Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: The Alphabet Game #3 - April 2017 Data Update

vCash
    Dare to dream?

Still waiting on a C job. Had my eye on Carpi job in Italy since start of last season, finally sack their manager but no joy

EDIT: ooh, Cruzeiro job is available. Even in the top 600 managers there about 250 unemployed with a better world ranking

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Season 2022/2023 - Autumn/Winter update

So I started my fifth season with Constáncia, now playing in La Liga. Had not managed to get a "D" job but stayed because it would be good for my rep as I managed to get into the top 500 managers in the world and now thought it would be easy to get a new job for a "D" team. But it was not as easy as I thought, jobs popped up in the brazilian third divison, turkish second division, belgian first divsion and the russian first division but nobody wanted me! I started to get slightly irritated but I felt I could do one more season for Constáncia, I actually got a pretty good squad with the new signing of Beharino paving the way for La Liga success. I also started the season pretty well with 4 victories and being in 2nd place after 4 games, right after Atletico Bilbao. But for some reason my board told me that fans wanted me away from the club, why? I have no idea, ungrateful bastards!

However, it was not only the fans who wasn't happy, many of my players started to show some unhappiness especially regarding their contracts and they wanted big raises. So just because you are in the big league you think you are big shots huh!? In Constáncia you don't play for the money, you play for the love of football I told them! They did not agree and the lack of harmony in the club started to affect more players. Bad timing since we got some big games up front. Real Madrid, Barcelona and Sevilla in that particular order in fact and we started to get into a bad run and I still could not manage to get any decent job elsewhere.

Real Madrid up at home, it was a close game but we lost 0-1. Barcelona at Camp Nou, had no chance at all, they outplayed us on every single position and got a comfortable 2-0 victory. Sevilla up next and we played even worse. 0-2 and I started to get frustrated, first time in my career since I took over Ards in Northern Ireland that I had lost 3 matches in a row and I couldn't bloody leave this club!! I was on the verge of a brakedown, I had been here too long and when the result started to go against me I just wanted to leave this island...I had no idea what to do. Then a mail came in and I could not believe my eyes, a club -on the letter D- actually wanted my services. THANK YOU.

Defensa y Justicia from Buenos Aires, Argentina offered me a job and I took it straight away, in the bottom of Argentinian division 2 I know but bloody hell, the turkish division 2 didn't want me. I could not be picky anymore and I had never managed a team in Argentina before so why not?

When I arrived in Argentina I met a tiny, tiny squad but with some potential. They had a good defense where the stars in the team played but lacked some in the midfield but I noticed a young, promising striker in 18 year old Hernán Ferreyra.

Only four games of the season left it seems (I don't know how the league system works, but it looks like they only meet each other one time?) but Copa Argentina on the way, maybe I could go for gold there.

I noticed a lot of red in their finances so I had to go to the free transfer market immediately but of course they did not have any scouts so I have to rely on my own abilities until I manage to get one. So things are not looking so good that I had hoped for but I just could not stand staying in Constáncia anymore. All that time, taking a small club to one of the greatest leagues in the world and all I got was ungrateful fans and greedy -money loving- players. God I love the lower leagues sometimes...
    Last edited by ThePsi; 13-05-17 at 01:49 AM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePsi For This Useful Post:

vCash

I've got close. Very close. But no cigar. Three seasons here now. I'm beginning to hate Sweden!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hang in there Eb! On the upside, one more year at the local pub meeting swedish girls can't be too bad!

vCash
    Still stuck looking for a "D" Club, very demoralising and boring knowing you need to move on but nothing coming up. 3 times Derby have become very insecure, 3 times the jammy sod keeps getting lucky and keeping his job. Degerfors, Djurgaarden as well keep coming up but then dissapearing after a few games.

vCash
    Hang in there!! It will come something soon

vCash
    I think that's the beauty of it. The jobs come up so irregularly you end up doing the best you can where you are. So its a game within a game.

Being in a country seems to have a big bearing on getting a job so getting into a country with plenty of options is a must.

There's always the Spanish 2B carousel every June 20th lol

vCash
    Finally found a "B" job - Betekom in Belgium.

After some awesome free transfers manged to win the League undefeated, 30 wins out of 30 games.

But, most amazing managed to win the Belgian Cup after some lucky fixtures, an awesome win against Genk in the semis and a lucky late 90 minute goal win against Zulte-Waregen in the final.

On to "C" now

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to welchia For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Not posted for a while and this is why...

I landed the job at Edinburgh City whose manager had been poached by Aberdeen a few days before. They were in 3rd and 6 points off the leaders at the time Montrose after 21 games. The team i inherited was pretty good but the best players were in positions im not used to playing to i had to experiment with tactics for a few games including a disastrous cup slaughter 4-0 at home to kilmarnock. However when things clicked they really clicked and i only lost 1 in my last 12 games and rose to the top spot to take over Airdrie.

So, its onto 'F' and hopefully a more reputable club, my rep is just over 500 but cant seem to get a job in higher leagues at the moment, happy to stay and rise through the leagues as Edinburgh however as i am enjoying the tactics and the youth i have in this team and how they develop.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tom_oufc For This Useful Post:

vCash
    First season with Dundee United in the top division finished, and after a poor first half the massive strengthening of the team that took place in January did wonders. We didn't manage to climb higher than 6th place, but cut the distance to the top teams in half (with the exception of runawayers Hamilton). Things are looking promising for next season, we'll be competing for the win then, I think.

While the league finish wasn't spectacular, our FA Cup run was very good. Thankfuly our participation in it didn't start until January, so we could field a good team from the start, and managed to get all the way to the final. Celtic proved to be better than us at penalty shoot-outs, however, so there wasn't any silverware to be had this season.

As mentioned i bought/signed a lot of players in January, here are a couple of the best ones:

Spoiler!

I'm optimistic for the next seaon, I think the team I have at my disposal now is capable of winning something.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pegster For This Useful Post:

vCash
    My second season in Sweden went smoother, and we managed to finish 1st in the league, qualifying for playoffs! At the first half of the season, Brommapojkarna was a serious contender, but they had a terrible run the second half of the season and ended up way behind us.

The first game ended 0-0 and we were very motivated to show our home fans that the finish of last season was a one time thing. The game was pretty similar though, as we went 4-0 up before half time. Again glasses of champagne clinged loudly as we went out to play the second half. Again, we started to crumble, but managed to keep ourselves ahead, and my job here in Balkan is done.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Felix For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I'm into month 10 with getting a "D" job. I have left Belgium for Finland though, to get some experience and know how in different leagues for when it's needed...Have applied for various "D" jobs but with no luck sigh.

vCash
    Oh Dover we love you...sang some supporters once.

Struggled in the league but finished a reputable 12th, enough to keep my job for another season. And then this happened...

Another Cup Final, another Cup Final win! The club, obviously, are very happy with me, and I them, right up until an E club offers me a job that is!

None spare at the moment so re-building for an assault on the ENL title.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Well,

That didn't take long. I've moved across the South Coast (tm) to take over at Eastleigh. It would seem that the end of the season is a good time to get a club.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    So after all those months of trying, bottom of the Irish League Derry sack their gaffer and I get the opportunity to try and keep them up with 12 games remaining and being 6 points adrift of the relegation play-off place and a massive 16 points back from complete safety ooh err. Thankfully we managed to beat Bohemians in a 2 legged play-off to stay up as Cobh lost 7 in a row to get relegated automatically

When I took over I didn't know we were still in the FAI Cup and we went on won it

There's no "E" jobs around so i'll plan for fun and games in the Europa League and look to improve the squad, whilst keeping an eye on the "E" jobs.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Baz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Did not manage to win anything in my first season in Defencia y Justicia. But almost everyone was unhappy and I manage to change that which was my goal. Now I just have to try to get some money somehow and some good players so I can move on.

vCash

Finally.

[/url]

And got through the playoffs as well. Convincingly.

It's finally time to move on to C.

[/url]

Let's see how long it takes to find one!

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I managed to get lucky with 'F' in the fact that i have an offer within a month of winning the league with Edinburgh. The downside is that it was not the higher reputation luxurious job i was looking for but at....

This team has just been promoted to the conference and is seriously lacking in quality, although it was quick to get the job i think it not gunna be quick to tick it off, i love a challenge and this will be the hardest yet.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tom_oufc For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Got a job with CD Alcala in Spanish Secunda B.

After a bad start managed to get back on the top and won the title and after the promotion.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to welchia For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Finally got offered a Job with Doncaster, Accepted the job but not before making a save. Then made another save after accepting Job. Went back to playing the save with Cardiff to test out how much rep I would gain from winning the premier league (only needed to play one game) and silly me then saved over the wrong file. Tried applying for Doncaster again but they keep giving it to Tom bloody Huddlestone

So here I am again looking for a job beginning with "D".

vCash
    2nd season with Dundee turned to be mainly about us and Celtic, even if there were 4 other teams in the top of the league that all took turns being 1st, and most of the season it was only a few points separating 1st and 6th until the last part of the league when the top teams play eachother. Celtic ended up being the best team over 38 games, one miniscule point ahead of us.

We went out in the first round we participated in in the League Cup, losing 4-0 at home to Championship team Aberdeen, and in the Europa League we lost to Slask Wrocklaw from Poland in the round of 32.

The FA Cup was besid ethe league our main hope of silverware after the League cup fiasco, and we got all the way to the final and had a chance to get revenge from last year's final defeat as we once again faced Celtic. No penalties this time, but a red card and a Celtic keeper with a 3 rating helped us finish ahead. D is done!

I had some money to spend before this season, and unlike in January the board allowed me to sign the players I wanted and that we could afford.

Morrison was amazing on loan last season and still available for £95k and still wanting first team football, while Aitken was one of few players who were any good at Rangers when they were relegated last season. Left winger Akinola wanted to move to a bigger club than Barnet, while Emre Sahin was signed as a replacement squad player when the guy who was left winger for me last season decided that not showing up for training and whining about it when I fined him for it was the thing to do. All four did at least as well as I had expected them to.

Jaime McNeill was relegated to reserve striker with the acquisition of Aitken, and still did well when he got to play. Ante Prskalo was good at BK Saturnus and good last season at Dundee, and he's still only 21 years old and getting better and better so expect to see more of him at my future clubs.

Spoiler!

My reputation climbed a bit, but I don't expect to be given the Milan job that I applied for. One E job in the French National, and a couple of insecure E managers, so hopefully I should be able to move soon.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pegster For This Useful Post:

vCash
    It took just three months to get a new job.
    And it's back to Northern Ireland.
    Couldn't be better.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash

It was a little bit too close for my taste but we managed to get it by a close 2-4 victory against Tigres, it was 2-2 in the 64th minute but then we score 2 quick ones to clinch the title! (although it would not be too bad not to win since you get another shot for the title during spring". But our season is finished early and I can focus on getting a new job.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePsi For This Useful Post:

vCash
    "E" was a bit easier than I expected, we had a small amount of money available which allowed me to bring in effectively 5 key players, and some squad depth with free transfers.
    Spoiler!

I also had an easy run in the Dutch Cup, facing only 3 Eredivisie teams, including Ajax in the final.
    Spoiler!

Johan Wouters was the key man, and Sertic and Gomes came in January to boost the team for the second half of the season.
    Spoiler!

There doesn't seem to be any "F" jobs insecure at the moment so I may have to hang around for a while.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to colml For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Well played on with Derry for another season waiting for an offer of an "E" job...ended up getting to round 3 of the Europa League when Palermo beat us 4-3 on aggregate, lost in the League Cup and FAI Cup fnals and finished second by a point to Dundalk in the league, super frustrating.....

Then I finally land an "E" job

£4m in debt, a squad of 18 players and just relegated from La Liga....could be a few seasons job here.

43. The Following User Says Thank You to Baz For This Useful Post:

AMC

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast