Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: The Alphabet Game #3 - April 2017 Data Update

vCash
    Hoogstraten, oh little Hoogstraten. Won the league, won the final...I am their greatest manager. Pity I have to leave...

League.

Final.

Now to find an I club...ooh look, end of season alert!

What lovely people...

Back to the club where I started my real life career...it looks good but they have just been relegated to FL2 and have nothing to offer in the way of finances...
    Last edited by trunky; 17-07-17 at 08:15 PM.

vCash
    Finally have an E! A couple of seasons in Turkey with Antalyaspor and I ended up at East Fife...

Surely that counts as E and F together??

vCash
    My wish of a great cup run came true.

Mostly helped by this guy in the first half of the season.

Signed on a Bosman free. He now has 300 goals in his career.

The second half of the season was helped by signing Cristiano Ronaldo's regen for the second time in this career after I had him at Heracles.

That all equalled a League Cup win. I'm hoping to be out of here soon but if not we are in the FA Semis as well.

I am now the 67th best manager in the world!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    111 for me.

vCash
    I waited ages for Ipswich to show up in mine and they just refused to.
    You've done well to get them.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    I waited ages for Ipswich to show up in mine and they just refused to.
    You've done well to get them.
    Pure luck. I ran a week after winning the league and then remembered to check the list!

vCash
    I might have to stay at Geel for a while, I'm being turned down by the likes of Hereford and Dutch side Helmond Sports...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pegster For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Ipswich sow up the league with a few games to go. Their best players are staying put for another season so I might stick them out, see if I can get them into the Championship, especially as my rating has dropped to 242 in the world. Man City look like they might sack their manager so I'll go for that if I can to boost my rating again. Or a J club obviously.

vCash
    Season 10 - E

Just over 2 months after securing the top flight title for Dundalk, I was finally offered a job at the third attempt of trying. All 3 had been in Turkey and the team that finally did so was Erzumspor. My joy soon turned to despair though when I realised that there were a recently promoted non-league side and had just 4 players on the books. It was exactly the sort of situation I didn't want to find myself in, patching together a makeshift team and just about competing. I was also painfully aware of a rule in Turkey where I wouldn't be allowed to field any foreign players in the matchday squad. Knowing that 'E' jobs were going to be coming around very often, I had a tough choice to make. Do I do the best I can in Turkey or carry on with Dundalk in Ireland where I'd be competing in Europe which would surely improve my reputation for the more attractive 'E' jobs. There was no time limit on this challenge so I opted to stay right where I was.

Pre-season preparations went well as 5 players came in to fill out the squad with 3 leaving, one being sold for 14K. Off the pitch, I improved the quality of my backroom staff as 14 new faces came in as replacements. On the pitch, we beat Berwick 2:0 and Ards 6:0 to set us up nicely to play Shakhtyor in the Champions League qualifiers. At home, it looked as though we'd win the first leg 1:0 when they equalised in injury time. Away, we failed to make the most of 14 chances compared to just 5 for them in Belarus to lose 2:1 on aggregate. Not quite the gamble being paid off as I had hoped in staying at Dundalk! In fact, the season didn't start well at all. We found ourselves as low as 7th after 10 games of the season where we recorded only 4 wins and had been knocked out in the initial group stages of the League of Ireland Cup.

All the while, I kept an eye out for 'E' jobs coming up but none came up until October when I applied for the Elfsborg job in Sweden. I didn't expect to get it and indeed, missed out. Other opportunities then passed by after trying and failing to land jobs at Emmen, Eskisehirspor and Eibar.

I certainly started to feel frustrated but thankfully things started to click on the pitch once more as we lost just once in the next 10 league games to climb up to 5th and reached the final of the Leinster Senior Cup where we took on Longford. Having been runners-up in the League of Ireland Cup before, I finally got my first cup trophy with a 1:0 win!

Back to the league, we ended the season with just 1 defeat in the last 13 games as we continued the upturn of form since the halfway point in the season. The final game of the season saw us win 1:0 which wrapped up the defence of our title with exactly the same amount of points earned last year!

My work hadn't gone unnoticed as you can see from this job offer from Birmingham. It does show that I'm getting a good reputation but obviously still waiting for the next step to an 'E' team!

The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Just took on this challenge and I'm proud to say that ''A'' is done! Was really a struggle as I went through number of tactics until I stuck with a variation of Urban Legend.tct

Could not have done this without my man Liggett, that man is on fire. Special mention to the sewer rat reviving his career with Ards.

Well off to ''B''
    Last edited by einsi87; 19-07-17 at 08:31 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to einsi87 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Welcome aboard!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Pegster For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Got some great players in for Ipswich, a couple of good loanees and then this happened...

They have no players! Hardly any cash. And only 3 weeks before the start of the season!!

I'd be mad to accept.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    So you're going to accept aren''t you?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    So you're going to accept aren''t you?
    Of course! It's a J.

They have given me 240k...more than Ipswich! Loads of loanees and a few purchases will sort them out.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Long time since i last played and updated, but finally found a new club to save and take forward. Step forward Guijuelo (Spain)

Won promotion via spanish second division B which went rather easy, but seeing as no H jobs came up I stayed one more season to do it properly.

I present you with the Spanish 2nd division Champions!

As with last season still no H job available, but I still resigned feeling I have taken them as far as I can. We struggled to keep debt under control last season. Even with 3 cash injections to keep us afloat we are still over 1m + in debt.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728