Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: The Alphabet Game #3 - April 2017 Data Update

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trunky View Post
    Struggling to hold onto top spot so far especially when clubs like Athletic FC can recruit Swedish internationals. What do they have that I don't? Apart from money, a decent manager, a good reputation and a nice ground we are the same.
    They are actually in the swedish Premier division right now, although hated by almost all football fans as they have bought their way up in the Leagues (litterally) and The owners did a MK Dons and moved the club. Doing terrible now at least

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Felix For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Well the Bury job didn't become available but one in the lower reaches in Italy did so took a punt and applied for the job for the team who are battling relegation from the lowest of low leagues....but we all love a challenge right?

Off we goooo

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Baz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Didn't realise that I have started in 9th place in the top division, 1 place and 2 points away from last. A season for building I think as I have little chance of winning the league.

Tom Davis from Portsmouth and Steven Black from Macclesfield have joined on loan. Trying to get an attack midfielder to join them. After that it will be a sell/ loan and buy cheap season whilst hoping to stay in the league.

AJ is offline Member of the Month
    Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash

That was an easy "E". Got hired by relegated Fiorentina. Serie B title to win, lads!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Slow Down AJ!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to EL-TOPPO For This Useful Post:

AJ

vCash
    I'm really bummed about my save crashing. I'm tempted to have another go, but I have no idea why it crashed on me last time (I didn't touch any editor or nothing, just downloaded the latest data update and got going). I'm on some Tapani version though, can't remember which one. But never had this issue before.

My bets are on AJ to finish the challenge first. (which tactic are you using, mate? you seem to win everything wherever you go!)

vCash
    OP UPDATED!

AJ flying at the top yet again! Looks like your reputation is good enough to start bouncing around now.

ThePsi - Excellent perseverance at Constanica, fair play

trunky - Good work in ticking off a troublesome B. Coleraine looks tough but Northern Irish league isn't too hard.

Baz - On the leaderboard now, good luck in Italy!

JLa - If you're using the Tapani patch, that may explain it all. Especially if you started in the year 2016 as Tapani's last version doesn't work for that year. Download saturn's patch which is the version we should all be using now anyhow
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

AJ is offline Member of the Month
    Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLa View Post
    I'm really bummed about my save crashing. I'm tempted to have another go, but I have no idea why it crashed on me last time (I didn't touch any editor or nothing, just downloaded the latest data update and got going). I'm on some Tapani version though, can't remember which one. But never had this issue before.

My bets are on AJ to finish the challenge first. (which tactic are you using, mate? you seem to win everything wherever you go!)
    I'm using whatever suits the selection. I've quite the collection of tct's at my disposal!

vCash
    With the likes of Don Benito, Dinamo Bryansk, and Dundee apparently not keen to take me on, I stayed for the whole season at Cliftonville.

We had a superb early part of the season, reaching the Europa League Round of 32 before we were finally eliminated by Manchester City, but we couldn't back it up during the rest of the campaign and disappointingly exited both domestic Cup competitions and then finished 2nd in the league - especially disappointing with our European heroics having contributed to giving the Northern Irish league champions a berth in the Champions League.

Inconsistency was clearly the biggest problem, but I attribute it to squad depth, especially in attack. Former Chelsea youngster Declan Burke scored a superb 19 goals from midfield, but our strikers didn't pull their weight and we clearly need to improve this area next season.

That, or a bloody 'D' club needs to accept my application!

vCash
    FINALLY!! I have a job with a club starting with D...unfortunately it's back in Ireland at derry. Positive is they are currently in 3rd after 7 games and have a decent team. This hopefully will go quick..

16. The Following User Says Thank You to tom_oufc For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    After a dismal start to the season which included a Europa League 2nd Round exit to Maccabi Haifa and a League Cup group stage exit to our usual cast of villains, I was very pleased to finally be offered an escape route...

Just like tom_oufc, I'm now in Derry! Let's see whether I can re-energise this team as things north of the border had started to drift away a little it seemed by the end.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to NormandyWept For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    So, found my way out of the elephant graveyard in Northern Ireland by winning the league cup. Was lucky to get a non league team in the final!

Then I moved my luggage home to Sweden, I found a B club with two players and in the third division. Hade tried to get hell of a load of players but no one wants to come.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Felix For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    New season has started with Coleraine. Loaners plus a couple of freebies on the way in January are keeping us on top by a point from my old muckers, Ards. Still, league cup semi final to come so hopefully an early way out of this cesspit

22. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    OK, so like i said in my previous post i landed a job at Derry and was hoping it wasnt going to take long....luckily i was correct, a quick change to the teams tactics and a couple of loan signings and freebies and the team was away. Drew a few to many games for my liking (most from winning positions) but we managed to get the championship in the end.

So, Its on to 'E' which if im correct i'll have to leave Ireland for. I'll keep you posted as and when.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tom_oufc For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Good going, Tom! You're 2nd on the leaderboard now

A new face on the board too with Felix! Looks tough in Sweden though
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

vCash
    Reached the Copa del Rey final against Barcelona, and managed to come from behind twice, but we had no answer to Messi's goal just a minute after we had equalized. And so I'm stuck here for another season. At least we have Europe to look forward to next season.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to colml For This Useful Post:

vCash
    And probably only 15m in debt now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    And probably only 15m in debt now
    Yeah you would think that, although...

Spoiler!

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to colml For This Useful Post:

vCash
    My Derry City team had enjoyed some superb form en route to finishing 2nd in the First Division, but I rested players for the Cup Final in the first leg of our play-off against top-flight Athlone and we went down 2-1 away from home.

I still fancied our chances once we got the Cup Final out of the way. In fact, having beaten two top-division teams on our way to the Final I was optimistic of getting 'D' done here in the Cup. Unfortunately, it wasn't to be as a resilient Cobh Ramblers team held us to a draw and then won the replay with a cruel injury-time strike. Still suffering a hangover, we duly lost the second-leg of the playoff with Athlone and will have to try to win the First Division next year to get my 'D' silverware and move on.

Perhaps in the end this isn't the worst outcome, as it should be easier for us to win the First Division next year than it would have been to win the top-flight title. We should also be a threat in the Cups with new signings already arranged to strengthen our squad for 2021/22.

Former Clubs
    Ballyclare superbly won the Northern Irish title whilst Cliftonville finished 3rd and Ards 7th: good seasons for all three of my former teams.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NormandyWept For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Finally getting out the "B's". After a corrupt save and pc crash Badajoz are finally Segunda Division champs And done in style too.

Great run in Copa del Rey. Knocked out both Madrid giants and Las Palmas but came unstuck against Sevilla

Had the league won with plenty to spare. The league season's in Spain seem to last forever

(709 All Nations)

Now to look for some C jobs but could be a case of taking a decent repped job somewhere else in the meantime. Club Brugge manager status is insecure. West Brom job seems like it might be available. Would prefer to go to the Championship though.

Have 13 young players en route to Badajoz that should keep them in good stead for a couple of seasons.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nice one, Derm.

I was going to post an update to say that I had taken over at Ballinamallard but my game keeps crashing on the 2nd August . Not entirely sure why as I'm sure I ran a test before starting this that went on for a good few seasons.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    And the game crashes...

I've decided to wipe everything, apply Saturn and start again...

My question for you all...

Do I start at Ards again or do I continue at C with Coleraine?

The annoying thing was that I was in the League Cup Final and top by 4 points...

vCash
    Hope you get stuff sorted out Mark/trunky!

I'm halfways through the 2021/22 season now, first in the Scottish top division with Dundee United, and it's not going particularly well. 9th place after 23 games, 3 points ahead of Aberdeen in 11th and 4 points ahead of Rangers in 12th, and Ross County who are 10th have one game less than us. Add to that that Aberdeen just signed the league's top scorer (with 29 goals in 22 games) from league leader Hearts (don't ask me why they thought it was a good idea to sell or why he would leave the league leaders for a relegation candidate...), and it's not looking too good.
    On the other hand, I've done some shopping too...

They all fit into one screenshot, but that wasn't supposed to be the case. My board, however, appear to be somewhat in disagreement with me about whether signing good players cheaply is a good idea or not. I tried to buy this player, who vas valued 60k or so at the time and is valued at 85k now, for 90k, but I guess I have to try to loan him instead. Imagine paying 90k for someone who is valued at 85k! Madness!

Spoiler!

Hopefully the new signings will perform well enough to give us a shot at winning the FA Cup which starts for us soon.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pegster For This Useful Post:

vCash
    A whole season has gone and I've not found a good "D"-job yet. I got offered a job as manager for Dalkurd FF but did not want to hang out in the swedish lower leagues when I currently manage a top team in the segunda divison. So I stayed in Constancia yet another season, came to the Copa Del Rey final this time, lost to Real Sociedad in a thrilling 4-3 game so it was really close, we had the lead in the 60th minute but we could not manage to keep it.

Top 4 in segunda was really close throughout the season and everyone was almost at the same points the whole season, but it ended with Betis as champions, my team in second and Osasuna in 3rd place.

I also think it was a good idea to stay in Constancia, because my world reputation went up the roof after the promotion to La Liga, climbing over 1000th spots, now ranked at 831 in the world and top 10 in Spain. So hopefully I can move on next season.
    Last edited by ThePsi; 10-05-17 at 07:30 PM.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePsi For This Useful Post:

vCash
    So it only took one season in the lower reaches of Italy. Luckily all the teams were as shite as my lot so it only took a solid formation to take home the title.

It then took me 8 months to find a club beginning with C to even offer me a role...and it was in the lower reaches of Belgium for a team already top, but lost their manager to the higher ups, so why not take an easy one?

I notice people are having issues with D too, so it may take me another 8 months to find one of those

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baz For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast