Thread: Game was fine, now errors everywhere!

vCash

Game was fine, now errors everywhere!

Hi,

I have been playing my latest save with no problem for weeks now. I am 9 seasons into the game without a single error or odd event happening.
    I saved my game as normal last night but when I loaded it up this morning all of my players ages have decreased by 15 years!! Plus, I now have errors all the time. The error messages usually start with v.3.9.68T match_eng..

I haven't downloaded, altered or adjusted anything at all since I saved the game last night.
    I'm playing with the .68 patch and the latest Tapani patch as well.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Or is my save just doomed now?

Just when I had an all conquering team as well

Ben

vCash
    Seems like Tapani patch has been ran twice

vCash
    Thanks Dermotron.
    I guess this is just an occupational hazard of using a patch.
    From what I have read on the forums, my save is now corrupted beyond repair?

vCash
    Provided you didn't save it again and can get your .exe back to the way it was, then the data should load exactly as it was before.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    Thank you Kingsley.

Sadly, I had saved it so I shall have to start over again.
    Now, if it was to happen again on my new save, is it straightforward to put the .exe back to how it was before it went wrong?

vCash
    What I do is to make a copy of my .exe and put it as another name before patching, for instance I have an alphabet.exe which I know is exactly the patching that I used to start my alphabet game.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash

Game was fine, now errors everywhere!

What's this to do at all with a patch or an .exe

His save game of 9 seasons is fucked and he's made no changes in the editor .. that he's mentioned

vCash
    Hey, playing with newest Tapani patch and update and have had no errors for a long time...
    I load up a 3 season long save that I played yesterday but now neither players nor staff have any first names...
    Have not tinkered with anything and would greatly appreciate any help with this issue...
    Cheers

vCash
    Thanks Kingsley. That's a great help. I shall back up from now on. I'm also thinking of having 2 different save names for my one save so if one should go wrong, I can go back to the other losing no more than a month of CM (I always use the monthly auto save)

Fods, no I hadn't changed anything in the editor. I simply loaded up the save and it was full of errors where for the previous 9 seasons, I hadn't seen a single error.