team to get points for European games. Not sure what other sites can be used for this.

WhatsApp - I declined on this, pointed out that it's a website competition to get more interest ON the site, not OFF it.
    The Alphabet Game
    Try your luck at winning the top flight title with all 26 letters in the Alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    We'll do double points this year but I think scrap it next season if I do it again

Could also put a few pennies on it as well

The way I do it with mates is top get a prize and bottom person pays to charity (or maybe could do to website)

The whole fun part of nominating is if I have no interest in Rooney but I want others to bid/buy him then I can put a leading boid and then leave others spend thier money. But that part gets better towards end where that can backfire on you and you are left with that player

vCash
    Yeah, I like that tactic. Can see people used that too this time around.

Do you think doing a Premiership one only would be easier for you to keep up with scores/league table? So it's not as much work?

Maybe do a different league every season? Might make it more varied?
    The Alphabet Game
    Try your luck at winning the top flight title with all 26 letters in the Alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Easy enough to pull the points whether its EPL or all comps - thats why this is a bit different from FF (and why worth picking players who play in Europe - but then better to have someone playing every week for a lower team than maybe a squad rotation player)

vCash
    1 - Formations - Go with the basics 442, 433, 451, 532, 352. Kind covers them all really.
    2 - Auctions - Pre-season went well. Too many players in Jan perhaps. Max 4 changes in Jan, nominate 4 players. You might only want 1 but at least there's enough but not too many. Wouldn't bother reselling those released by others.
    3 - Transfer Kitty - Full pre-season, half in January
    4 - Double Captain - Good idea
    5 - Which Site? - I like the one you are using. FFL obvious alternative though for convenience.
    6 - Comms - Whatsapp is a no from me, I can understand it would be a bit of craic but not interested. There is the option to create Groups on the forum

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

AJ is offline Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Vipers Striker Extraordinaire
    vCash
    bitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitch bitchbitchbitcbitchbibitchbibitchbitbitchbitchbitc hbitchbitchchbitchbitchbitchtchbitchbitchbitchtchb itchbitchbitchhbitchbitch

vCash
    Keep the rules consistent ie
    Auction times went from 11pm season start to10am January.
    When most had a starting XI at the start of the season, the rest had free reign on remaining players bit during the Jan window there wasn't the same leeway. I really wanted rid off Ayew as 1. he's not scoring and 2. he's fkd my formation twice. Iwas even willing to haggle for aguero.

Just had a thought, we could use soccermanager for the forming teams process. Blank teams, same kitty, hidden bids.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Erkifino For This Useful Post: