Thread: The 'Replicate Real Life Styles Of Play' Thread (Non Wib-Wob)

vCash

The 'Replicate Real Life Styles Of Play' Thread (Non Wib-Wob)

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this has been done before (I apologise if it has), but I thought it would be good to have a thread in the 'Tactics' section of the forum where players of the game could post their interpretations of certain styles of play. You could do this by posting screenshots of your formation and typing up the player/team instructions that you use for the tactic. Or even record videos if you wish :-)

I believe that certain styles of play have been replicated via wib-wob, but I would like to keep this thread as non wib-wob tactics please.

When I say certain styles of play, I mean all types. For example; replicating Rafa Benitez Liverpool side that finished 2nd in the Premier League in 2008/09 or replicating Frank Rijkaards FC Barcelona of 2005/06 that won the UEFA Champions League. These are obviously examples, but it would be interesting to see how players of the game replicate their styles of play on this great game.

I understand CM 01/02 is outdated and doesn't have the tactical capacity that the management games of today have, but to try and replicate the styles of play to suit the needs of the game would be interesting to see.

Not sure if the thread will take off, hopefully it will, but it's just something I'm interested to see :-).

This account on YouTube gives some fascinating insight on how certain teams/managers have set up and could be used as a guide into replicating some styles of play - PDS FC
    https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=...kJI84mVMflhdqb

Matt
    Last edited by Tierney-LFC-1990; 23-04-17 at 06:00 PM.

vCash
    Would love to, but working with this match engine is a challenge. When it's all text and no graphics, how do you make sure your tactics work as expected or not (besides the striker scoring and perhaps a certain midfielder assisting)? Good luck though. I'll be reading with interest. :-)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLa View Post
    Would love to, but working with this match engine is a challenge. When it's all text and no graphics, how do you make sure your tactics work as expected or not (besides the striker scoring and perhaps a certain midfielder assisting)? Good luck though. I'll be reading with interest. :-)
    I guess you have to rely on the match stats, player in-match stats etc. Of course it will be a challenge to replicate modern tactics to such an outdated tactic system, but it's still worth giving it a go ;-). I'm going to give it a go myself, but I'm no master tactician (far from it! lol).