Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

Thread: The Alphabet Game #3 - April 2017 Data Update

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trainor83 View Post
    [Screenshot_2017-09-15_21.04.30.png](https://postimg.org/image/isbd38hyt/)
    done I as well
    trying to find a better way than photobucket to share my screen shots any ideas?
    I use tinypic. It allows you to upload up to five images at a time if you create an account and you can post full size screen shots directly.

vCash
    Due to some major stupidity, I left myself in a difficult position to continue with the challenge, so I hope you don't mind me restarting with Ards.

I seriously underestimated the task at Barco. I did manage to bring in a couple of good players but once I ran out of transfer funds, most free agents were either too poor or out of our budget range. This didn't surprise me but I thought I would be able to abuse the loan market to provide some depth. How wrong I was. Only one joined on loan and he was useless. Most of my other loan offers were rejected by the clubs and the rest fell through because the player wasn't interested. In the end, I decided that any old rubbish was better than greyed out players and scraped together a squad of 20 or so for the start of the season. Although we convincingly won our first two games, this proved to be a false dawn, as we picked up just four points from our next eight. It left us near the bottom and foolishly, I resigned instead of trying to see it through.

Finnish club VPS offered me a chance to build a reputation. They had narrowly avoided relegation from the top flight and there was just one game of the season remaining. We won 2-0 and in the process, denied Ilves the title when a draw would have sealed it for them. Spending a season in Finland and trying to win the league would have been the sensible thing to do. It would have helped my reputation a lot but instead, I resigned in the hope it would help me to land the Braunschweig job. It didn't and after that, virtually no club side offered me a job. I had a chance to take a B job in Sweden but they had no players and I didn't want to experience the same as when I was at Barco. Even a successful spell in charge of Canada didn't help matters and I lost motivation in the end. Hopefully this time I won't be so stupid. Still, I don't know how I got a job in the top flight of Finland but nowhere else. Lack of loyalty, perhaps?

So, back to Ards and I just wanted to finish as quickly as possible. Thankfully, we won the League Cup again without too much of a problem, although we needed penalties to beat Glentoran in the quarter-finals.

My Ards tenure lasted just one more game after the final. I would have liked to have gone the entire season unbeaten, probably for the first time ever, but an ideal job opportunity presented itself.

Coleraine had sacked their manager, causing John Coughlin to move on and create this vacancy. It may only be Scottish League 2, but it provides a realistic chance of ticking off another letter this season.

With 20 games left, the minimum I expect is promotion but hopefully we can hit the ground running and Clyde will falter. We have 78k worth of debt to contend with and the squad looks crap, but that's hardly surprising.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CMAdventurer For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trainor83 View Post
    [Screenshot_2017-09-15_21.04.30.png](https://postimg.org/image/isbd38hyt/)
    done I as well
    trying to find a better way than photobucket to share my screen shots any ideas?
    You can right click on the image and click copy image address, that'll make it look bigger here.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Was pretty livid when I lost the second last game of the season to the eventual champions.

Made up for it a couple of weeks after by getting my revenge and stopping them doing the double.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Had to wait a while and after seeing Toulouse, Tokyo Verdy and Toronto turn me down, and seeing my rep fall to below 300, I thought I was going to have to wait for some time. But with a application made in hope more than expectation, a little side in North London are going to take a punt on me!!

As you can see from the next news item, I was looking to move on to boost rep anyway!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    This made me laugh just after taking over.

Would rather manage Leatherhead (in League One by the way) than Celtic!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Spurs had a very decent squad really.
    Not sure why my predecessor Gabriel Jesus couldn't get them going.
    I certainly did!

I imagine a long wait before a U comes around so Spurs may well be a global force by the time I leave!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Finally!

After 17 seasons, I finally have my 5th letter ticked off in this bloody game Promotion was actually secured with 3 games left but whether we would be champions actually went right down to the wire as although we won our last 3 games, so did Avedore which made for a tense finale where only an 86th minute winner in our last game made sure the title was ours!

The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Phew, finally! Well done Mark, it must have been very tense for you, but glad you got over the line after a long struggle. I wonder if Bayern have noticed your achievements.

vCash
    Devasted !

Save won't load.

No errors just the old 'cm0102.exe has stopped working' box

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    Devasted !

Save won't load.

No errors just the old 'cm0102.exe has stopped working' box

Noooooo!

happened to me twice.

vCash

2016-17: Berwick Rangers

Sorry to hear that, Eb. Must be awful for that to happen so late into the challenge.

Interesting half season to say the least! I started off with three home games against teams in the bottom half but we managed a very disappointing return of four points. Clyde won both of their fixtures in this period and had extended our lead over us to 11 points and with a game in hand. It was not looking good at this point but there was a glimmer of hope. Two or three key players left Clyde on New Year's Day, so I thought they would struggle to maintain their red hot form. They didn't just falter, they completely capitulated. They lost back to back games, while we beat Stirling away, before we faced off at our place. We battered them 3-0 and suddenly we were just five points behind with a better goal difference.

After this result, I felt we had the momentum to hunt them down and I was right. We went from strength to strength, while they were in freefall. We could have sealed the title at their place but a dreadful start saw us go down 3-1. Never mind, we effectively did so in our next match with a 2-0 win at Annan, as we were six points ahead with two to play but with a far superior goal difference. We had to wait another game to make it official, but no thanks to our own performance. Forfar left with three points for the second time this season but Clyde could only draw at Arbroath and the title was ours. Five points was the gap in the end. I thought it might end up in double figures but Clyde recovered towards the end, and they were going up alongside us.

In the Scottish Cup, we needed a replay to beat Arbroath, before we impressively beat Championship side Falkirk. Airdrieonians were our next victims and suddenly we were in the quarter-finals. By now, we were cruising in the league, so I decided to go for it, having previously rested a few players. We travelled to Kilmarnock and deservedly won 1-0. We were presented with a great opportunity to reach the final as we were drawn with Championship Morton. What a roller coaster it was! We were 2-0 and 3-2 in front but Morton battled back to 3-3. Craig Molloy was sent off for us five minutes from time but we held on for penalties. Both sides scored their first two, Splaine converted our third before Morton missed theirs. Walker could have given us match point but he failed. Could Morton capitalise? No. So it was left to Michael McKenna to send little Berwick into their first ever Scottish Cup final!

Inevitably, we faced Celtic in the final, who were seeking a domestic treble. It meant a guaranteed place in Europe for us next season, regardless of the outcome. Could we upset the odds one last time?
    Spoiler!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CMAdventurer For This Useful Post:

vCash
    And now we look for a Z team. It would appear we have won a cup of sorts...

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Home straight now Trunks!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    Home straight now Trunks!
    No free Z teams so have moved to L.A. Galaxy for a bit.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CMAdventurer View Post
    I use tinypic. It allows you to upload up to five images at a time if you create an account and you can post full size screen shots directly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    You can right click on the image and click copy image address, that'll make it look bigger here.
    Just started to catch up on this, postimg is fine, you need to use the hotlink for forums link though once you've uploaded it (and selected your size) it's what I use for DTL, my CM 00/01 updates etc

vCash
    Good work Mark, CMA and trunky, unbelievably hard luck eb!

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536