Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Alphabet Game #3 - April 2017 Data Update

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegster View Post
    Took me half a year to get an A job (or strictly speaking an job, not sure if that would have counted), but that was at storp, a newly promoted swedish 2nd division club with no players or staff and not even a field to play on, so I don't really mind starting over.
    What happens when you have no field?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    What happens when you have no field?
    They probably had one, it was just given as "unknown".

vCash
    It's not even Christmas...

Guess i'm on the lookout!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Coys For This Useful Post:

vCash
    "A" is done

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to colml For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Couldn't get into Rogue One so a bit of Kerrang and a go at the new Alphabet Game is in order

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

AJ

vCash
    Nice work Coys, first one on the board and closely followed by colml.

The Alphabet Game has officially lifted off!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

AJ

vCash
    Ok, so I have NEVER played with tapani patch or any patches at all before and I have never joined anything like this before on the forum. But now I've downloaded the saturn patch and have managed to get it to work so I will join you guys for this alphabet game! Don't be too hard on me and good luck to you all
    Last edited by ThePsi; 23-04-17 at 12:08 PM.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePsi For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Congrats on getting A done! I'm not having such luck in the cup, we went out in the group stage. We had the same amount of points as Linfield though, and the game crashed after we beat Linfield in the 1st cup game and we only managed a draw in the re-play, but of course it's far from certain that we'd gotten points from the three last games had we gotten to play them the first time.

In the league we're 3rd after 11 games, 10 points behind Warrenpoint and 6 behind Ballinamallard (what kind of name is that? Ball in a mallard? Sounds like animal abuse to me) who have played two and one games more than us respectively. Not expecting to win anything this season but I hope to either win or not get promoted.

The team is a collection of old boys with some normal-age footballers every here and there, so I have to change players every game because they're tired. Hopefully some of the youths that arrive in January will go in and strengthen the team as starters, at least that's the plan. I hired a bunch of scouts to find freebies to sign, and following the club's old boys-theme the youngest of them is 57, one is in his sixties and the rest are above 70.

I'm doing without the wibbly wobbly tactic stuff and plan on using this offensive 4-4-2 formation which is a current favourite of mine for this save:

It's not a super tactic by any means but it's good enough to win the top leagues and continental cups if you have a top team team and aren't unlucky.

Anyways, I guess I'll be staying at Ards for a while (don't see the point in trying to apply for other jobs either, I can probably only get jobs that are far worse), but hopefully not more than a few seasons.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pegster For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegster View Post
    Congrats on getting A done! I'm not having such luck in the cup, we went out in the group stage. We had the same amount of points as Linfield though, and the game crashed after we beat Linfield in the 1st cup game and we only managed a draw in the re-play, but of course it's far from certain that we'd gotten points from the three last games had we gotten to play them the first time.

In the league we're 3rd after 11 games, 10 points behind Warrenpoint and 6 behind Ballinamallard (what kind of name is that? Ball in a mallard? Sounds like animal abuse to me) who have played two and one games more than us respectively. Not expecting to win anything this season but I hope to either win or not get promoted.

The team is a collection of old boys with some normal-age footballers every here and there, so I have to change players every game because they're tired. Hopefully some of the youths that arrive in January will go in and strengthen the team as starters, at least that's the plan. I hired a bunch of scouts to find freebies to sign, and following the club's old boys-theme the youngest of them is 57, one is in his sixties and the rest are above 70.

I'm doing without the wibbly wobbly tactic stuff and plan on using this offensive 4-4-2 formation which is a current favourite of mine for this save:

It's not a super tactic by any means but it's good enough to win the top leagues and continental cups if you have a top team team and aren't unlucky.

Anyways, I guess I'll be staying at Ards for a while (don't see the point in trying to apply for other jobs either, I can probably only get jobs that are far worse), but hopefully not more than a few seasons.
    Unlucky with the cup! I got through to quarter final with 7 points. Also had a draw with Linfield. However I am using a wib/wob tactic, but I thinks it's really cool that you don't.
    Have you managed to get any players to your team or have you taken them in on loan? I've just managed with 2 free transfers (but really good ones though, one northern irish guy with 12 caps), but getting some promising youngsters in january.

Even if I would go and win the cup, I probably will stay and try to win the league as well, need to build up that rep.

I think it's really fun that everyone is starting with the same team, will be fun to follow you and see where everyone ends up.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePsi For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I've managed to get one midfielder on loan (Paul Sinott) and he's my best mc so far (not that there were many at the club in the first place), the rest of my attempts have been rebuffed by the clubs. No signings before the transfer window closed, but there's a few youngsters coming in January and if I'm lucky I might find a few experienced free players too.
    I'm used to playing the unpatched original version of the game with transfers being available almost all season, so the transfer windows are unfamiliar to me and I guess I forgot that they were coming when I started. I'll get used to them soon enough, though.

AJ is offline Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Vipers Striker Extraordinaire
    vCash
    Won the title in the second year, but no club in the world wants me. So, I'm stuck in old Ard. And hardly any decent signings. Pffff.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

VIP
    vCash
    I loan in three players, good ones. First match they play, FUCKING ALL THREE INJURED.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I am sticking with my original save after starting at Edinburgh and Resigning I got a job with Harrogate town. Romping the league so far. A few "A" jobs have popped up and I have applied so fingers crossed. But if no luck I'll still continue trying (As long as that is ok with the boss - invested a few hours into this already)

23. The Following User Says Thank You to EL-TOPPO For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I tried with Sinnot as well but he did not want to go to me, but Cherry has been doing great on the midfield for me. Had the same problem with the free transfers since I always played the odb.

That's really unlucky AJ, hope it was not too severe though? I loaned one player, he injured himself in the first training match, then got back and injured again in his first league game and one week later he signs for a new club and leaves me. Fantastic!

VIP
    vCash
    Two of em loaned in three months, injured for two months.... It's bloody awful this. Still in second place in the league tho.

vCash
    Somehow managed to get Linfield in the quarter finals too, and unfortunately lost. Started good with taking the lead after 5 minutes, they equalized after 25 to 1-1 on a penalty and in the 73rd minute they got a free kick and nailed it as well. Their keeper (Roy Carroll) also got man of the match. Too bad! But going for the league win and promotion now.

vCash
    Finally got my first job with "A" - Arsenal Tula - Russia Div 2

7 points away from 1st place, 27 games played, 7 games to go.. Not impossible to win the league

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EL-TOPPO View Post
    Finally got my first job with "A" - Arsenal Tula - Russia Div 2

7 points away from 1st place, 27 games played, 7 games to go.. Not impossible to win the league
    You miss the change to the start? We all have to start with Ards

Half way through season one, 4/4 in the League cup and then get knocked out by the only non-league side in the draw, Bangor. Going well in the league and signed a quite ridiculous free Spaniard/Basque DMC who I can only assume is Xabi Alonso's regen

VIP
    vCash
    Did another season of Dad's Army, took Ard to the second place in the Premier Division straight after promotion. Crashed in the quarter finals of both cups. Season 4 started nicely with three wins and I even got to sign a player. For actual money!
    He played 1 game and then.... I got offered a job in Argentina! I now manage Brown Androque. Decent side, better players who are not 41 and we're off to a flying start. Life is looking better again

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Draw for the 5th round in the Irish cup, got Linfield again! A big rivalry this...

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePsi For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Grandads Barmy Army!!!!

Rolled out the zimmer frames for this lot. They are using them to barricade our goal line.. 8 games in league, 8 wins. Did suffer a last min loss to Glentoran though in the northern irish league cup.

As for the injuries, I think we need cotton wool or bubble wrap. Seems to be an injury or 2 per game grrrrr

vCash
    As well as the Last min loss to Glentoran we have also conceded a last minute equaliser against Linfield which cost us 2nd place and knocked us out of the cup. Looks like I'll have to concentrate on winning the league now

vCash

Great crowd tonight!

36. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePsi For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Only 3 have pulled off a win with Ards so far then?

Hoping to start this myself today on my lunch!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Make that 4

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePsi For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast