Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: Editor Queries (cm0102ed.exe)

vCash

Champman editor queries

Hey was wondering if someone could shed some light on the editor for champman

my problem is when ive changed a few names for a team (just abit of fun til new update comes out) they don't save when I start a new game ?

Using
    original game
    original patch
    tapani 2.20.1
    april update

vCash
    Run it as Administrator
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    this hasnt worked either I'm afraid

think there may be something up with the Index.dat file

any clues on how to fix this?
    Last edited by Dondon; 25-07-17 at 01:32 PM.

vCash
    If there was then it wouldn't open. I bet that it is being saved, but not in your Championship Manager 01-02/Data folder.

Can you open Windows Explorer and search your C drive for club.dat

I expect that it will be found in somewhere like Users/User/AppData/Loca/VirtualStore/Championship Manager 01-02/Data
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    Does anyone still have the cm0102ed that someone modded to be able to delete thousands at a time instead the 200 limit on the other one?

vCash
    Hi folks,

I'm probably being bone-headed here, lord knows I've had a hard enough time getting the game to run since installing yesterday, but here's my question.

Now that I've downloaded the game, the official 2002 patch and the latest Tapani patch, how do I go into the data editor and edit the updated info? Going through cm0102ed.exe only seems to give me the option of editing the default data, not the patched data which is frustrating as I'd like to tinker with PL clubs finances and a few other minor things.

When I double click to load the editor, and the small box appears where you select the Data set and Location, I can't get anything other than the original default data to load? Just says "Championship Manager Installation" for the Data set and the Location is given as the Data folder within CM 01/02, but it loads an index.dat file dated 2001, whereas the index.dat file actually in that folder is dated 2017, i.e. when it was installed on the laptop earlier today, which I'm not able to select through the finder.

Anyone able to help? Or is it simply not possible to edit the official patched data?

vCash
    You're looking in the right place to edit club finances. Load the editor up, go to the club screen and there should be a finances box that you can change.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    You're looking in the right place to edit club finances. Load the editor up, go to the club screen and there should be a finances box that you can change.
    Thanks Mark, I've got to grips with the actual editor itself alright (probably half on memory from when I used to own the game on disc many years ago now) but my problem comes before even getting to that stage.

Before loading up the database to edit, I am stuck on the initial pop-up window that comes from double clicking the cm0102ed.exe, the window which you load the editor from that contains a 'Data set' drop box and a 'Location' file destination box underneath that. Also in the box are buttons for 'Options', 'Distribute' and 'Load', but when I do load using the given selections I get the default database from the original game, rather than the database I now have implemented through the official SI patch (v3.9.68).

I know I'm probably not explaining it too well, but I've no way of getting a screenshot to show exactly what I mean.

EDIT: I appear to have fixed the issue, I just needed to "Run as administrator" which I thought I was already doing, but apparently wasn't! Chalk it up to that bone-headedness I referenced in my first post.

Cheers!

vCash
    Sorry, I misunderstood your post. Glad you're sorted!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieC View Post
    Does anyone still have the cm0102ed that someone modded to be able to delete thousands at a time instead the 200 limit on the other one?
    FOund it

You can change limit in editor by using ollydbg:

0041F2C6 | 3D C8000000 | CMP EAX,0C8

Change C8 (200 in hex) to e.g. 2710 (10000*in hex)

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627