Thread: Forward Runs and Set Piece instructions in Wib/Wob Tactics

vCash

Forward Runs and Set Piece instructions in Wib/Wob Tactics

I've been playing around with wib/wob tactics recently and I had to stop and wonder about the "forward runs" instruction for each player. Does this affect the position the player will be in the Wib situation? I noticed that there is a "Show runs" option on the wib/wob screens but applying "forward runs" instruction to players doesn't seem to affect the "runs" dotted lines. So if not that, what does "forward runs" do in a tactic? And why is it available for GKs?

For the "Set Piece" instructions for both Attack and Defense, does the "Normal" setting mean that they player will be in the position I set in the Wob screen?

Thank you

vCash
    The "Show Runs" just shows their movement from one square on the WIB screen to another. Basically so you can track how your players move as the ball moves around the pitch. Excessively long runs between squares will result in exhausted players if they don't have great stamina.

Forward runs are more of a directive to run into the channels or on the overlap when attacking. Considering how attack-orientated the game is, you can put this instruction on everyone except the goalkeeper and two central defenders if you want to maximise your tactic's ability.

Set piece instructions have nothing to do with the WIB/WOB screens. Just leave everyone on normal, which lets the match engine sort it for you (the game is pretty good at this). Maybe just have one manual player setting on forward (usually a forward or fast winger) on the defensive, and one manual setting on back (usually a central defender or full back) on the attacking set pieces for peace of mind.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hodgy For This Useful Post:

KL1

vCash
    After play-testing (as opposed to just running in holiday mode) for 5 seasons among 2 different teams, I have the following observations:

1. Removing "Forwards runs" from any one at the attacker position (forwards or attacking midfielders with forward arrows) noticeably decreased the average number of offsides per game. It didn't significantly change the average number of goals scored per season though.

2. Keeping all "Set Piece (A)" instructions to normal, decreased the number of goals DCs score per season, but didn't noticeably decrease the average number of goals scored from corners though.