Thread: Xbox One X (Project Scorpio)

vCash

Xbox One X (Project Scorpio)

Anybody pre-ordering / buying one of these? For me, I cant wait till the pre-order button is active on Amazon.

Scorpio Engine: With 6 TFLOPS, 326GB/s of memory bandwidth and advanced, custom silicon, the Scorpio Engine is the most powerful console gaming processor ever created
    Centrifugal Fan: A supercharger-style design which rapidly pulls in and compresses air, Xbox One X's Centrifugal Fan is crafted to deliver maximum cooling with minimum noise
    Vapor Chamber: A first for home consoles, Xbox One X's Vapor Chamber uses advanced liquid cooling to help ensure the Scorpio Engine stays cool
    Hovis Method: To maximize performance and minimize power consumption, Xbox One X uses the Hovis Method, a cutting edge digital power delivery system to custom tune console voltage

450 ish . . .

vCash
    Will prob buy it for sake of collecting. Nothing spectacular was shown for it at E3 though.

Plus 450 is a LOT for console. You can get pretty good mid-end gaming PC for this. Hm. Its up to end user though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by info0 View Post
    Will prob buy it for sake of collecting. Nothing spectacular was shown for it at E3 though.

Plus 450 is a LOT for console. You can get pretty good mid-end gaming PC for this. Hm. Its up to end user though.
    That's true but how much would you pay for a PC with the same or better specs?

As for the console, I probably won't be picking it up. The games look better in 4K thing doesn't grab me. I have the One, but a mix of not a lot time and not a lot of games. With the advancements in tech, the games really need to get up to speed...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkifino View Post
    That's true but how much would you pay for a PC with the same or better specs?

As for the console, I probably won't be picking it up. The games look better in 4K thing doesn't grab me. I have the One, but a mix of not a lot time and not a lot of games. With the advancements in tech, the games really need to get up to speed...
    You can check YouTube channels for this. They have the series on Console vs Budget gaming PC. Sometimes I scratch my head in awe to those guys . But truth is, most of those channels are USA based and they have much lower electronics parts prices.

I don't buy 4K at all. Even on PC. There is just no monitor worthy getting and those which would be decent cost >1000 Euros. LOL.
    Will take 1920x1080 in 144Hz with IPS panel anytime of day over default 4K even with HDR.

Games won't get up to specs. Consoles will get too taxed and burn like a crisps. Have you seen how hot consoles can get? How they are build inside to cool? That is what can bottleneck them causing them to throttle under heavy load - something no-one wants.

Have seen both MS and Sony conferences and none grabbed my attention. Sony presented well known titles and continuation to the series, while MS didn't show anything which would want me buy their console. Crazy?