Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: The Alphabet Game #3 - April 2017 Data Update

vCash
    Hey all, having fun on this challenge being absolutely terrible. Aced the League Cup in my first season at Ards like many then moved to Segunda Division B side Badajoz and couldn't manage higher than 8th in two seasons and then resigned. My question to all of you - how are you getting these job offers in other countries? I've set my nationality to English/Spanish - are you changing this in game using the editor? Also, have any of you tweaked your reputation? Maybe I'm just massively shit at this game.

vCash
    To put it simply to both trunks and Normandy.........................

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars56 View Post
    how are you getting these job offers in other countries?
    I think that the latest patches fix the issue in the base game with not being able to get jobs abroad. However, your reputation does need to be built up for clubs to consider you. As you'll see if you look back, early on I largely got jobs in Northern Ireland where I had a reputation, then gradually further afield. Only now my reputation is built up with multiple trophy wins can I basically walk into any job on the planet. Just keep plugging away!

vCash

Nice try guys, but you're getting a bit ahead of yourselves, I need to win something with Queen of the South first!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NormandyWept For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Hey all, having fun on this challenge being absolutely terrible. Aced the League Cup in my first season at Ards like many then moved to Segunda Division B side Badajoz and couldn't manage higher than 8th in two seasons and then resigned. My question to all of you - how are you getting these job offers in other countries? I've set my nationality to English/Spanish - are you changing this in game using the editor? Also, have any of you tweaked your reputation? Maybe I'm just massively shit at this game.
    I have changed nothing mate. Just stayed around in Ireland for a bit, then went around the world. The trick is, if you don't get the next letter job , then take one to boost your rep. I did this with Bayern when I was in Germany and won the league. Anyhoo...

3 fecking seasons at Queen's Park! Still, I got them into the Premier League or whatever it's called in Scotland. Nice to take over my local club, let's see where I can take them.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    After 3 odd seasons waiting for an R I managed to take over when they were 6th. Half a season later...

Will see the season out as we have a chance of the Trophy Final, the manager's 3rd favourite of all the cup competitions. Probably.

Now for an S.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Yep, make sure you do use the saturn patch as this makes it easier to get jobs abroad. You do need to be patient though for the first few letters until your reps improve.

Don't forget to put up screenshots of your successes so I can add you to the leaderboard
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    That didn't take long, 1 month or so, for SC Freiburg to get upset at finishing 6th in 2B and sack their manager.

17 million to spend as well...luxury!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    I rebuilt Queen of the South, even selling two players to Celtic in January to fund further reinforcements, but one of those sold players scored the winner against us in the League Cup Final and once Celtic then beat us in the final Premiership game to condemn us to second place when any other result at Celtic Park would have won us the title, we were only one super-keeper away from ending the season without a trophy. Guess what Aberdeen's Steve Nash duly served up in the Scottish Cup Final? How disappointingly predictable.

I've already agreed to sell my second-choice left midfielder to Celtic for £1m to fund another round of transfers. (In real life I imagine this would be very unpopular with the League Cup Final debacle seemingly having disproven this strategy, despite the funded replacements having allowed us to close the gap on them in the league and reach both Cup Finals in the first place.) I think we'll be able to compete on all fronts again next year and hopefully go one further; let's see.

Previous clubs:
    Ards: 3rd in Championship
    Ballyclare: 5th in Premiership, League Cup runner-up
    Cliftonville: remains in non-league
    Derry City: 2nd in First Division, won promotion play-off
    Esbjerg: 8th in Superliga
    Falkirk: 4th in League 1
    Gamba: remains in non-league
    Huddersfield: 3rd in Premier League
    Independiente: 5th in Primera Division opening stage/10th in closing stage, Copa Argentina winner
    Jämshög: 8th in Division 1 S.G.
    Kayserispor: 13th in Super Lig
    Leganés: 4th in La Liga, Copa del Rey runner-up
    Man Utd: 2nd in Premier League, EFL Cup runner-up
    NEC: 6th in Eredivisie
    Osasuna: 3rd in La Liga
    Panegialios: 7th in Superleague
    Last edited by NormandyWept; 29-08-17 at 11:44 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to NormandyWept For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Damn Celtic (and Aberdeen)!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    We again lost the Scottish Cup Final, but it didn't matter as we had already posted the best season in Queen of the South's history - finally overcoming the monster that is Celtic in an enthralling title race. In the end we picked up the league with two games to spare and with Celtic also then losing to Rangers, it ended up looking very comfortable:

Earlier we had also achieved probably the best Scottish result in Europe since 1967 when we knocked Juventus out of the Champions League in our final qualifying game. (The Italians bounced back impressively by going all the way through the Europa League and eventually winning it.) Unfortunately we couldn't reproduce the form in the group stage and my hopes of dropping into the Europa League were quashed when a home defeat to Legia Warsaw meant we didn't build on a superb draw with Manchester United which have given us hope of not finishing 4th of 4.

Still, Q is done. I've rejected Rotherham three times in the last four years but would obviously take on the Championship club right now, or any other such club. 'R' chairmen, you know my number...

Previous clubs:
    Ards: 2nd in Championship, lost promotion play-off
    Ballyclare: 3rd in Premiership, League Cup runner-up
    Cliftonville: 8th in Championship, Irish Cup runner-up
    Derry City: 7th in Premier Division
    Esbjerg: 10th in Superliga
    Falkirk: 10th in League 1, relegated
    Gamba: remains in non-league
    Huddersfield: 10th in Premier League
    Independiente: 6th in Primera Division opening stage/4th in closing stage
    Jämshög: 5th in Division 1 S.G.
    Kayserispor: 8th in Super Lig
    Leganés: 3rd in La Liga, Champions League winner
    Man Utd: 1st in Premier League, FA Cup winner, EFL Cup winner
    NEC: 6th in Eredivisie, KNVB Bekker winner
    Osasuna: 9th in La Liga
    Panegialios: 13th in Superleague

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NormandyWept For This Useful Post:

vCash
    With a couple of additions the mightly SC Frieburg fight of the challenge from Worms, and clinch the title with games to spare. 6 points behind at the turn of the year and looking down and out, we then caught Worms up mainly due to their stars being nabbed by the bigger boys in the transfer window.

Now for a T...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    After spending a lovely pre season searching for players, preparing SCF for the top German division, I applied for only 1 T job. Toronto.

Nice. 2nd in their league, games to catch up if possible and a not bad team. 3m to spend is a bonus as well as they don't have any DMC's.

They do have this bloke though...do I bow or curtsy?

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Well, that was fun. All over in a few months, I love the different time zones in leagues.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Left Toronto and took over at Juventus too boost my standings whilst a U job came up. Got them to 3rd in the league and have started the new season in fine form. Top and unbeaten after 9 games. I then noticed that Udinese had sacked their coach due to being in 14th place...Uncle Trunky to the rescue!

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    6th in the league at the moment but the Cup is all ours!

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    That was quick. No sooner had the season finished, 4th place, than Vila Real in Portugal sacked their manager. Yippee I thought, first time in the Portuguese Prem...

Bugger!

The worst thing is that they want to fight bravely against relegation...looks like I'm going to be sacked real soon!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Still waiting on a Q.
    Annoyingly, Quarteirense have been relegated out of the Portuguese leagues with sacking their manager!
    Queen's University have been relegated to Northern Ireland's 2nd tier without sacking their manager!

Frustrating watching you guys pull away. No chance of me catching you to Z now I don't think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    Still waiting on a Q.
    Annoyingly, Quarteirense have been relegated out of the Portuguese leagues with sacking their manager!
    Queen's University have been relegated to Northern Ireland's 2nd tier without sacking their manager!

Frustrating watching you guys pull away. No chance of me catching you to Z now I don't think.
    First to Z wins a prize!

AJ didn't use Saturn so doesn't count.

vCash
    There's a few gems in this squad, loads of future stars, judging by the U21 selections...

Anyhoo...hammered out of the cup, my star player is hated by everyone, he hates me, but we still win the league with 2 games to go.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    My only hope is you get stuck on X but I don't hold out much hope.
    There's more of them around the world than I thought.

vCash
    Awesome stuff guys, fingers crossed a Q job comes up soon Eb!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    My only hope is you get stuck on X but I don't hold out much hope.
    There's more of them around the world than I thought.
    Hoping that the Worthing and West Ham managers get sacked! Both were relegated this season. Come on guys...sacky sacky...

39. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Oooh oooh!

Hold the back page!

Queens University are slightly insecure!!

41. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Come on Queens! (Well get worse and sack your manager).