Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dream Team League - Season 11

vCash
    Norwich

Who's gonna be top next month because it won't be Norwich!

vCash
    I had a quick run through, well 5 times, and in each of them, either Norwich, Spurs, Man United, Hull or Portsmouth ended up top. It's a bally lottery!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Just downloaded the save, Knoche got sent off in that League Cup tie against Norwich for punching the ref! 3 month global ban for the idiot!
    wahahahahahahaha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Quick glance see's me unbeaten but drawing to Dermo was not what we wanted and I hoped to take 3 points from Portsmouth

But hey - smashing it in Euorpe - 8-1 and to be in same group as Erk's Villa

But 2 cup wins and an completely unbeaten month I should not be complaianing

5th but very much ready to strike and climb the table

Will have a full gander later - lovely stuff Mark

BATTERED Dermo and he was down to 10 men - how the feck didn't we win that!

Peaceboy - your keeper had a 'mare against us 4 rating and let in 3 out of 4 shots on goal

Trunky - tight as a ducks ass (and thats water tight!) that game - however, I feel as though I would have sneaked the win if my Ass Man did not fecking SUB OFF LEWA/SUAREZ & ALEXIS SANCHEZ AFTER 53 MINS - WTF?!

3 goals conceeded in last 12 games as well which is pleasing

Same again next month little Swans!

Finally - Have to chuck this on the FB page - 8-1 and Oblak with a 1 rating

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    BATTERED Dermo and he was down to 10 men - how the feck didn't we win that!

Peaceboy - your keeper had a 'mare against us 4 rating and let in 3 out of 4 shots on goal

Trunky - tight as a ducks ass (and thats water tight!) that game - however, I feel as though I would have sneaked the win if my Ass Man did not fecking SUB OFF LEWA/SUAREZ & ALEXIS SANCHEZ AFTER 53 MINS - WTF?!

3 goals conceeded in last 12 games as well which is pleasing

Same again next month little Swans!

Finally - Have to chuck this on the FB page - 8-1 and Oblak with a 1 rating

There's a FB page?

vCash

Yeah he had a mare of a month not just that game. But he averaged 7.60 before this last update, so i didnt see it coming.

vCash
    I suspect it had a lot to do with changing your defence

As for Oblak, even he can't stop chances when he has 5 greyed out players in front of him

Knoche How did I miss that!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Dream Team League - Season 11 - December

December is a notoriously busy month in the Dream Team League, particularly over the Christmas period where the football is really packed into a hectic schedule in England. For that reason, it's a shock to the supporters of Everton, Man City and Newcastle that their managers haven't submitted a team for this month which has resulted in strikes and invoked a solid 4-4-2 formation with the most lowest valued players selected in the starting XI. For einsi87 at Man City, this is a second strike in a row and if he does not submit for January, then Man City will have lost their manager before he has even got going!

3rd December
    Premier League
    Aston Villa 3:0 Everton
    Fulham 1:1 Portsmouth
    Hull 2:0 Ipswich
    Liverpool 4:1 Derby
    Man Utd 3:0 Man City
    Norwich 2:0 Crystal Palace
    Tottenham 0:2 Swansea

ebfatz's Norwich start the month well with a win that keeps them top of the league by two points, with Janis89 moving into 2nd place after winning the Manchester derby whilst a draw for trunky sees Portsmouth drop to 3rd. An 11th minute red card for Arturo Vidal sees AJ surrender the points to Redknapp69 who moves into 4th with AJ dropping to 6th thanks to AMC's win over Ipswich. Elsewhere, peaceboy goes 5 games without a win after a shocking performance at Liverpool.

Championship
    Plymouth 2:0 Leeds

A good win for pyromyst against Leeds who were once managed by Kaneman. Plymouth move to the top of the league in the process on goal difference but AFC Wimbledon do have 2 games in hand.

4th December
    Premier League
    Middlesbrough 0:0 Arsenal

Mark picks up a point against his former side who had a player sent off after 64 minutes. It seems that the Arsenal board aren't happy with the way things are going at the moment as Mark's job is currently slightly insecure.

Championship
    AFC Wimbledon 3:0 Blackburn

A solid win for drkshadow1 who returns to the summit of the Championship as Thorgan Hazard gets his 5th of the season and Britt Assombalonga gets number 15.

4th December
    Premier League
    West Ham 2:0 Southampton

Both teams have the same amount of chances but Dermotron's team have just one attempt on target to lose against unmanaged West Ham which leaves Southampton 10th.

6th December
    Champions League, Phase 2
    Tottenham 3:0 Sporting
    Aston Villa 3:1 Swansea

AJ makes it two out of two in Group C and Erkifino does likewise in Group D with a vital win over Redknapp69 whose Swansea team are 2nd on goal difference ahead of Dortmund.

7th December
    Champions League, Phase 2
    Man Utd 3:0 Barcelona
    Monaco 1:0 Southampton

A second defeat in three days for Dermotron puts Southampton 3rd in Group B. Meanwhile in Group A, Man Utd top their group with a second win in two games, Zlatan Ibrahimovic coming off the bench to score a 15th of the season.

8th December
    Europa League, Round of 32, Second Leg
    Portsmouth 2:0 West Ham (aet)
    Sevilla 0:5 Hull

Having lost 3:1 at West Ham in the first leg, trunky sees his side turn it around in timely fashion thanks to Yussuf Poulsen's 89th minute goal which took the game into extra time and saw the away goals rule come into play. Portsmouth join a rampant Hull in the next round after AMC goes through 6:0 on aggregate, Alexandre Lacazette scoring twice to make it 5 for the season.

9th December
    Championship
    Leicester 2:1 Plymouth

A shock defeat for pyromyst which is a 3rd for the season, leaving Plymouth just 1 point clear of 3rd place who have a game in hand.

10th December
    Premier League
    Arsenal 0:1 Aston Villa
    Derby 2:0 Tottenham
    Southampton 3:0 Newcastle

A brace from Gonzalo Higuain takes him to 20 goals for the season and ends a run of 3 games without a goal for Dermotron's Southampton who are now 9th. peaceboy also ends a bad run of 5 games without victory with a shock win over AJ. Derby are now 10th with Spurs still 6th. Erkifino also remains 7th after victory but Mark drops down to 17th as his side have now failed to find the net in 7 games.

Championship
    Q.P.R. 0:2 AFC Wimbledon

With Plymouth losing, drkshadow1 will be delighted to beat Q.P.R. in order to build up a 6 point gap over pyromyst and he still has a game in hand!

11th December
    Premier League
    Chelsea 0:1 Hull
    Everton 0:2 Man Utd
    Portsmouth 3:2 West Ham
    Swansea 1:0 Norwich

A 69th minute red card for Jordan Henderson is a blow for ebfatz, especially as Swansea scored 5 minutes later to earn Redknapp69 a win that puts Swansea 3rd. Victories too for Janis89, trunky and AMC also sees their team overtake Norwich who drop to 5th!

14th December
    FIFA Club World Cup, Semi Final
    Aston Villa 6:0 Brisbane Roar

Erkifino's side are entered into the Semi Final of the Club World Cup and give Brisbane Roar, who have just 2 players on the books, a thrashing despite having Raphael Varane sent off after 40 minutes. Thomas Muller gets a goal which puts him on 5 for the season, a brace is scored from Neymar who moves into doubles figures whilst Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang scores a hat-trick.

14th December
    Premier League
    Ipswich 1:3 Southampton

A second much needed win in a row for Dermotron who sees Raul Garcia score a 5th of the season. It moves Southampton into 8th.

League Cup, Quarter Final
    Norwich 2:4 West Ham
    Swansea 4:0 Middlesbrough

A hat-trick for Luis Suarez helps Redknapp69 to advance in a competition which he has never won before. Unfortunately, ebfatz will not get the chance to do likewise after being knocked out by West Ham despite taking a 2:0 lead.

17th December
    Premier League
    Fulham 1:2 Swansea
    Hull 3:0 Newcastle
    Norwich 0:2 Derby
    Portsmouth 1:1 Southampton
    Tottenham 3:0 Man City

A Carlos Bacca brace puts him on 15 for the season and with Man Utd not playing on this date, AMC sees Hull top the league table with Swansea 2nd following their win. Portsmouth drop to 3rd after being held to a draw by Southampton in a derby whilst ebfatz loses a second game in a row thanks to a Karim Benzema's 10th goal of the season helping peaceboy up to 9th. Meanwhile, AJ ends a run of 3 games without a win to keep Spurs 6th.

Championship
    Plymouth 2:0 Brentford
    Stoke 0:2 AFC Wimbledon

pyromyst returns to 2nd place after West Brom had overtaken Plymouth by winning their game in hand whilst drkshadow1 keep a healthy gap from 1st place, Ademola Lookman notching a 5th strike at Stoke.

18th December
    FIFA Club World Cup, Final
    Gremio 1:5 Aston Villa

Victory over a Gremio side containing 5 ex-DTL players confirms the Club World Championship for Erkifino who wins it for the first time, becoming only the second manager to do so after Janis89 won it 4 seasons ago.

19th December
    Premier League
    Man Utd 5:1 Arsenal

Janis89 returns to the top of the league by a point after defeating Mark who has now failed to win in 9 league games. His job was marked as 'insecure' at Arsenal and he was sacked following the game! Fortunately, the DTL Committee have stepped in to restore Mark to his post.

21st December
    Premier League
    Arsenal 2:4 Hull
    Chelsea 1:1 Southampton
    Crystal Palace 1:1 Tottenham
    Portsmouth 1:2 Norwich
    Swansea 3:0 Liverpool

Hull and Swansea record wins to move into 1st and 2nd with Janis89 playing elsewhere on the night. ebfatz stuns trunky with victory at Fratton Park that puts Norwich 4th and Portsmouth 5th. Domenico Berardi scores his 1st goal of the season to salvage a point for AJ that keeps him 6th and Dermotron moves up to 7th after Oscar did likewise with his 5th goal of the season for Southampton.

Championship
    AFC Wimbledon 4:1 Wolves
    Blackburn 1:1 Plymouth

A draw for pyromyst allows Sunderland to draw level with Plymouth although they do stay 2nd for the time being. However, AFC Wimbledon are now 8 points clear with a game in hand.

League Cup, Quarter Final
    Man Utd 2:0 Aston Villa

Erkifino is knocked out of the League Cup with Janis89 only winning the tie thanks to two goals in extra-time from Pedro and Paul Pogba.

26th December
    Premier League
    Arsenal 2:2 Newcastle
    Derby 0:2 Aston Villa
    Everton 0:2 Hull
    Fulham 1:3 Southampton
    Portsmouth 1:1 Tottenham
    Swansea 2:2 Man Utd
    West Ham 3:0 Norwich

Hull's win at Everton moves them top of the table thanks to Janis89 being held to a draw at Swansea which actually puts Redknapp69 2nd with Man Utd 3rd. Interestingly, Swansea were 2:0 up when Thiago Silva was sent off for Janis89 but instead of going on to dominate, Man Utd equalised in the 90th minute! Norwich miss the opportunity to close the gap at the top but instead lose to West Ham again this month whilst trunky and AJ play out a draw that keeps them 5th and 6th. A thumping win for Dermotron sees Southampton build on their 7th place but Derby lose to Aston Villa which means Erkifino is 9th but has 3 games in hand after participating in the FIFA Club World Championship.

Championship
    AFC Wimbledon 3:0 Barnsley
    Burnley 2:2 Plymouth

Another draw for pyromyst means that Plymouth have now won just twice in 8 games. They stay 2nd on goal difference for now but it looks like there will be no catching drkshadow1 who is now 10 points ahead after winning 3:0 despite Marko Arnautovic being sent off after just a minute.

28th December
    Championship
    Preston 0:5 AFC Wimbledon

Make that 13 points clear for drkshadow1 who sees Diego Perotti score a brace to move into double figures for the season.

31st December
    Premier League
    Aston Villa 2:0 Portsmouth
    Hull 1:1 Swansea
    Man Utd 1:1 West Ham
    Newcastle 1:2 Derby
    Southampton 2:1 Arsenal
    Tottenham 0:0 Norwich

Hull and Swansea both draw but surprisingly stay 1st and 2nd as Janis89 is also held to a draw against West Ham who equalised in the last minute. Staying 4th is Norwich after a bore draw at White Hart Lane but AJ drops to 8th in the process. trunky loses at Aston Villa with both teams staying in 5th and 9th respectively. But Southampton's win against Arsenal keeps Mark 17th and Dermotron up to 6th. Also staying where they are is Derby despite peaceboy recording a win over Newcastle.

Championship
    AFC Wimbledon 1:0 Huddersfield
    Q.P.R. 1:1 Plymouth

They really have lost their ability to grind out wins recently as pyromyst records another draw. This time, Sunderland do overtake them and Plymouth are now 3rd, some 15 points behind AFC Wimbledon who are enjoying an 11 match unbeaten run.

The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Can't get much of a better month for Hull, only blemish being that draw with Swansea but I'd take that!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Can't get much of a better month for Hull, only blemish being that draw with Swansea but I'd take that!
    Just got to keep an eye Erkifino! Goes level if he wins all of his games in hand.
    The Alphabet Game #3

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Up there in the league with the fewest defeats I think.

Beating Villa is always good. Being in the quarterfinal of the cup makes it even better.

Bring on the next month!

Edit fu Hull and Villa

vCash
    1 win, 3 draws and 2 loses. That will teach me to not check at least once with a new formation! Great write up as usual Markus.

vCash
    Normal service restored at Norwich.

Awful month considering what has come before.

vCash
    Shocking month for my boys. a major shake up required me thinks.

vCash
    Something must have happened Pyro maybe you picked up injuries through the month. Delighted with my team effort. Need to not slip up

20. The Following User Says Thank You to drkshadow1 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Massive month to write up there Mark

Undefeated in the league - 4 wins and 2 draws

Playing the likes of AJ/Janis and AMC I'll certainly take that

Moved up to 2nd and going well now

Dissapointed to lose in CL but hopefully we can progress

Delighted to go well in League Cup and would love a bit of early silverware

Ooooooof - loooking at the save - 4 injuries and suspensions to first XI players

AJ away - we didn't even give them a shot on goal. Lewa on fire - Chuffed with that as alwas a tough game v Spurs

Not really sure how I lost in a tight CL game v Erk but Sven Bender had a shocker v Neymark which was probably the key area of difference - Lets turn the tables in the home game

Deserved win v Ebfatz's Englishmen

Battered Boro' in the League Cup Quartes and we await Trunky's boys in the Semi's. Janis89 arguable the easier tie vs a managerless West Ham (to be fair the Hammers were a long time my bogey team!)

Fraser Forster nearly superkeepered us at Craven Cottage but we got our just desserts in the result

Bit of a flattering 3-0 win over my beloved Liverpool but we were the better side

Sooooooooooooooooooo frsutrating to draw to Janis with Ibra scoring in last minute when they were 2-0 down with men mad:

Also frsutrating against AMC away from home - His GK gets a 9 raing in a game where we were by far the better team. Looking at that its a few points dropped against direct rivals

Hectic month ahead with participation in 2 cup coms and to continue to fight for those valuable league points!

vCash
    15 managers involved and only 7 of you have commented on the last update I posted for you despite it being 2 weeks.

Nice one lads, may keep this next one short
    The Alphabet Game #3

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Dream Team League - Season 11 - January

No submissions from einsi87 and rakanj so both get a strike. It's a third strike for einsi87 so Man City aer now managerless.

4th January
    Premier League
    Arsenal 2:0 Ipswich
    Crystal Palace 1:3 Aston Villa
    Derby 2:0 Hull
    Fulham 1:1 Tottenham
    Man City 2:3 Newcastle
    Norwich 3:2 Southampton
    Portsmouth 2:0 Man Utd
    Swansea 2:0 Middlesbrough

Championship
    Birmingham 0:1 AFC Wimbledon
    Plymouth 2:3 Sheff Wed

7th January
    FA Cup, Third Round
    Arsenal 3:1 Oldham
    Aston Villa 4:0 Brentford
    Derby 4:0 Dag & Red
    Everton 0:0 Man Utd
    Hull 3:0 Man City
    Liverpool 3:1 AFC Wimbledon
    Newcastle 2:0 Q.P.R.
    Plymouth 3:2 Norwich
    Portsmouth 3:0 Ipswich
    Southampton 4:0 Burton Albion
    Swansea 2:1 Swindon
    Tottenham 4:0 Watford

11th January
    Premier League
    West Ham 2:1 Tottenham
    Aston Villa 2:1 Derby

14th January
    Premier League
    Aston Villa 1:2 Swansea
    Chelsea 2:3 Arsenal
    Hull 1:1 Man City
    Man Utd 1:0 Crystal Palace
    Middlesbrough 1:1 Derby
    Norwich 0:2 Fulham
    Southampton 2:0 Ipswich

Championship
    AFC Wimbledon 4:1 Brighton
    Barnsley 0:2 Plymouth

15th January
    Premier League
    Newcastle 1:1 Everton
    Tottenham 0:1 West Ham

16th January
    Premier League
    Liverpool 0:2 Portsmouth

18th January
    Premier League
    Man City 1:0 Aston Villa

FA Cup, Third Round Replay
    Man Utd 3:0 Everton

21st January
    Premier League
    Crystal Palace 0:0 Hull
    Everton 2:1 Arsenal
    Fulham 2:2 Man Utd
    Portsmouth 3:0 Middlesbrough
    Swansea 1:0 Newcastle
    West Ham 0:1 Aston Villa

Championship
    Plymouth 4:1 Nottm Forest

22nd January
    Premier League
    Norwich 3:2 Liverpool
    Tottenham 0:1 Southampton

Championship
    Leeds 0:2 AFC Wimbledon

23rd January
    Premier League
    Derby 2:0 Chelsea

25th January
    Premier League
    Aston Villa 3:0 Ipswich

League Cup, Semi Final, First Leg
    Man Utd 1:1 West Ham
    Portsmouth 0:1 Swansea

28th January
    FA Cup, Fourth Round
    Aston Villa 0:0 Southampton
    Charlton 0:0 Plymouth
    Derby 1:1 Crystal Palace
    Fleetwood 0:4 Hull
    Huddersfield 0:3 Man Utd
    Newcastle 2:0 Accrington
    Portsmouth 2:2 Stoke
    Swansea 4:0 Sunderland
    Tottenham 3:2 Chelsea

30th January
    Premier League
    Middlesbrough 0:2 Norwich

The Alphabet Game #3

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Falling behind in the league but doing well in cups.

Too small squad perhaps?

Thanks for the update Mark

vCash
    Hmmmmmm

Looks like I missed Bacca and Lacazette up front with both injured, and in Strootman's absence maybe I should have gone with Luis Gustavo in there rather than 5 attacking midfielders.

vCash
    After being sacked last month, I'm glad things have improved for me this time around. Mainly because I took on CPU opposition.

2:0 victory over Ipswich was largely thanks to 2 red cards for them but the win at Chelsea was a big one. Unfortunately, we couldn't take advantage of rakanj's absence to beat Everton though. That keeps me in 17th but 3 points clear of the relegation spots as opposed to just the 1 this time last month.

Solid win over Oldham in the FA Cup too. Don't expect to go far but we have Wolves next so hopefully make the 5th round.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Janis89 View Post

Too small squad perhaps?

Yeah big defeat to Portsmouth for you, stats in your favour as well. Squad should be one of the best around, think you kept Marchisio in XI even though he was injured.

Hmmmmmm

Looks like I missed Bacca and Lacazette up front with both injured, and in Strootman's absence maybe I should have gone with Luis Gustavo in there rather than 5 attacking midfielders.
    Unbeaten in 4 now though, conceding just the once. Looks like both strikers are fit again now.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Janis89 View Post

Too small squad perhaps?

Same here! Newcastle playing poorly but not in the cup.

vCash
    Bloody hell - we won EVERY game that month!

2 good FA Cup wins and a vital away win in League Cup semi v Trunky's boys - away goal as well!

And all wins in the league - delighted with that - busting to see see the save

League
    2-0 H WIN v Boro - very tight game actually but we were thankfully clinical
    2-1 A WIN v Villa - A HUGE game and the boys played awesome. A deserved win against a top team!
    1-0 H WIN v NEwcastle - battered them in all honesty and should have been more

FA Cup
    2-1 H WIN v Swindon - looked closer than it really was - should have been a bigger scoreline
    4-0 H WIN v Sunderland. Mullered them!

Another win game for us in 5th round v Arsenal or Wolves

League Cup S/F 1st Leg
    1-0 WIN A v Portsmouth. A fair scoreline to the game where we were the better team but looked a hard fought game

Another huge month coming up with back to back CL games v benfica where we need at least 4 points after losing to Erk's Villa who are same group, 3-4 kleague games and the huge 2nd Leg in league Cup

Good stuff Marko !
    Last edited by Redknapp69; 23-08-17 at 12:41 PM.

AJ is online now Member of the Month
    Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Pffffff. That was a very bad month. Losing twice to West Ham in 4 days fucked me right up.

Is it me or does the assman really dont give a fuck about what I tell him about the line up?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast