Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637

Thread: The Alphabet Game #3 - April 2017 Data Update

vCash
    Have I missed your C getting ticked, PilgrimPete? Just went to update the OP for you but no C is listed.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Well done trunky. I was avoiding Spanish lower divisions when I was playing because it did n't always list any wins but if it's there, congrats.
    2069 finishing year. I think I was on course to finish around that time before it crashed.

vCash
    I'll post my "C" screenshot when I get home later...Missus is working and the kids will have to go to bed at 6 tonight so I can have plenty of CM and beer time.

My E job is proving a bit trickier than I thought. I applied for a couple of jobs at the lower leagues in Greece and Germany (Eginiakos and Erfurt) and thought I was nailed on for them but didn't get them..I have won four league titles in my career to date (admittedly at lower English/Scottish leagues) and can't see there will be many teams lower down the leagues that will want me...

I think I should have moved around the world a bit more rather than stay in the UK.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    Well done trunky. I was avoiding Spanish lower divisions when I was playing because it did n't always list any wins but if it's there, congrats.
    2069 finishing year. I think I was on course to finish around that time before it crashed.
    I noticed that. 4 teams promoted, only 1 has winners in their history. Real Madrid, in my league, promoted but got nothing.

vCash
    I've got a C job. Unfortunately it's a national team but at least it's a potential rep booster. Canada have called on me in a late bid to qualify for the World Cup and we have it all to do.

vCash

2017-18: Berwick and Canada

My Canada reign started with an easy 3-0 victory against bottom side Trinidad & Tobago, before we travelled to Jamaica to face one of our main rivals. This was more hard-fought but a double from Cyle Larin brought us right back into contention. We earned another three points against Costa Rica, this time from behind and suddenly we were third with two to play. The catch was that our remaining fixtures were away to Mexico and the USA. The Mexico match was dire and finished goalless. Normally it would be a good result for Canada but it dropped us back below Jamaica on goal difference. We had to beat already-qualified USA and hope for a favour from elsewhere. It started so well, with us storming into a 2-0 lead inside 11 minutes. Then it all went wrong, with the hosts storming ahead before half time. A late fourth finished us and there would be no fairy tale qualification for Canada. To add insult to injury, Mexico conceded a last minute equaliser against Trinidad & Tobago, meaning that had we held on for victory, we would have qualified at their expense.

Having previously been delighted with my performance as manager (even before I'd played a match), the Canadian FA told me that they were unsatisfied. Did they really expect me to qualify from the position I inherited. I found my name on the job information screen for a while but it eventually disappeared. I don't expect to stay with Canada for too much longer.

Things were going well with Berwick. We made it to the Third Round of the Europa League, beating Albanian side Laci and Belgians Lokeren along the way. Austria Vienna were our opponents and at their place, they edged it 2-1 to leave the tie on a knife edge. Matthew Lund gave us the lead in the return leg and a 1-0 win would have taken us through on away goals. Sadly, our opponents had other idea and scored with their only shot of the game to condemn us to a heartbreaking exit. Raith Rovers ended our participation in the Challenge Cup at the semi-final stage, while our League Cup campaign fell at the first hurdle against Premiership Hamilton. In the league, we barely put a foot wrong.

I had bolstered the squad in the summer with numerous signings. Some were names I'd heard of before, including Tommy Lee, Grant Hall and Nicky Featherstone. The best performer was this guy, though.

No foreign team wanted my services, so my aim was to get to the SPL as quickly as possible. I felt confident of landing Hibs job, who were top of the Championship, but I was overlooked. I soon got a move to the SPL, though.

Unfortunately, their situation is pretty dire but at worst I'll end up in the same league as Berwick are heading for next season.

Rep in Scotland: 9th
    World rep: 2731st

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637