Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The Alphabet Game #3 - April 2017 Data Update

vCash
    Wanted to share some of my best transfers as of yet:

First season I got this defender who has been really important to me.

Didn't get so many after that since most of them wanted too much in salary, but when we got promoted for the second season I got these guys who have been playing brilliant.

My nigerian/english striker, have not let down at all:

and my best player right now

Fitting the number 10 role perfectly and dominating most of our matches.

And I must mention my talented assistant manager who the most of you probably know from before

I have actually grown quite fond of Ards, and it will be sad to leave them, but we have made a great start in the league and it would be fun to go out in Europe with them.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePsi For This Useful Post:

vCash
    My game crashes at the summer update, and neither holidaying or reinstalling helped. Will have a look at the weekend, should be fixable probably but for now I'm delayed somewhat.

vCash
    ThePsi - I've shortlisted Dudgeon, hopefully I'll snap him up soon.

Pegster - Unlucky! What set up are you using? Hopefully you've not gone wrong somewhere in setting up the saturn patch?
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegster View Post
    My game crashes at the summer update, and neither holidaying or reinstalling helped. Will have a look at the weekend, should be fixable probably but for now I'm delayed somewhat.
    Have you done the last line of the first post in the v2.21.1+ v3 thread?

vCash
    Won the NIFL Championship with Ards, and lost the cup final vs Coleraine despite being 2-1 up after 60 minutes. Eventually got a job with Bergantiños CF, who have just been promoted to the Spanish third tier. There are only 2 players in the squad though, so the first task is building a squad capable of avoiding relegation

vCash
    Had to get onboard with this and its going pretty well. so i started with Ards as the rules say and like everyone else had no money to spend to improve a team with the average age of about 40. so i managed to sign a couple of players on free's and with the formation i play managed to offload players who i didnt need, my attempt at getting the club out of debt.

So i won the league and got to the semi final of the cup where i got knocked out by Portadown.

And here are my better players.

So its on to B and there are currently no teams available..this could take a while.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tom_oufc For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Good start, Tom!

I think it'll be around the E/F mark before we start to get good enough reps to land better jobs.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

vCash
    Hurrah! Unbeaten all season apart from the league cup final, and that was on penalties...happy with the 101 goals, had an ambitious aim of 100 when I was on 90 with 2 to go (won 5-0 and 7-1)

Also won the Irish Cup

My best 4 players ended up being 'originals' - Kyle Cherry, Gary Liggett (32 in 42), Emmett Friars and Carl McComb. Got some decent freebies lined up for my replacement, so I am expecting to see Ards in the Champions League soon.

Now on to the B job hunt - is it short or long name can begin with the letter??

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gilbotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I think that the rule is that he name that appears at fixtures should be used when choosing letter.

vCash
    Whatever name appears in the league table or in club search list
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    It took a little while, playing 22 games in the top flight in Ireland but I have finally been offered a new job. I'm off to Sweden to take over Bergnasets AIK who have just one player in their squad! Fortunately, the season doesn't start for just over 3 months so I have time to put a team together quickly!

I leave Ards behind in 5th place and only 7 points off the top.
    The Alphabet Game #3

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Have you done the last line of the first post in the v2.21.1+ v3 thread?
    I missed that one, and it seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks a bunch!
    And my new Werder Bremen save on the 3.9.60 was starting to look like so much fun... It'll be when I'm done with this, I expect.

vCash
    So In a crazy turn of events I have left my role at ards and have become the manager or Ballinamallard united. The team that finished second behind me last season! Unfortunate they did not win the play off so I'll be managing in the same league again!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to tom_oufc For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Just one week in Berwick and already attracting star power!

Look at this beast I signed:

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePsi For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Seems like my time in Berwick Rangers will be short, already won the scottish second division and I am now trying to find a new club. Too bad I never got the chance to play with Akinfenwa

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePsi For This Useful Post:

AMC

AJ is offline Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Very nice, Psi! Moving on!

update on my struggles, I've been with Croatia Blablabla for 3 seasons now, with zero resources, an unhappy board and extremely crap players. Can't find any other job whatsoever. Really grinding it out here.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Does promotion from the Spanish third tier count as a title? Because none of the teams get a "C" beside their name. I checked the club's honours page and it says winners so I guess it counts.

Last edited by colml; 29-04-17 at 06:36 PM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to colml For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Berwick was a rather easy challenge, they had a lot better the team then everybody else in their division but had underachieved. I turned it around however and the gold went to us. Now I got a far heavier task a head of me. Heading down to Spain and Majorca (better than Scotland to be hones) to take over a new Division 2B-team called C.D Constáncia with £50 000 dept and only 4 players in the squad this will be a really tough challenge an at least two seasons. Might as well plan to stay for awhile, Majorca is pretty nice so think I will be comfortable..

Edit: Seems like the challenge just got a little bit harder...Can't sign any non-EU players!
    Last edited by ThePsi; 29-04-17 at 09:20 PM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePsi For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    "B" done.. Stayed in N.Ireland with Ballymena, In the end it was a simple formality. However the search for a "C" club is proving fruitless. No one accepting my applications. Rejected by Charlton and Colchester as well as some argie club and brazilian teams. Job search still ongoing whilst also aiming for the league title with Ballymena.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Topofthekop For This Useful Post:

vCash
    First season, won the title with Ards, now to find a job from a "B" team.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to welchia For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Strengthened the squad a lot in the summer, the only positions I couldn't find anyone to improve was goalkeeper and right back. I did however get a youth goalkeeper promoted who has played about half the games and done as good if not better than the first choice goalie from last seaosn. The backup-goalie's contract ran out and he left, so the promoted youth was a lucky occurrence.

The league form has been erratic to put it mildly, it appears to be completely random whether we win, lose or draw; the team selection and opponent don't seem to come into the equation. 6th place at the end of November, 15 points behind first place, but thankfully 12 points ahead of 8th place, so there's no fear of relegation at the moment at least. Hopefully that won't matter to me anyways as I am now done with A as our League Cup run was an unbeaten 7 games, the 7th game being the final.

The group stage was with the same group number and opponents as last year, so I wonder if this might be hard coded groups. We also played the #2 team from the group stage, Bangor, in the quarter final, and the teams from our group played eachother in the quarter final last year as well. Either it's a weird draw or it's pre-decided.

Here are a couple of my signings, Martín is my top scorer and best rated player, Dembélé is my captain, and Picard is a future captain if I stay here for a while. Can't have a captain-potential-looking player named Picard and not make him captain!

Spoiler!

My world reputation jumoed well over a hundred pages and I'm now among the 3500 best rated managers in the game. I don't think that means I'll get any top jobs any time soon, but at least I'm not unknown anymore.

No B jobs available at the moment, so I'll just stay here and try to close the gap up to the leading teams for now.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pegster For This Useful Post:

AJ is offline Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Well, I stayed around at Croatia Grabovnica, won the Premier Division, got to the second group fase in the CL, moved up 800 places in the manager rankings and you know what? Still, nobody's hiring me.

Stay out of Croatia, it's a trap.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Got lucky and was hired at Berwick straight away. They had already run away in the Scottish 3rd, so all I had to do was to win a few more games.

Btw, what is "cpp error 1225"? I get that a lot ... hope this doesn't crash on me!

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JLa For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLa View Post
    Got lucky and was hired at Berwick straight away. They had already run away in the Scottish 3rd, so all I had to do was to win a few more games.

Btw, what is "cpp error 1225"? I get that a lot ... hope this doesn't crash on me!
    Nothing to worry about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    Well, I stayed around at Croatia Grabovnica, won the Premier Division, got to the second group fase in the CL, moved up 800 places in the manager rankings and you know what? Still, nobody's hiring me.

Stay out of Croatia, it's a trap.
    Maybe you should just resign?

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast