Thread: Lets Build A Tactic together :)

vCash

Lets Build A Tactic together :)

HI Guys I have a challenge for the gods of champ manager and noobs alike. Together we are going to create a non wib wob formation

This is the layout we will be using: http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=tx962

Now I want us together to come up with different versions of this tactic and test it to see if we can improve it together

So that is the line up:

For version 1 any tweaks to the overall formation?

What team instructions to set?

lastly what player instructions would you personally set?

Set pieces what players forward back etc.

I figured if we broke the above tactic down, it would be a good way to help noobs understand why we set specific instructions being a noob myself I want to learn more about why you make specific changes

So I hope I can get some of the elite champ manager players involved and hopefully we can work with the framework and benchmark and develop a tactic together

I appreciate the knowledge and everything you do in keeping this wonderful game alive, now gods of champ manager please help me develop Mark 1 of this formation.

vCash
    Ok I will start with instructions for mark 1 of the tactic it would be kool to get some input / feedback

Team Instructions: Attack, Short, Pressing, Offside

CB - Man Mark
    DL / DR - Run with ball
    DM - Run with ball
    MC - RUN WB, Forward runs, try through balls,
    AL / AR - Run WB, Forward runs, cross,
    AMC - Forward runs, run with ball
    SC - Hold up ball

Those are the base instructions I will set for alpha 1 of the tactic feel free to comment on improvements or things I can add i.e type of passing the more input the better and weakness many thanks.

vCash
    Remove Cross Ball, it's an awful instruction

vCash
    Well, you want to know defense/attacking set pieces too?

Leave out man mark. It leaves a lot to be desired in CM. CB = Zonal + Normal tackling, Normal on att set piece/back def.
    DL/DR = forward runs/zonal/normal tackling/forward on att set pieces, normal on def
    DM = forward runs/hold up ball/zonal marking/forward att set pieces/back defensive, try through balls
    MC = run with ball/forward runs/normal att set piece/back def
    AL/AR = run with ball/forward runs/normal att/normal def.
    AMC = forward/run/normal att set/back def.
    SC = forward runs/forward att set/normal def/man mark (just for fun). If he is good dribbler put run with ball on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by info0 View Post
    CB = Normal on att set pieces. DL/DR = forward on att set pieces
    Why don't we do the opposite?, CB forward and DL/DR normal? Normally a CB has better jumping and heading then a DL/DR.

vCash
    So for version 1 of the tactic

Team Instructions: Attack, Short, Pressing, Offside

Leave out man mark. It leaves a lot to be desired in CM. CB = Zonal + Normal tackling, Normal on att set piece/back def.
    DL/DR = forward runs/zonal/normal tackling/forward on att set pieces, normal on def
    DM = forward runs/hold up ball/zonal marking/forward att set pieces/back defensive, try through balls
    MC = run with ball/forward runs/normal att set piece/back def
    AL/AR = run with ball/forward runs/normal att/normal def.
    AMC = forward/run/normal att set/back def.
    SC = forward runs/forward att set/normal def/man mark (just for fun). If he is good dribbler put run with ball on.

Some questions? whynot have the crossing option on the attacking mids? let them put balls in the box to the striker or will they do that anyway?
    MC - put long shots on? I have run a similar tactic before and when I set long shot the MC goes nuts and gets on average 15 goals a season.
    AMC - Try through balls to the striker? good shout?

Thank you info and guys for input this is awesome
    ``

vCash
    I find crossing works well with fullbacks and wingbacks.

Long shots is a weird one, I've only heard negative things about using it , so I don't either.

vCash
    Long shots, through balls seem to work best when only one player uses it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicAnt View Post
    Why don't we do the opposite?, CB forward and DL/DR normal? Normally a CB has better jumping and heading then a DL/DR.
    Because it's how the game works. It's not about jumping and scoring goals here. They take opportunity to cross the ball into box and CB on Normal doesn't mean they stay back and defend. They do their normal stuff joining the attack for headers.
    It's hard to explain via CM terms.

As for long shots, not a fan of those myself. I would rather have possession compared to lousy shooting from way out. Best part about tactic making though is experimenting with various scenarios/combinations.

I normally put almost all outfield players to try through balls (CB, DM, MC, AMR/AML, AMC, SC, only GK/DL/DR are left out). No crossing as I find TTB works way better, be it CM or FM and that doesn't leave out chance for crossing. You will still see them.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to info0 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The way I understand it, the CTRL instructions (Crossing, Through ball, Run with ball, and Long shots) are player specific instructions and that's why they are not available in the Tactic instruction like Passing, Tackling, Pressing, etc. In the CM guide by Marc Vaughan it's clear that these instructions are governed by certain player attributes. For example, in the Player Characteristics section he say and I quote "Only use ‘Run with Ball’ with players who have good dribbling abilities."

In top clubs with world class players, it usually translates to positional instructions simply because all AMCs for example will have high dribbling so you can safely add the Run with ball instruction for the AMC position in your tactic and forget about it. In lower tier football that's not the case. There are many good AMCs who can't dribble for shit, and you can't instruct them to run with the ball (well, you can but it would be bad management).

Depending on the level your club is at, the CTRL instructions should have minimum requirements in certain attributes corresponding to each of them. Crossing has it's own attribute, so does Long shots. For top clubs the minimum attribute value could easily be 17-18 for a player to have those instructions on. For Crossing in specific, it has to be a wide player as well like fullbacks, wingbacks, and wingers. As for Through ball, Creativity and Passing are the main attributes here (I personally take into account Teamwork as well). For Run with ball, as stated it's the Dribbling attribute (again I personally take into account Acceleration and Pace as well).

12. The Following User Says Thank You to KL1 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Some observations I have been using the tactic with peoples suggestions using the lineup I posted on line up builder.

The wide players are pretty much doing nothing, average ratings on 7, 10 games no assists some of them have decent stats like dribbling, acceleration they are instructed to run with ball, however when you check the dribbling statistics per game some of them have a rating of 0.00?

I find if I move the wide players in a narrow formation next to the AMC with arrows pointing forwards and play FR/L they are much for effective. Also I have tried playing the wide players 1 postion back either side of the mc on the wings with arrows forward but again they are performing pretty badly.

The MC isn't really doing alot they have passing of 20 but hardly any assists.... I have try through balls on thinking the good passing stat would help create chances.

The AMC, I am not sure what instructions I could give he has a creativity of 20.

Should I turn offside trap off? I never really have used it before

Thank you for input it's frustrating because I want the wide players to be more involved without wib wobbing!

I am still tempted to turn crossing on for wingers
    Last edited by ally_uk; 11-06-17 at 09:59 AM. Reason: edit

vCash
    I managed to get promoted with Wimbledon using this tactic so happy days, next season I need better players though I signed a midfielder called Lolly he had pretty good off the ball stats played as a Left midfielder he did pretty decent. Christopher Samba, Samba Diakte

Setting the MC to long shots my MC rubbish stats got like 16 goals for the season.

vCash
    Definitely crossing on those advancing full backs

vCash
    Yeah I have put crossing on full backs and wingers, they seem to get the job done better,

Currently I have hold up ball set on both def mids and both are told to run with the ball, I currently have no other instructions set on them. Someone suggest putting try through balls on both?
    The MC I have high passing so I have set try through balls on him he is set to run with ball no forward runs, Should I set forward runs?

The AMC i don't really know what to set, if they have high creativity / passing I figured try through balls? should they also hold up ball to let other players like the wingers in?

vCash
    I use hold up ball for strikers only, if they have strength, and technique would also help I assume. And try through balls only if a player is creative and have decent passing. Forward runs could be for players with high off the ball-abilities, but I don't know this for sure. Most of the tactics have forward runs on everyone except GK and DC.

vCash
    Agree with Ant; hold up ball only for a striker, and only if that striker is a physical all rounder, ie, 15ish or above strength and pace