Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: The Alphabet Game #3 - April 2017 Data Update

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormandyWept View Post
    Achtzehnhundertsechsig, but yes, I guess you're right. In the end, a moot point as they and a few other candidates spurned my advances.
    As far as I know only saying "achtzehn sechsig" is at least as common as saying "achtzehnhundertsechsig" when referring to the club. When referring to the number or year in general the hundert needs to be included, of course.

Colml: The policy has been that if you win your league group and then the play-off it counts as a win.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pegster For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by colml View Post
    Question: the Swedish Division I doesn't declare a champion, instead the top team from each group goes into promotion playoffs, with the winners being promoted. I guess this doesn't count as a win?
    Are you sure the playoff winner isn't in the league history? A bit like Spain, the final playoff game winner is in the league history, the first place from other groups aren't so technically haven't won anything

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Are you sure the playoff winner isn't in the league history? A bit like Spain, the final playoff game winner is in the league history, the first place from other groups aren't so technically haven't won anything
    No, it's three finals like in the intertoto cup. No history for champions in the swedish lower divisions.

vCash
    Indeed, there is no history for the winners at all. I counted it when I was in Spain because it said winners in the club's history. I guess I'm here for another season.

vCash
    I counted it as B done when I won division 2 with Balkan and then won the playoffs! I thought what was said earlier in the thread was to be interpreted in that way?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    I counted it as B done when I won division 2 with Balkan and then won the playoffs! I thought what was said earlier in the thread was to be interpreted in that way?
    Yeah, you're right. Looking back through the thread it seems a few people have done it and counted it, so I guess it stands

vCash
    So I'm counting G as done, it was fairly straightforward as this team has spent most of it's seasons in the Superettan.

Spoiler!

Didn't have to wait too long for a new job either, it's back to the Eerste Divisie we go.
    Spoiler!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to colml For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    I think nothing happens if you apply at a club that already has a manager.

This is a mess. It has now been three full seasons since I ticked off B and still not a single C club have wanted to appoint me. Meanwhile I have won the northern irish league twice, had decent runs in Europe and this fourth season I took Linfield to Champions league. It has made me go to top 1700 managers in the world (was over 3000 before) but still no C job in sight... Getting annoying this.
    I feel your pain man. I have finally found light at the end of my tunnel but my destination is not anything like where I wanted to be!!

vCash
    Finally, a mere 632 days (1 year, 8 months and 23 days) since winning the league with Cliftonville, I finally have a new D job!!

I am heading back to Sweden to a semi-pro club with no players at all, 1 coach, 1 physio and 1 scout.
    Oh....and absolutely no money!!

[/url]

Incidentally, I won an extra:

Irish Challenge Cup
    2 Northern Irish Charity Shields
    2 NIFL Cups
    and another Northern Irish Premiership.

Got my rep up to 1742 in the standings.

I have exactly 3 months to create a squad here before the first game!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash

Lost the Russian Cup final next, not cool. Hpped over to the LA Galaxy who want nothing from me but improve the squad. now that I CAN do.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    AJ always has the best menubars

vCash
    I thought this was going to be a tough league but it turned out to be highly rewarding and kept me on edge to the end. Me and Accrington went toe to toe all through the season and it only got sorted on the last game. Accrington blew a two goal lead against me in the one from last game which meant i needed to not lose in the final game.

I managed to get to the 3rd round of the Fa Cuo and drew Middkesborough away which helped towards my finances.

Here are some of my better players throughout the season.

I have had a fantastic season here at Folkstone and i am in no rush to leave it, i have changed the club financially and have a few future transfers coming in. I will keep an eye on the job screen but will only take a job that interests me and not any that gets me higher on the leaderboard.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tom_oufc For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Question: Are teams starting with special language characters treated as the closest latin alphabet letter?

Example : Turkish teams starting with count as a C team?
    The question applies for other special letters from different alphabets too.

vCash
    D - Derby done.

Nice league cup win against the mancs. Backs to the wall for most of the game after Jari Schuurman scored in the 24th minute, but the defence and keeper held firm.

Also won the First division at a canter. Never in doubt after a fine start to the season

Now to find a job starting with E that interests me.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EL-TOPPO For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Amazingly just one day after my first league game with Delsbo, Droylsden offered me the managers job so it is a sideways move for me to get some game time up in England and try and enhance my reputation there.

[/url]

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The downside is I have just 4 games to save our league status (and probably keep my job)

[/url]

24. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    I was having a decent season at Derry City, looking likely to finish 3rd in our debut top-flight campaign, but then Esbjerg fB came knocking and I quickly packed my bags and escaped to Denmark and a tilt at adding another letter.

We were bottom when I arrived, but a run of five wins and two draws from our seven games saw us remarkably stay up by a single point. Now I'll attempt to build a squad to compete for the First Division title next year - which will be quite the rebuild with many of our stars having been loaned in and several of the players we do own having already agreed transfers away.

Previous Clubs
    Ards: 7th in Premiership, won Cup
    Ballyclare: 9th in Premiership & relegated after losing playoff
    Cliftonville: 1st in Premiership, won League Cup
    Derry City: 3rd in Premier Division

26. The Following User Says Thank You to NormandyWept For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash

next stop, first division Manchester City!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    There's no one catching AJ.

How you managed to get the rep to bag a decent side as early as Espanyol is beyond me!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Added another Eerste Divisie title to my CV. We were already in 7th when I took over and only 4 points off the top. Spent a bit of money in January to boost the squad.
    Spoiler!

This guy was my favourite signing .
    Spoiler!

There aren't any "I" jobs available at the moment, hopefully I won't have to stick around here for too long as I was gaining some momentum.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to colml For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    The downside is I have just 4 games to save our league status (and probably keep my job)
    One draw followed by three narrow wins and we survive and can look to rebuild next season.

Up in The Championship, Blackburn went a bit goal crazy, at both ends.
    Joint top scorers, 2nd most conceded.
    Never seen so many scored or conceded without said side either getting promoted or relegated.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Damn, applied for the Real Madrid job for the craic, and they offered me the job . I'm tempted to take it but it doesn't really help in the long run.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to colml For This Useful Post:

vCash
    do it. It works miracles for your reputation and the jobs will be easier to get afterwards.

vCash
    First season finished with Eskilstuna, and it went about as well as expected. Mid-table finish (third, but only one point ahead of sixth), and currently a somewhat bloated squad that's not too filled with quality players. I started with 5 players and preferred securing a big enough squad rather than being very selective with who I signed and thereby risking not having enough players. I've got a fairly good idea who is worth keeping and who will be allowed to leave again, and I'm planning on signing a new bunch of players when the window opens in January. A couple of the players I've signed have proven to be very good, though, and as usual a lot of the players are young and will likely improve. I expect I'll be here one or two more seasons.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pegster For This Useful Post:

vCash
    A fantastic season with Esbjerg, as the arrival of Dusan Tadic and 6 Brazilians on free transfers as part of a major rebuild transformed us immediately from a team struggling at one end of the table to a one competing at the other. As well as winning the league on the back of a superbly miserly defence, we also scooped the Danish Cup with a resounding upset win over top-division Randers in the Final.

Obviously one eye is already open for opportunities at an 'F' club, but as usual I'll be continuing with Esbjerg in the meantime. I assume the Cup win puts us in Europe, which will be fun, and our balance is finally in the black which may allow me to make the first transfer-fee signing of my managerial career...

Previous Clubs
    Ards: 5th in Premiership, Cup runner-up
    Ballyclare: 1st in Championship & promoted
    Cliftonville: 1st in Premiership
    Derry City: 5th in Premier Division, Cup runner-up

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NormandyWept For This Useful Post: