Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Alphabet Game #3 - April 2017 Data Update

vCash
    Well... suddenly it said "man 1225" and then "16009" and finally it crashed.

So I'm out.

Too bad loading -all- leagues always seem to cause some kind of issue!

vCash
    Post that up in the patch thread or check that for known issues

vCash
    Still stuck at Ballymena, finding a club starting with "C" is almost impossible, when they do crop up not one wants me..

Mission impossible to get out of this hell hole.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EL-TOPPO For This Useful Post:

AJ, AMC

AJ is offline Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Vipers Striker Extraordinaire
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EL-TOPPO View Post
    Still stuck at Ballymena, finding a club starting with "C" is almost impossible, when they do crop up not one wants me..

Mission impossible to get out of this hell hole.
    I feel you, brother.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    So, my start at Constáncia have been tough but really rewarding. Almost no interest from any players that are half decent and no money to use in the transfer window made me scratch my head for a long time. But I finally managed to assemble a pretty good team getting rejected players from Espanyol and FC Bayern to join our little club on the island of Majorca. We've managed to win all of our first 4 matches, but every team that we've won are struggling in the bottom of the table so I'm not putting my hopes up too much, but we are surely aiming for promotion now. But as you can see in the table we will have some really tough matches against Albacete and a fiery derby against big brother Mallorca who has a strong team. I am playing a 4-3-3 formation, using a DMC in the middle, it's working way better than I expected and Jairo Morillas (got on bosman from Espanyol) is enjoying playing in the lower leagues, scoring 7 goals in the first 4 matches. Next game is against L'Hospitalet, also at the bottom of the table. Would be nice to get 3 points from them, and the board have injected £400.000 into the club, so now I've some money to spend!

<

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePsi For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Winning the title last season gave us Champions league qualification via 1st qualifying round - we played a team from Luxembourg that we duly dispatched to be rewarded with a tie v's AAB. We then duly dispatched those to be given a tie v's Napoli. We duly got tonked 1-4 at home despite leading after 2 mins we had our keeper sent off after 4 mins and that put an end to the tie.

Into the Uefa cup we would go. AEK Larnaca would be our opponents and were duly tonked 0-5 away and i rested team for return leg which was a 1-1 draw. Next up was Lokomotiv Moscow. Home game saw us lose 1-4, but a shock 0-4 reverse in Moscow sent us through to the 3rd round and a huge task against Liverpool.

We won the first leg at home 4-2.. Boooom

And draw 2-2 in return leg. A famous victory for the part timers from N.Ireland.
    Last edited by EL-TOPPO; 30-04-17 at 03:33 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EL-TOPPO For This Useful Post:

AJ is offline Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Vipers Striker Extraordinaire
    vCash
    Got sick and tired of Croatia Grabulabla and got offered a job in my home country, by relegation faves Willem II. Took it anyway. Not helping the cause, but it will do good for my rep.

vCash
    Knocked out in 4th round v's Marseille. Took a 4-2 lead to them, but their overall quality (Payet and CR7) put paid to our part timers.

vCash
    Into 3rd season now with Ballymena. Knocked out Hajduk and Basel to reach Champs league groups stage. Easy group here

14. The Following User Says Thank You to EL-TOPPO For This Useful Post:

vCash
    2nd favs with the bookies there Toppo

Barbadas training facilities are so bad after 10 weeks my players are about 20% worse. Never had such a shit selection of strikers. 6 of them with 3 goals between them after 10 games. Ended sticking a DC upfront and he had 4. Could be a slog
    Last edited by Dermotron; 01-05-17 at 10:11 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Didn't take me long to get a B job, since the winter update was just a month away when we won the cup and there were a few Swedish clubs that were promoted without a manager and some of them started with B. I got one that appears to be named after one of my favourite bands which is nice.

It didn't have a very good squad when I arrived but i managed to almost assemble a full match squad in the three months or so before the season started. Still lacking a goalkeeper and a right back, and three subs, but it could be worse.

At the summer break we're nowhere near the top of the league, but Piteå seems to be unbeatable this season and we don't even have a full team so I'm not too concerned about that. I'm hoping to compete for promotion next year (and then the question from further up the thread will arise again: Does it count if you win a league that doesn't have a "champion"? Sweden, like Spain, have a play-off for promotion among the group winners.).

I had a £20k transfer budget when i arrived, and I spent it all on one player and haven't regretted that. Daniel Lundquist has proven to be well worth the money and is also my captain. I also managed to get one player on loan, and he's been my best rated player and has scored a goal a game so I am not looking forward to losing him when he's bought by another club in July. Hopefully I'll manage to find a replacement.

Spoiler!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Pegster For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Barbadas training facilities are so bad after 10 weeks my players are about 20% worse. Never had such a shit selection of strikers. 6 of them with 3 goals between them after 10 games. Ended sticking a DC upfront and he had 4. Could be a slog
    Bah, save corrupted. Starting over

vCash
    Bad luck, but at least it was still early so you won't have that much catching up to do.

vCash
    Plenty of action going on! Table has been updated - Hope those with save issues find out what the causes were and don't give up the ghost!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    First season at ballinamallard was a nice one. Knew the league pretty well and they had a better team than Ards. A few loanee's and couple of signings and the team was set. The league was won with 6 games to go. On to C and see what i get offered.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to tom_oufc For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    The save is there but CM doesn't see it. Won't load in the likes of GK Editor too. Goosed. I'd say it's more an issue with my pc tbh.

Anyhow, back looking for new letter B position. Done the buying and selling bit and holidayed through S1. Won the league by 6pts. Hopefully something come up soon. And time to start making backup saves

vCash
    Finished my first season in Sweden, and it looks like I'll stay here for a while. I did find a goalkeeper in the summer who wanted to play for me, but apparently the transfer window closed between the contract negotiations and the transfer completion, there just wasn't any notification about it. He's joining in January anyways, along with a bunch of other players. If I find another goalkeeper I'll be able to field a full matchday squad!

Anyways, here's the table and a couple of key players. I did manage to find a replacement for the loanee, it seems, and given his age I think he'll only get better.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pegster For This Useful Post:

vCash
    New job with Badajoz. 15k stadium, good facilities and seemingly well respected, have easily a mid table Segunda Division team assembled ready to go for season. Not much in centre of midfield but a 433 with 6 wide men be ideal

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    2nd favs with the bookies there Toppo

Played 5, L3 D2.. Conceded a few goals too sloppily. But to be expected with the shite i have in goals. Couldnt register the keeper I bought as you dont get to do it again after the 3rd qualifying game.

vCash
    2 draws, 400k banked and a few massive gates from the away games

vCash
    2 draws, 400k banked and a few massive gates from the away games
    Had a little over £2m in club coffers at start of season. Now about £6.3m

So yes, been great for the clubs finances. Just not able to expand stadium, increase wages or anything else. 3000 stadium, 2500 seated. Need some investment (yth), Max wage is £375.

So for a club this size to make it this far is immense.

vCash
    I'm coming.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to pieriedaczi For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EL-TOPPO View Post
    Played 5, L3 D2.. Conceded a few goals too sloppily. But to be expected with the shite i have in goals. Couldnt register the keeper I bought as you dont get to do it again after the 3rd qualifying game.

Finished group off with a 3-1 spanking of Milan which denied them 2nd place and sent them into Uefa cup

Still finished bottom though, good showing despite the initial poor results.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to EL-TOPPO For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Made the move from Ballymena to Gillingham. Needed to get away from N.Ireland to help gain some rep to get a Club with "C". Everyone I have applied for including Charlton twice in last 12 months have rejected me.

Tough job here. Rooted at the bottom of league 2. 25 games played, just 13 points on the board. 150k spending money, Club in the red. Shit squad overloaded with at least 14 strikers and not much of a midfield.

Free transfer market may be only way to go right now but at least i may have chance of getting something decent enough to pull us away from bottom of table.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to EL-TOPPO For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegster View Post

At the summer break we're nowhere near the top of the league, but Piteå seems to be unbeatable this season and we don't even have a full team so I'm not too concerned about that. I'm hoping to compete for promotion next year (and then the question from further up the thread will arise again: Does it count if you win a league that doesn't have a "champion"? Sweden, like Spain, have a play-off for promotion among the group winners.).
    It seems like it's ok!

39. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePsi For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast