Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Team League - Season 11

vCash
    Well all I can say is........ screw you Fulham!

Could have been second. Possibly third on goal difference.

Interesting to see Vardy in the goals as well considering I didn't pick him this month but I won't complain!

Great write up as always Mark!

vCash
    Blimey!

I appear to be top...Portsmouth have come a long way from the depths of Division 4! It won't last, but the fans are delirious. That might be the South Coast (tm) salty air.

It's all very tight at the top though, pity about the loss to Derby, I suspect an assman had a hand in that!

Still in Europe and the League Cup, the manager's favourite cup competition.

Great write up Markus, highlight of the week for me.

vCash
    Lost many points this month but somehow stay top two

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I can't see it happening, I think the strength of the managed squads will overtake them eventually. A CPU side has not won since the very first DTL season where Sunderland won it
    Swans battered them last month

vCash
    Some frustrating results again for Swans but at least we are climbing the table

For the greater good, this looks like one of the best PL seasons for ages!

Everyone beating everyone

Fecking love the DTL

Great stuff as ever Mark!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

AJ

vCash
    wow what an amazing competition, ok things are heating up

Great work Mark, thanks a lot for letting me participate in this.

vCash
    This really is the best part of my week. I mean all the training for the vipers gets me depressed

vCash
    We beat Arsenal 2-0 easily

1-1 v Hull. We go down to 10 men after 7 mins. Robben does a massive DIVE - the cheating fecke. "We woz robbed guv!"

Lose 2-0 to Everton after being down to 9 men - poor discipline from the team

Annahilated Man City 5-1 = could have been more

Comfortably top of CL group so pleased to be going through to Phase 2

Beat Crystal palce 3-0 - we had just the 24 shots in that gam

Saints, Derby and the league leaders Portsmouth in the coming month - BRING IT ON!

vCash
    Mixed emotions but mostly aggrieved.
    Spurs 1-2 Villa Neuer earned his corn this match. Very even apart from the score. Happy to pick up an away win at WHL
    Porstmouth 0-0 Villa An away point I guess. Casemiro sent off because... because... 6 minutes. I think it was a misunderstanding. "The referee showed Casemiro the red card", I think he got new cards and was showing it to him. Didn't actually want to send him off... Lucky I didn't lose.
    Villa 3-3 Liverpool WTF? Of all the games played this month I woulda had my house on this one... Played them off the park. 2 points lost.
    SParta Prague 1-2 Villa. outta the way.
    Man Utd 2-2 Villa. A big away point. Took the lead twice but definitely the inferior side. Lucky.
    Hull 0-0 Villa. Another away point although definitely should have put this one to bed... Shocking how bad the strikers are. Managing big teams on CM0102 was never my forte... To Madeira, where are you now...?
    Anyway, a ridiculous amount of away games to forget.

Very tight table which is refreshing to see. Nice to the CPU take a tumble.
    Trunk at the top. Janis never too far away. Spurs win their game in hand, they'll be toppers. Swans back on track. KArius not doing the trick for sami. peaceboy giving the 'big teams' a run for their money. Ebz' lot finally clicking? Rakanj not doing too bad. Villa.. Jerks. Saints crashing already? Hull, amazing defence. Arsenal not the trainwreck I expected. einsi, apart from the shellacing from the swans, not a bad start to dtl life.

Early doors yet. All to play for!
    Last edited by Erkifino; 27-07-17 at 09:07 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erkifino For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Crikey - loads of big away games there mate!

vCash
    I am wary that I'm only 4 points away from the bottom 3 though. With rakanj and einsi87 joining the league, there's less CPU teams to face where you'd hopefully expect a win. Got my work cut out from here on in!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    It'll be more of an achievement when you succeed though!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkifino View Post
    Ebz' lot finally clicking?
    Lucky month I reckon!

vCash
    Dream Team League - Season 11 - November

As the Dream Team League moves into November, the committee has been forced to hand out the first strike of the season following einsi87's failure to submit a team for this month. He'd taken over Man City when they had been rock bottom in the league and led them up to 14th. Will his absence see them sink back down the league once more?

2nd November
    Championship
    Plymouth 4:0 Huddersfield
    Sheff Wed 1:0 AFC Wimbledon

A Paulinho hat-trick helps pyromyst to record victory over Huddersfield which sees Plymouth top the league for the first time in 13 games thanks to drkshadow1's side losing to Sheff Wed. AFC Wimbledon had already conceded early on when Britt Assombalonga was sent off in the 24th minute and James McCarthy followed suit in the 60th, leaving them with 8 men having used up 3 substitutions!

EFL Cup - Third Round
    Aston Villa 3:0 Newcastle
    Man Utd 3:1 Leicester
    Southampton 1:0 Ipswich
    Swansea 5:0 West Brom
    Tottenham 4:1 Liverpool

6 DTL managers participate in the League Cup which sees only one match up with Erkifino and samsami taking each other one, the latter losing out.

3rd November
    Europa League - Third Round - Second Leg
    Midtjylland 0:0 Portsmouth
    Mlada Boleslav 0:3 Hull

Both trunky and AMC make it into the next round after 4:0 aggregate wins over their respective opponents.

5th November
    Premier League
    Aston Villa 2:0 Middlesbrough
    Crystal Palace 3:2 Derby
    Swansea 0:0 Southampton
    Tottenham 1:0 Chelsea

Andrea Belotti scores a crucial goal for AJ that sees Spurs move to the top! Erkifino easily defeats CPU opposition, peaceboy suffers a shock defeat at Crystal Palace whilst Redknapp69 and Dermotron play out a bore draw. Dermotron will be pleased to avoid defeat though considering Sergio Ramos was sent off after 57 minutes.

Championship
    Rotherham 0:1 AFC Wimbledon

Ademola Lookman scores a first goal of the season to help drkshadow1 return to the summit of the Championship as Plymouth don't play until the following day.

6th November
    Premier League
    Liverpool 2:1 Newcastle
    Man Utd 0:0 Hull
    Norwich 2:0 Ipswich
    Portsmouth 2:1 Man City
    West Ham 3:2 Everton

It's a good day for CPU managed sides as both rakanj and samsami come unstuck, Newcastle losing largely due to Loris Karius getting sent off after just 4 minutes. Janis89 and AMC play out a draw with Mehdi Benatia also sent off for Hull. ebfatz gets a big win to move Norwich up to 4th whilst victory for trunky puts Portsmouth back on top.

Championship
    Plymouth 2:2 Cardiff

pyromyst watches on in horror as his side surrender a 2 goal lead in the final 9 minutes to pick up a point. Plymouth do return to the top of the league though thanks to a better goal difference.

7th November
    Premier League
    Fulham 2:0 Arsenal

A poor result for Mark on Monday Night TV as Arsenal struggled to score, dropping to 15th in the process.

8th November
    Champions League, Phase 1
    Tottenham 4:0 Olympiacos
    Swansea 4:0 CSKA
    Ajax 1:1 Southampton

Phase 1 comes to an end with AJ, Redknapp69 and Dermotron all finishing top of their respective groups.

9th November
    Champions League, Phase 1
    Dortmund 0:1 Man Utd
    Aston Villa 3:0 Benfica

Janis89 and Erkifino also confirm passage into Phase 2 with 1st place group finishes.

EFL Cup, Fourth Round
    Arsenal 0:2 Portsmouth
    Everton 4:0 Plymouth
    Hull 2:2 Norwich (Norwich win 4:2 on penalties)

AMC is out of the competition that Hull won last season after losing out on penalties. His side did well against ebfatz considering Robin Knoche was sent off after 31 minutes but lost a lead twice, including a 90th minute equaliser. rakanj and trunky also progress with pyromyst and Mark both bowing out.

12th November
    Premier League
    Arsenal 0:0 West Ham
    Everton 0:1 Portsmouth
    Hull 2:1 Liverpool
    Middlesbrough 4:2 Man Utd
    Newcastle 0:2 Tottenham

samsami loses again in November as AJ wins but stays 2nd due to trunky defeating rakanj. Janis89 surprisingly loses to Middlesbrough, AMC ends a run of 5 league games without victory and Mark picks up a point against West Ham.

Championship
    Burton Albion 1:4 Plymouth
    Leicester 1:1 AFC Wimbledon

pyromyst pulls clear of drkshadow1 by 2 points in the 2nd tier after AFC Wimbledon were held to a draw at the King Power Stadium.

13th November
    Premier League
    Chelsea 1:2 Norwich
    Derby 1:2 Swansea

A Luis Suarez hat-trick for Swansea down's peaceboy's Derby who drop to 10th. Redknapp69 is now 4th but a win for ebfatz puts Norwich 3rd!

14th November
    Premier League
    Southampton 1:1 Aston Villa

It's a fairly even match at St. Mary's which leaves Dermotron 8th and Erkifino 6th.

19th November
    Premier League
    Crystal Palace 0:0 Southampton
    Man Utd 2:0 Chelsea
    Middlesbrough 1:2 Hull
    Portsmouth 0:0 Swansea
    Tottenham 2:0 Arsenal
    West Ham 2:1 Derby

Dermotron records a 4th draw in a row in all competitions and a Janis89 win for Chelsea keeps pushing them down the league after their bright start to the season. AMC makes it 7 games unbeaten in all competitions with a win over Middlesbrough and trunky and Redknapp69 participate in a mind numbing goalless draw which sees Portsmouth lose top spot thanks to AJ's derby win over Mark. Meanwhile, it's 3 defeats in a row for peaceboy in November after losing to West Ham.

Championship
    AFC Wimbledon 4:0 Burton Albion
    Plymouth 2:2 Sunderland

The roles are reversed in the Championship as pyromyst is held to a point this time which allows drkshadow1 to draw level once more with the league leaders.

20th November
    Premier League
    Aston Villa 0:0 Newcastle

samsami ends a run of three defeats in a row with a hard earned draw at Villa Park where Erkifino's side looked strong at the back but just couldn't buy a goal.

21st November
    Premier League
    Norwich 2:0 Everton

rakanj loses a 3rd league game in a row at Carrow Park whereas Norwich have made it 5 wins in a row, remaining in 3rd place and only 2 points behind AJ and trunky.

22nd November
    Champions League, Phase 2
    Porto 0:3 Man Utd
    Southampton 1:0 Olympiacos

Janis89 and Dermotron have managed to avoid their fellow DTL managers in Phase 2 and both kick off with victory.

23rd November
    Champions League, Phase 2
    FC Bayern 1:2 Tottenham
    Benfica 1:2 Aston Villa
    Swansea 8:1 Dortmund

What a result for Redknapp69! Admittedly, Dortmund only have 8 full-time players on the books and Jan Oblak was sent off after 82 minutes but they stormed to a win thanks to 4 goals from Robert Lewandowski. It'll be just what Swansea need having been drawn into the same group as Erkifino who also records victory. So too does AJ in a group of his own.

Championship
    Plymouth 0:1 Brighton

An unbeaten start to the season comes to an end after 19 games for pyromyst following a shock defeat to Brighton. It may allow drkshadow1 to overtake them but they don't play on the same evening.

24th November
    Europa League, Round of 32, First Leg
    Hull 1:0 Sevilla
    West Ham 3:1 Portsmouth

AMC records a narrow win against Sevilla but trunky comes unstuck after being drawn against West Ham of all teams in this round.

26th November
    Premier League
    Arsenal 0:0 Liverpool
    Chelsea 2:1 Aston Villa
    Derby 1:1 Fulham
    Ipswich 0:2 Man Utd
    Newcastle 1:1 Middlesbrough

samsami saves a point after 90th minute equaliser from Radja Nainggolan. Janis89 takes 3rd after an easy win at Ipswich. peaceboy ends a horror November run of defeats which could have been victory were it not for conceding a 90th minute equaliser and Mark earns another goalless draw against Liverpool. Shock result of the day though goes to Erkifino for losing to Chelsea which puts Villa 7th. It also ends a run of 11 games unbeaten for Aston Villa.

Championship
    AFC Wimbledon 1:0 Plymouth

Is this the game that defines the season in the Championship? Fresh from losing for the first time, it's now 2 in a row for pyromyst as drkshadow1 wins the battle of the managers in this league despite AFC Wimbledon actually being reduced to 10 men following a red card to Terence Kongolo in the 39th minute.

27th November
    Premier League
    Crystal Palace 1:1 Portsmouth
    Everton 1:0 Tottenham
    Man City 0:2 Norwich
    Southampton 1:1 Hull

Southampton get another red card with Jetro Willems sent off this time in a draw against AMC's Hull. With trunky drawing at Crystal Palace, AJ had the opportunity to extend the lead at the top for Spurs but lost to rakanj who picked up a first win in 4 games. Seizing the opportunity to move top himself is ebfatz with Marcus Rashford and Jamie Vardy continuing a recently lethal partnership to top the Premier League!

28th November
    Premier League
    Swansea 3:0 West Ham

The Hammers have shocked a few teams this season but Redknapp69 will not be one of them with a win that puts Swansea 5th and only 3 points off top spot.

30th November
    Premier League
    Fulham 0:1 Hull

Benatia is sent off for a second time this month but Hull hold on to win thanks to Carlos Bacca which makes it 10 games unbeaten for AMC.

EFL Cup, Fourth Round
    AFC Wimbledon 0:2 Swansea
    Aston Villa 1:1 Tottenham (Aston Villa win 5:3 on penalties)
    Man Utd 4:0 Man City
    West Ham 1:0 Southampton

Redknapp69 makes easy work of drkshadow1's side in the League Cup which also sees Janis89 knock out Man City. Ivan Rakitic is the villain on the night for AJ as his missed penalty puts Erkifino through whilst Dermotron is also out despite playing the last 22 minutes against 10 men.

EFL Cup, Quarter Final
    Portsmouth 4:1 Everton

A Quarter Final tie is also concluded on the same evening which rakanj bowing out at the hands of trunky who once won this competition with Hull.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I refuse to believe that me changing all my team from last months great showing has anything to do with this shit show. I REFUSE to believe.

vCash
    A different league leader every month. It's like pass the parcel... I just hope Villa are top when the 'last sheet of wrapping paper is torn off!'

vCash
    It's definitely making for an interesting season thus far!
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Quick glance see's me unbeaten but drawing to Dermo was not what we wanted and I hoped to take 3 points from Portsmouth

But hey - smashing it in Euorpe - 8-1 and to be in same group as Erk's Villa

But 2 cup wins and an completely unbeaten month I should not be complaianing

5th but very much ready to strike and climb the table

Will have a full gander later - lovely stuff Mark

AJ is offline Member of the Month
    Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    My Spurs never fail to disappoint me. After starting hopefully we randomly lose to Everton who hadnt won a match since WWII and crash out of the Cup on penalties. Great. Now all we have to do is slowly see the season dwindle..

vCash
    What a great season this is so far! Premiership bouncing around leaders. Championship tight as a ducks Ass. Love this bloody thread Mark you are a legend!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to drkshadow1 For This Useful Post:

AJ

vCash
    2 wins and 2 draws in the league which obviously I am very happy about. Not so happy about the loss to West Ham in the Europa Cup or whatever it's called seeing as I had 2 central defenders injured by Redders and his nasty Swansea team a few days before. Very happy to be still in the League Cup, the manager's favourite of all the cup competitions.

Difficult month ahead with Norwich, Tottenham, Aston Villa and Southampton to play in the league. Will be happy just to be in the top 6 after that lot!

Cheers again Markus, lovely write up.
    Last edited by trunky; 02-08-17 at 04:07 PM.

vCash

vCash
    10 games unbeaten but too many draws in the league, and disappointed to be out the League Cup already.

Some result for Red over Dortmund, and I know Suarez is good but how did he manage a hat-trick in a 2-1 win?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Some results there that definetily should have been avoided. But going good in cups and still up there in the league. Next month is our month

vCash
    Just downloaded the save, Knoche got sent off in that League Cup tie against Norwich for punching the ref! 3 month global ban for the idiot!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast