Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Until 2050

vCash
    Montgomery will soon be unhappy there and in League 1 his value won't be that much for you to try and sign him again.

Just read the season right up, promotion to the big time secured with that Liga 2 win, and a great run in the Cup too, shame about that Semi Final.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Montgomery will soon be unhappy there and in League 1 his value won't be that much for you to try and sign him again.

Just read the season right up, promotion to the big time secured with that Liga 2 win, and a great run in the Cup too, shame about that Semi Final.
    Maybe he's unhappy, yes, but I do not think I'll hire him for Real Madrid. Simply because I do not need him. Shame about that final (I believe is what you mean) I hate to reach the final and lose, but I have to recognize that Deportivo's victory was fair.

vCash
    Indeed I did mean the final!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Covered with honey

When I left Inter to join Real, I knew I would suffer a big tumble in the top world manager ranking. I was just in 1st place with Inter ,but as soon as I finished the season already in Madrid (where I only played two games) I left the top 10. It's not something that worries me, because very honestly what really interests me is winning titles. Throughout the 2036/2037 season I received so many, but so many job offers from other clubs(Without ever having even applied for the job) that it is almost unbelievable. Just so you have a notion what Im talking about, I decided to split the proposals I had in 3 different categories:

Are you fuc**** kidding me?!- Valladolid, Real Sociedad and Almeria from La Liga2 ; Mirandés, Osasuna, Tenerife from La Liga; Sedan and US Créteil-Lusitanos from French Ligue 1 ; Palermo and Cesena from Italian Serie A; Southend Utd from Premier League

Maybe some other time- Sevilla from La Liga, Bayer Leverkusen and Schalke 04 from Bundesliga

Very, very tempting- PSG from French Ligue1 ; Bayern Munich from Bundesliga ; Tottenham and Manchester City from Premier League

But to all of them ... I said thank you but no. Even though I managed to reach the main goal of the season, I was determined to stay in Madrid and as such, it made no sense to embrace another project.I know that I've changed a lot of clubs throughout my career, but I felt good in Madrid, I was enthusiastic about the future and looking forward to finally playing in La Liga. I was honored to have received so many job offers, but my commitment to Real is 100%.
    Last edited by rodrigoazevedo; Today at 03:19 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rodrigoazevedo For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Can't believe you didn't join Southend Utd

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Can't believe you didn't join Southend Utd
    Eheheheheh
    Even being a modest team, Southend Utd deserves all my respect.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rodrigoazevedo For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    The unexpected achievement

Season 2037/2038

In more than 20 years of career, I would finally have the chance to play in the main league of Spain. In my debut year in La Liga I was expecting a very tough opponent (possibly the most dominant team in European football in the last two decades). From 2015/2016 to 2036/2037 Barcelona had won the title on 18 occasions! Real won 3 (the last in 2028/2029) and the outsider Celta de Vigo won the unexpected title in 2034/2035. I knew perfectly well that I had a difficult task ahead of me. However, I felt confident and what I wanted was mainly a good qualification that would allow us a place in European competitions (preferably in the Champions League) the following year. I was pleased with the squad at my disposal, but still, I tried to improve the team with some new players.
    Five new and promising players came in for free, Ander Fidalgo came for 1.5M from Cadiz (defensive midfielder) Kazimierowicz a 19 year old Polish midfielder and already with more than 10 appearances by the his national team came by almost 1M from Legia Warsaw and Gastón Villagra a 21-year-old Argentine playmaker came from Santamarina for about 230K. As for the exits, 11 players were either dispensed or sold. One player who was sold and I was very displeased, was Claudio Acosta who was transferred to Villarreal by 11.25M. He had been a key player for us the year before, but when he said he wanted to leave, I had no choice but to let him go. In the middle of the season, we also lost Battaglia, which despite playing less often was a very experienced and important element in the squad. He finished the career of player and was to assume the technical command of Carrarese of Italian Serie B. But let's see what happened this season

Pre-season- With the league only starting in the middle of September, once again I scheduled numerous friendly games /tests for my team. We spent a few days in the south of France, where we played Saint Etienne (0-0) and Lyon (1-2). After we went to the south of Italy to face my old team, Napoli (3-3). Back in Madrid, we played Di Stefano Cup in our own stadium with two bad results, 0-2 against Real Sociedad and 0-3 against Feyenoord. We went to make the presentation game to the supporters of the biggest club in the world Benfica 0-1 Real. We still had time to spend almost a week in China (competing and making money at the behest of the sponsors) playing with Tianjin Quanian (0-2) and Shanghai SIPG (2-1). A week before the opening game of the new season, we still played against another old team of mine at the Bernabeu. We beat B.Dortmund 4-1.

Copa del Rey- As a runner-up in the previous season, of course I wanted this year to do better. Unfortunately, in the first round and against an opponent of La Liga2 we were early kicked out of the competition. Real Sociedad 2-1 Real Madrid I will not make excuses to try to justify our elimination, even playing with less used players, we had an obligation to do much better. It was a competition that I really wanted to win again, but I would have to try again the following year. Osasuna took the trophy in the end.

La Liga- 1st- Real Madrid 38 games 26W 8D 4L 75GS-32GC and 86 points, 2nd- Barcelona 38g 22W 5D 11L 67GS-44GC and 71 points. Paradoxically, the early elimination in Copa del Rey and the absence in both UEFA competitions I believe that was even beneficial for us. In terms of team freshness and focus, playing only in the league turned out to be our only goal. I think we have taken advantage of that factor. In contrast Barcelona and being a much more experienced team than ours( but also more aged), ended up not being able to stay in all the fights that was involved, giving up unexpectedly(or maybe not) in this particular competition. To finish with 15 points more than Barcelona, ​​not even in my best dreams. But it happened and the entire " blanco" universe was delighted, with me obviously included. Perhaps fueled by the feeling of revolt after the painful defeat at San Sebastian (Real Sociedad) the truth is that the spectacular sequence of 11 victories in a row followed shortly after the fateful elimination in the cup was absolutely fundamental to our triumphant walk in La Liga. I leave here some of the most relevant results of this dream season: Bétis 0-2 Real(Falcón and Keith), Deportivo 0-1 Real ( Kazi), Real 3-1 Alavés( 2 from Keith, 1 from Falcón), Real 4-2 Barcelona ( 2 from J.A Diaz, 1from Keith and 1 from Kazi), Real 4-0 Tenerife ( 1 Falcón, 1 Villagra, 1 Keith), Villarreal 0-3 Real ( Falcón, Kazi and A.Fidalgo), Atlético 0-0 Real, Eibár 0-4 Real ( Falcón, Beltran, Keith and Fidalgo) Real 3-0 Nastic( Falcón, Villagra, Ruud Salden), Réus 2-5 Real ( 3 Falcón, Villagra and Ruud Salden), Barcelona 0-1 Real ( Falcón), Alavés 0-3 Real ( 2 Beltran, 1 J.A.Diaz), Real 3-0 Celta ( Beltran, Kazi and Villagra), Real 4-2 Villarreal( 2 Kazi, Falcón and Villagra), Real 1-1 Atlético ( Falcón) and with 5 games to the end, the game that crowned us new La Liga champions, Real 3-1 Oviedo( I.Ramirez, 2 from Falcón).

My players stats- Beltran 23(5) 7G 4A 3MoM and 7.25 rat.
    Kazimierowicz 25(7) 7G 6A 2MoM and 7.28 rat.
    Gastón Villagra 24(10) 12G 3A 4MoM and 7.50 rat.
    Ruud Salden 26(1) 2G and 7.11 rat.
    Adriano Leitão 9(6) 1G 1MoM and 6.87 rat. - Maybe I was not very fair to a player who had been so good the year before, but sometimes we have to take the options we think are best for the team.
    J.Weissenberger 21(8) 8A 1MoM and 7.24 rat. - Even without scoring any goal, he was an important player for the team.
    Keith McLaughlin 31(3) 8G 10A 6MoM and 7.44 rat. -Very good season season for this Scottish midfielder.
    António Rodrigues 22 5A and 7.36 rat.
    Ander Fidalgo 31(1) 4G 5A 3MoM and 7.31 rat.
    J.A.Diaz - 13(10) 7G 2A and 7.13 rat.
    Nuno Quintas - 10(3) 1A and 6.38 rat.
    Roberto Falcón - 27(3) 19G 1A 4MoM and 7.93 rat. - He was in my opinion the key player of the season. He was rightly considered the Spanish player of the year and of course the best player for our fans. Of course, among his own team-mates, there was no shortage of people who considered him the star of the team and some (especially the younger ones) who said it was an honor to play in the same club as him.

After 2 titles in 2 years with Real Madrid, the press began to speculate about my staying in Madrid. This year, I received only 3 job offers, Celta, Alavés and Nástic which I evidently refused. Of course if I wanted to, I could very well embrace a new project. I was happy, glad with my young team and above all I wanted to win more with Real. Contrary to the history of my own career, I decided to stay in Madrid. I was exactly where I wanted it and I desired new conquests with this team (which I think was built by me). The giant was now awake

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rodrigoazevedo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Well done on the title mate, shame about the Cup but possibly a blessing in disguise really.

Bring on Europe now!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234