Thread: Slowing down match commentaries

vCash

Slowing down match commentaries

I was wondering if there was a way to slow down match commentaries in CM 98-99?
    Even though I put commentaries for "very slow" they still run too fast in my windows vista.
    Back in the day when I had Windows 98 computer, the commentaries ran just perfect, but later versions of windows (2000, XP, Vista, etcetera) always have been speeding up the game in general (not just the commentaries).

Is there a rather quick and easy way to solve this problem, without me buying an old Windows 98 computer or running CM 98-99 in VirtualBox (which has its own issues)? Is there some way, somehow, I could slow down the entire game (and match commentaries specifically)?

I just think football should be enjoyed (there is no rush). Besides, I need slower commentaries to better design my tactics (!)

vCash
    How odd, played CM on windows 98, XP, win 7,8,9 & 10 with no difference, Vista was getting slated so went from XP to win 7 instead at the time.

vCash
    I had Windows 98 first edition desktop computer back in the day, and the commentaries ran noticeably slower for me.
    Someone told me that I could replace (downgrade) some part of hardware on my Vista, but I'd rather go with something simpler, if there is another way...
    Last edited by Al; 22-03-17 at 08:51 AM.

vCash
    Technically this file should work on any CM3 file - http://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=230 - just backup the current events_eng.cfg first