Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The Alphabet Game #3 - April 2017 Data Update

AJ is offline Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash

Done and dusted. Got hired by Croatia Grabovnika. More lower league than I can handle. Let's see if we can get out of this hellhole and land a decent D job.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nice one, AJ. Leading the way once more!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Had to start again, think I was using the wrong patch as getting a crash in June. No harm really as I went 7 months unemployed

5. The Following User Says Thank You to colml For This Useful Post:

AJ

vCash
    Hope it doesn't happen for you again then! Did you download the Tapani patch or saturn's newest one?
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Hope it doesn't happen for you again then! Did you download the Tapani patch or saturn's newest one?
    Using Saturn's one this time, had a Tapani patch installed last time but not too sure which one. I can't seem to be able to get any decent players this time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by colml View Post
    Using Saturn's one this time, had a Tapani patch installed last time but not too sure which one. I can't seem to be able to get any decent players this time
    It was tough the first season, but for the second one (still with Ards since no one wants me) I got 20 new players through bosman.

vCash
    Time to go looking for some B's

Might lower Xabi Alonso's regen's min fee release which is 2.5m at the moment (x2 setting). An absolute dinger

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I've applied for the Benfica job

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    First season done and we ended in a not overly impressive but not too bad either 5th place. The team was crap, the players who arrived in January were very varying, one (a Romanian attacker) ended up as my best player but another ended up as one of my worst. Hopefully the 15+ players arriving in the summer will be more like the former.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pegster For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    I've applied for the Benfica job
    Instead I've landed at Barbadas in Spanish 2B with 4 players and 750k of debt

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    A bit drop from Benfica there, Derm

Looks like it'll take everyone a few years to land the top jobs, makes a change from the last one though!
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Spain 2B is a place to keep an eye on when the season updates, usually between 8-12 managerless clubs get promoted. Lots of nations like this but will get a bit lesser into the future.

You all go totally hardcore and tick Apply button on all the clubs beforehand

vCash
    Knocked out in the group stage of the League Cup this time around

vCash
    A Done. An ARD task considering the grandads we had at our disposal. But achieved nonetheless.

Stayed in N.Ireland for "B" with Ballymena who sacked their manager just after I had received news of our title win. Squad is a bit better than with Ards, But still a fair task ahead. Squad could do with a couple of additions, but the lack of funds again are a hindrance. Loan market it is then.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Topofthekop For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Couldn't resist. Ards away!

vCash
    That wasn't so Ard!

League is looking alright too..

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JLa For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Bloody hell, good work, JLa!
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    So close...Kyle Cherry got injured before the final, he would have won it for me

Last edited by Gilbotron; 27-04-17 at 11:49 AM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Gilbotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilbotron View Post
    So close...Kyle Cherry got injured before the final, he would have won it for me

So unfortunate! Yes Cherry would have sealed the deal. An Ards legend already! Won fans player of the year for me the first year and the only one who was in the club when I came in who has a spot in the starting 11. Great player!

vCash
    Like some of you, I had the chance to tick 'A' off after just five months in the role, having reached the League Cup Final knocking out Bangor and Glenavon along the way. Carrick Rangers were our opponents and we fell behind twice before then losing a substitute in the 76th minute that left me with 10 men. Surprisingly, we equalised a couple of minutes later and looked to be heading to extra time when Carrick Rangers popped up with a 90th minute winner. Gutting!

I had hoped to make amends by winning the Irish Cup instead but it was not to be, losing 2:1 to Bangor in the 6th Round.

That meant the focus was on the league itself which is a big ask with the ageing squad. I was surprised to see us cope reasonably well though and work our way up to 2nd to compete with Warrenpoint after a slow start to the season. Warrenpoint though kept moving out of our reach despite our best efforts but we did secure a playoff place with four games to go, being 5 points behind the leaders. Annoyingly, Warrenpoint often had a game in hand and just as we closed the gap on them, they'd open it up each time with that game in hand. It came to a head at this point though as they lost and we won to close the gap to two points and guess who we played next? That's right, Warrenpoint who we'd already played 3 times and had yet to lose! The result was a sweet 6:2 victory!

A crucial win and we'd moved in front by a point. The final match was against 6th placed Knockbreda where another win was all that we needed to secure the title. A draw could do it, of course, but I wanted there to be no doubt. Warrenpoint were away at Armagh who had been a tough team for me to beat. But we did as I requested and won the title with a 5:0 win! We certainly did win the title in style having scored 23 goals in 5 games!

There were indeed some ageing players in the squad and I sold three players (David McCullough for 12K, Ian Lester for 3K and David McMaster for 100K) to try and clear the debt, signing only 3 of my own (youth players Keith Beirne and Christian Scales and a Finnish striker called Albert Kuqi). Robbie Knox gets my player of the season award, scoring 17 goals up front for me but special mentions to his partner Gary Liggett whilst Ryan Henderson, Ian McGrath and Kyle Cherry got into double figures from midfield too.

At the time of winning the title, I'm only third in rankings in Northern Ireland and a massive 6137th in the world rankings!

Job wise, I can't see any 'B' jobs available at the moment so I'll continue trying to build my reputation at Ards!
    The Alphabet Game #3

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    21.06.2017 there will be loads of jobs available

vCash
    Nice work Mark. lets hope that Barcelona are looking for a change
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    Great work guys, doesn't look like too much of an Ard start after all

AJ is offline Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Won second division championship with Croatia, but can't bloody find a D job. Nobody wants me .... Been 10 months now.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Just applied to a job at Besiktas! Crossing my fingers!

37. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePsi For This Useful Post:

AJ

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast