Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: The Alphabet Game #3 - April 2017 Data Update

vCash
    Could be a blessing in disguise losing that playoff mate, I'd have even said last year if you weren't gonna bag the title to finish 3rd but you did have that good run in then and Falkirk fell apart so you did have a chance of the title I suppose.

Pegster, as Mark said, no decent cup runs at all?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Get on with it, Pegster

I always thought the Irish leagues are good for a cup win too - Are you getting nowhere near?
    Sligo always win my league cup group, and I've been beaten by top division teams in the FA Cup as well. Since my team is based in Ulster there's no regional cup either.

vCash
    I'm back guys! First my computer stopped working and I had to send it in to rep, but I had the save backed up so no worries! Then I went on two weeks well needed vacation and I have not used internet for two weeks. So I hade 10 pages to read through and wow! So fun to see so much activity and AJ, congrats. Mighty impressive and awesome that you are doing it backwards now Respect.

So back to where I left off, I was looking for a "E" job before my computer broke and I've now managed to find one. Esbjerg in Denmark!

They had fell down to the danish first division and they did not do well either. A lot of unhappy players and only a 10th place. Could I manage to secure a win and promotion by the end of the season? It was only 11 games left so things are looking tough. On the bright side, when I looked a little closer at the squad it was a much more pleasant sight.

Somehow they had managed to get the old Bordeaux player Andr Biyogo Poko:

and they also had a promising young striker:

So things would hopefully turn around!

-----

I've now played with Esbjerg for a little time, and it's 4 games left and I'm at 3rd place, 8 points behind the 1st placed team. So I will probably not do my best the last couple of games and avoid promotion to the Superliga, since I'm only two points behind the second placed team.

But I am looking forward for next season, since my scout have been to a trip to eastern Europe and found this guy on free transfer:

He should be able to be the top goal scorer in this league next season, since he is not arriving until the 1st of July!

It feels good to be back and awesome work everybody!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePsi For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Finished my season at HASK in 5th which meant UEFA Cup qualificiation.

I have literally no funds available, whilst the club that have just won the league just spunked 7m, 4.8m and 2.5m amongst others to strengthen their side. I really don't see me catching them and so................

I make a sideways move.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash

Z,Y,X done in my trip back to A. Banzai!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    CM Gods taking the piss with that Dundee offer.

I did my best by asking The Jags to take pity on you and give you an easy passage in the League Cup.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    CM Gods taking the piss with that Dundee offer.

I did my best by asking The Jags to take pity on you and give you an easy passage in the League Cup.
    What were the chances of that? Rare that you get offered a job without applying for it but for it to be the next letter in this challenge
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Still hunting an E, skipped another adventure in Spanish Div 2B... considering a move to boost my rep, Doncaster are ticking along in L1 but the board spent all the money I built up on expanding the stadium!! Really needed the extra 2k seats in a 15k stadium when our average is around 8k.

Had this though, made me chuckle

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gilbotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilbotron View Post
    Still hunting an E, skipped another adventure in Spanish Div 2B... considering a move to boost my rep, Doncaster are ticking along in L1 but the board spent all the money I built up on expanding the stadium!! Really needed the extra 2k seats in a 15k stadium when our average is around 8k.

Had this though, made me chuckle
    Still at the Brest...

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Season 6 - C

It came to my attention that 35 of my players had only 12 months left on their contracts. Those I felt I didn't need were put on the list along with those who wouldn't discuss new terms. May as well try and cash in on them! The rest were committed to long-term deals whilst 1 player retired and 9 were moved on for 377,000 combined. 350K of that went on hiring a proven new scout after a much older chap retired!

Meanwhile, not only were Dundee after a new manager but so too were Dumbarton! Ah well, time to concentrate on the matter at hand but not before customary pre-season friendly wins against Berwick (4:2) and Ards (6:1).

As ever, I hoped to bring a quick end to the season at Cowdenbeath by winning one of the three Scottish vup trophies. Facing League Two Stranraer should have been an easy enough tie in the 1st Round of the League but but we lost an early lead to concede in the last minute of both halves to go straight out of the competition! Elgin City were also from the same league but there was no shock on the cards this time around in the Challenge Cup as we won 4:2. We then took on Motherwell in the next round who'll be one of our promotion contenders and lost 4:2 despite initially coming back from 2:0 down to level.

Thankfully, our league campaign started well as we opened with a 4 game unbeaten run before Dunfermline put that to an end, only after our goalkeeper had been sent off after 25 minutes. But Livingston beat us after that and we then lost a 3:0 lead to lose 4:3 to Motherwell! The next 18 games was a real rollercoaster ride for the supporters though as we went on to win 11 of them and drew 4, scoring 49 goals in the process! Trouble is, we also conceded 30 as we carried on recent habits of a leaky defence. Still, we'd fought our way to the top and had a healthy 7 point lead over Motherwell by the time the transfer window opened.

The window itself was quiet for us as nobody moved on but I did add a defensive midfielder to the squad and organised a left-back to join at the end of the season. This was also the time where we were entered into the 4th Round of the Scottish Cup against top tier Inverness CT. Victory was ours as we won 2:0 despite playing with 10 men for half an hour! We then visited Partick Thistle for the 5th Round but produced our worst performance of the season in losing 3:0.

I was also surprised to be offered a job out of the blue for a third time in this Alphabet Game, what a difference in budget this would be in comparison to Cowdenbeath, Berwick and Ards!

Back to the league, we found ourselves in a similar position to last year in that it was all we had left to play for. All we had to do was to keep our form up this time instead of tailing off as we had done 12 months ago. We did lose one match to Partick (again!) but that was our last defeat of the season as we secured a playoff place with 5 games left and then the title in the next match! At last, I could start looking for D jobs! I did see the season out first though while my search began although we lost our last two games.

I pledged to keep working at Cowdenbeath, treating business as usual whilst on the lookout for new jobs. The first one I applied for was at Dresden but I didn't get it and no other jobs came up before we moved into season 7! It was all set to be a tough year because the stadium had to be redeveloped to allow entry into the top flight which cost us 4.5M, leaving me 3.4M in debt!

Typically though, I was offered the Rangers job!

The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Well done Mark, 350k is a lot for a scout at Cowdenbeath, couldn't you pick one up on a free

You should have took that Rangers job and built your rep then jumped to a "D" club.

vCash
    Never take the Rangers job. Never.

Congrats on that title, now move onto D

Gilbotron. Have you managed to "double tapanify" your database. You shouldn't get players that young
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    Won the First Division and the FA Cup with Wolves, currently at Villarreal. Wonder if I'm back at A before anyone else hits Z... Do you people all haves other hobbies??

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Well done Mark, 350k is a lot for a scout at Cowdenbeath, couldn't you pick one up on a free

You should have took that Rangers job and built your rep then jumped to a "D" club.
    He was a bloody good scout for a club of Cowdenbeath's size though, 17 in both judging traits

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    Never take the Rangers job. Never.

Congrats on that title, now move onto D

Gilbotron. Have you managed to "double tapanify" your database. You shouldn't get players that young
    I won't jump to other letters out of principle anyway
    The Alphabet Game #3

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    Won the First Division and the FA Cup with Wolves, currently at Villarreal. Wonder if I'm back at A before anyone else hits Z... Do you people all haves other hobbies??
    Hobbies or Lives?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Hobbies or Lives?
    what is A Live, precious?

vCash
    I've had a bit of a mare. I've been messing with getting a second database working and properly broke my ABC save and its backup, looks like I'll be sticking at L

vCash

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    At least we are using the right version

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trunky View Post
    At least we are using the right version
    this troubles me. I'm going to have to look into this.

vCash
    for good measure:

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Short update from Esbjerg, I am in the lead of the first division now when the winter break started. My striker got an injury one of the last matches and will be away for 3 months. Lucky for me, the winter break is on for 4 months in Denmark...Crazy..

33. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePsi For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    G Done

Finally got a G job in the french national with Gazelec Ajaccio. I then took the swansea job until a H job came along. At Hartlepool currently in the national league.

Start them young in france!

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trainor83 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Help me out here. I have the April update downloaded and installed. I figured, as Mark stated in post #1, the Saturn patch came automatically installed. But since I am a computer dummie, I am now unsure.
    Can't open DTL save games with a million errors popping up. What gives?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trainor83 View Post
    G Done

Finally got a G job in the french national with Gazelec Ajaccio. I then took the swansea job until a H job came along. At Hartlepool currently in the national league.

Start them young in france!
    That should not be happening, had the same problem. You should not get so young players. A simple restart will solve the problem though, but it may occur again.