Thread: AI Tactics

vCash

AI Tactics

I was wondering if something had changed in the tactics used by the AI with the 2.21.1 patch ?

The reason I ask is that it is a long time since anyone played the dreaded defensive counter against me. Recently all of the AI managers have been reverting to a 4-3-3 when ever they play me even when they have never played it before and don't have the squad to support it.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    I think that might be more to do with the Update team changing most managers preferred formation?

vCash
    It happens regularly in my games, if not in all of them, most of the time when playing with all the leagues and max database on. AI managers massively switch to a 4-3-3 or a 5-3-2 after some in game years. But in my memory it happened in vanilla CM too.

Many threads are reporting this behaviour. I covered this subject partially here and here, if you're interested.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sure For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Don't think it's either patch or data update related. As Sure says, this definitely happens on ODB (and .60). The managers switch to using sweeper after a few years. Must be something written in the randomizing algorithm that's bugged i.e. the one that picks a newly generated manager's preferred formation (Sweeper 532 is the first in the list). The same happens when a manager has no preferred formation set. Or if you convert and replace loads the .pct files with .tct it will pick one over and over as a replacement for the one it can't match even though a copy exist's e.g. any version of 4231 replacing the sweeper tactics results in managers with sweeper 532 as a preferred tactics using 433 (only about 70% though, it's fairly random). Same goes replacing 451 with 4231, the managers will revert to sweeper 532

vCash
    Happens on mine too, I usually choose 8 leagues, if I start in 2017, it starts happening on 2022, I have noticed more defensive managers opting for Sweeper-532 formations, while managers with prefered 4-5-1 formations or attacking preference style opting for a 4-3-3 formation