Thread: Football saturday on the north

vCash

Football saturday on the north

Championship Manager 3 1998/99
    v. 3.03b with original database

Leagues: Denmark, England, Norway, Scotland, Sweden

Team: Nottingham Forest FC

Winning Division One in 1998 Dave Bassett and his side bring back Tricky Trees to Premiership. 90's was a real rollercoaster for the team from The City Ground. Swinging all the time between two highest levels might be annoying for the fans.
    I'm starting in next season (1998/99) wishing myself to stay clear of relegation and then maybe repeat a glory years from Brian Clough era. It won't be a big story, beacuse of my poor english, but maybe you will have a little fun. Come on Forest!

vCash
    Best of luck
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    Kingsley: Thanks a lot!

Perhaps we are the weakest team in the league, but i'll try to play very offensive 4-3-3 formation. In my opinion we have a big potential in front, so we must use it.
    On that day (28.06.1998) this is my first eleven, but of course it can be changed: Crossley - Rogers, Chettle, Hjelde, Lyttle - Woan, Palmer, Bart-Williams - Porfirio, Van Hooijdonk, Freedman.
    First league match will be clash on Goodison Park versus Walter Smith boys. Inaugural match on The City Ground will be derbies with Sheff Wed.

vCash
    Some names from the past in that lot !
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    Kingsley: in that version Diego Maradona is still active player! Crazy 90's!

Something about my vision of Forest. We aren't rich club, so we can't spend a lot of money on transfers. Probably i'll try loan some players (on that moment we have two: Stensaas from Rangers and Porfirio from Benfica), but actually i don't need any squad improvements.
    Scouts will be searching in Central/Eastern Europe, Scandinavia and UK for some cheap guys and then i'll think about it.
    We need to invest in staff members. I have some names in my mind but it's not the most important point at this moment.
    Last edited by nordfotboll; 23-04-17 at 12:03 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nordfotboll For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Intertoto Cup starts european competitions in new season. In first round Crystal Palace was knocked out by Danish side Lyngby FC (1:2, 0:1).
    Thierry Bonalair was sold to Caen for a 950k. The bid amount surprised me. Bonalair was supposed to be only a reserve player for Des Lyttle. For that kind of 32 years old guy, almost a milion pounds was a huge occasion.
    Rangers are trying to sign our biggest star, Pierre van Hooijdonk. They offer for him 6.75mln but i need a time to think about it. Without him it would be just impossible to fight against relegation and i have only Neil Shipperley for change. He doesn't guarantee so many goals as van Hooijdonk.
    Our financial situation is better thanks to Bonalair transfer, but we must be very careful. Delaying tranfer decision from Rangers, i have some time to consider pros and cons.

vCash
    Is the original cm 3 before updates the only one with intertoto cup group stage??
    I have been trying for years to find this version of cm just to play intertoto groups lol

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk