Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast

Thread: The Alphabet Game #3 - April 2017 Data Update

vCash
    Good to see you're not giving up despite the setbacks! Go go go go go!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pegster For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Didn't realise you had crashed, trunky Bad luck.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    L it is and I find myself going to the US of A. Probably for the first time in my CM01/02 career let alone Alphabet game career.

They were already top when I took over but after just 5 games.
    I just had to keep the wins coming. By the end of the season, morale was so high we were winning even when we were playing badly. (See the league final as an example.)

[/url]

But, a double it was to be and on to looking for M.
    Last edited by ebfatz; 06-07-17 at 04:05 PM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Good work ebz, that puts you ahead of colml and into 2nd now.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

vCash
    Season 9 - D

I can honestly say that the next 12 months at Dundalk was a real rollercoaster ride and not an enjoyable one either!

Promotion via 2nd place back into the top flight had seen me add just 4 players to the squad with many transfer listed but not attracting interest. 6 did leave though for a total of 179,000. With so many listed players, I didn't have great faith in the season ahead and hoped that we'd be able to win one of the three trophies on offer instead.

Unfortunately, we crashed out of both the Leinster Senior Cup and FAI Cup at the first time of asking! We did make it out of the group stages for the League of Ireland Cup but then lost to Shamrock Rovers in the Quarter Final.

The league campaign did start off well, winning the first two before drawing 3 in row. Then came spells of inconsistency as we dropped to 6th at one point. But we had a habit of outscoring our opponents and ended up with a massive 82 goals scored in the 36 league games! I had question marks over our goalkeeper and defenders though as we kept getting men sent off in key games. Fortunately, we did keep in touch with the various league leaders throughout the season - Shamrock Rovers, Cork City, Longford, Shelbourne and St. Pat's.

A 9 match unbeaten run from February finally took us to the top of the table though where we needed just 4 points in our last 3 games to win the title. We drew to begin with but a shock 3:0 defeat left things incredibly tight in our last game of the season. Shamrock Rovers had drawn level with us but our goal difference kept us ahead. Facing Limerick who finished 2nd bottom, we simply needed a win to ensure the title came to Dundalk. Instead, we fell behind as Shamrock Rovers took an early lead. It was nail biting time! It wasn't until the 75th minute when we finally equalised! But Limerick scored again in the 85th minute! I thought that was game over then but the players had other ideas. An 87th minute equaliser followed but with Shamrock Rovers winning, we were 2 points behind. Then up popped a late, late, late injury time winner!

The title was ours on goal difference!

Finally, I can move on from Dundalk after 2 years! Whether there are any 'E' jobs available though is another question.
    The Alphabet Game #3

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    A dramatic finish indeed Mark! Best of luck finding an E

vCash
    My next stop takes me back to England and to the mighty Morecambe.

Luckily for me, Morecambe are a lot better off than you might think and they find themselves in the Championship.
    2.5m in debt though.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Summer mean less playing but I'm still in this! In the few games that was left of the 2029/30-season I failed to save Geel from falling into the relegation zone and going down, but I wasn't sacked and the 2030/31 season was probably a lot more enjoyable for being in a poorer division where we were among the best teams.

The 3rd tier of Belgian football is a bit curiously set up: There's two groups, A and B, and the group winners are promoted. In addition, the 30 game long season is split into three periods of ten games, and the team with the most points in each period qualifies for promotion play-off, unless the best team in a period is already qualified. If that happens, the best placed teams in the overall table takes the play-off spots.
    We failed to win the league, and failed to win any of the ten game periods, but since Lyra who won the league also won one of the periods we got a play-off spot from finishing 2nd in the league.

The play-off quarter final went easy as cake, but we lost in the semi final and will have another chance at winning the 1st Amateur Division next season.

The squad was pretty good whn I took over, and some signings in the summer and in January improved it even more, but it still needs a little work. One thing I need is a right back, and one of my scouts found a good candidate for a defence-strengthener on the last day of the January transfer window. Since doing a transfer in one day simply doesn't happen in CM he's not arriving until the summer, though.

What I don't need is a prolific goal scorer. I think this is a pretty decent return, considering that he's playing in a non-wibwobbed 4-4-2. He's not one of my signings, so I'd like to thank the former manager who signed him. He's also my captain.

All in all I'm quite enjoying my stay in Belgium, and I won't really be sorry if I have to stay longer than the next season (though of course I hope I won't have to).

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pegster For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Barely dragged Lokomotiv to their first league title in 28 years:
    Spoiler!

No "M" jobs available at the moment so I'll hang around.
    Edit: After a couple of months of waiting, I've been appointed as the Malaga manager, who are clear of the relegation zone on goal difference after 16 games.
    Last edited by colml; 09-07-17 at 05:30 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to colml For This Useful Post:

vCash
    It's all well and good winning the league with Ballykissangel but no C jobs appeared on the horizon, over the horizon, the other side of the world or at the event horizon. So I kept on winning the league. 3 leagues in fact. This is the first of them.

It obviously meant that I got a few champions league qualifier matches, even winning one! The fans were so happy. Best manager ever. Of course I then moved on, to try and raise my profile, Fortuna Dusseldorf being the club of choice. The only offer if I'm honest. After a tough season I got them promoted back to the Bundesliga. Yay. Go me. Any C jobs? Of course not. So a season to re-build for the big league. New players brought in and then...

It's grim up North. Fighting relegation.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    A Cup won and top by 1 point at the moment. Will see the season through, 4 games left, and then hunt for D clubs.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The league won. The fans are very happy with me.

And we go back to Dusseldorf...

A much harder task ahead, they are mid table in the Bundesliga, near the end of the season and appear worse then when I left them!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Season finished in 6th place their highest ever placing. The fans are very happy. Also got to the cup final and this was the result...

Very happy to win this as it was a genuine struggle. Still, onwards and upwards and a search for E clubs begins...

24. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    And within a few days Exeter get relegated, sack their manager and I applied.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Went on holiday and Exeter got knocked out of every cup very early on...leaving a run at the league...

Phew!

Now for F.

Forest Green sacked their manager so I applied. They gave it to the manager they sacked half way through last season in an effort to stay up. They were relegated anyway. Losers! I have started to strengthen Exeter in the vain hope that I can try and keep them in FL1 and have applied for a couple of random but different jobs, Toronto and some team in the J league.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Another season with Exeter saw them get promoted to the Championship. I get told to ignore the fans that are calling for me to sacked by the chairman. I sit open mouthed for a few seconds. Weird. Still looking for an F job when my old friends come a knocking...

Forest Green.

I seriously had a bit of a think about the job seeing as they ignored me last season and now they are relegated again...

30. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Well, that was easy!

One season and promotion...

And a bonus trophy...

Now looking for G clubs. The two countries where I am best known, England and Germany, appear to have a lack of G clubs...

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Back on this after a while unable to play.

Accidentally got Morecambe promoted from the Championship through the playoffs.
    So we are now in the Premier League and the chances of winning the league have dropped dramatically.

Have to hope for a cup win.

EDIT: The ground had to be improved to allow entry to the Premier League and has left me 5m in debt. Splendid!

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Haha ebz.
    'We're going into administration but by God the place looks well!'

vCash

Serves you right for winning the playoffs

vCash
    G!

Never heard of them but they do have 7 players! Time to loan a few I think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkifino View Post
    Haha ebz.
    'We're going into administration but by God the place looks well!'
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post

Serves you right for winning the playoffs
    I tried my best to lose. Ended 3-3 in the final and went up after winning the penalty shootout!

vCash
    Ganshoren proved to be fun, managed to loan in loads of players, some quite good which meant I could walk the league...

And the league final...

Was fun.

Now at Chesterfield, trying to get them promoted, whilst I wait for an H job.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hoogstraten, back in the amateur Belgium league, have offered me a job. Of course I told them to sod off.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    2nd full season with Geel wasn't as fun as the first one, as the team considered drawing and losing as many close games as possible to be of the highest importance. Despite that, we were among the top teams all the way, and qualified for the promotion play-offs by winning the first period. When the last game of the season came, we were 2nd as one of three teams with 52 points, while our opponents were 3rd. Namur in 4th had 50 points, so any of the top four teams could win the league. We managed to beat Patro Eisden, and the league title was ours!

I think it would be enough to just win our league group as there's a C next to the team name, but to just to make it clear we also won the league final against the winners of group A.

No H jobs available at the moment, but there should be some soon in the summer. 1198th in the world isn't going to get me any top jobs, but I should be able to get one at a decent level at least.

44. The Following User Says Thank You to Pegster For This Useful Post: