Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salut!

vCash

Salut!

Hello fellas, I'm Marcel and I come from Poland. I've never played this game but became interested in it and want to try it. I'm downloading the game atm. I've been a FM addict tho - played FM10-16 but recently have grown tired of it. Want to try something different.

Besides that, I'm a metalhead and music addict in general. Hope to hear from you guys! This forum seems to be a great place for me and I wish I had registered earlier.

Cheers!

vCash
    Another Polish guy on board.

AJ is online now Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Vipers Striker Extraordinaire
    vCash
    Welcome home bro. Have more PIVOOOOOO!

vCash
    Welcome to the site!~

This is a superb game! If you have any questions, let us know!

Do you know how to install the game and the patches?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks for being interested in helping me out @samsami! I installed the game without any problems, had to alter the compatibility as I had that problem with memory while trying to create new game. I haven't installed any patches though. I guess I can't play this game, I chose Parma and could not win with KR team from Iceland . My team can't score many goals and I have troubles with signing players (almost every player I make a bid for is 'indispensable' for that club and they do not wish to sell him. Also having an injury plague at the very beginning of my Serie A journey. Pretty strange. It's the toughest CM game I've ever played. Hopefully will get some piece of advice from you!

vCash
    Don't say toughest CM game as there are tougher ones out there (from memory CM3, CM00/01)

Espada? I take u like Bleach too huh? (or was it just a random name meaning Spade in Spanish? XD)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Thanks for being interested in helping me out @samsami! I installed the game without any problems, had to alter the compatibility as I had that problem with memory while trying to create new game. I haven't installed any patches though. I guess I can't play this game, I chose Parma and could not win with KR team from Iceland . My team can't score many goals and I have troubles with signing players (almost every player I make a bid for is 'indispensable' for that club and they do not wish to sell him. Also having an injury plague at the very beginning of my Serie A journey. Pretty strange. It's the toughest CM game I've ever played. Hopefully will get some piece of advice from you!
    But you have installed the essential 3.9.68 patch, I hope?

The game and the 3.9.68 patch need to be installed first. The rest is optional.
    Of course the April 2017 Data Update is needed to have the most recent players.
    Competition renaming patch is nice.
    Tapani patch and Saturn patch are also very useful.

vCash
    Nope, I haven't installed it. I have 3.9.60 version. Would love to get some more help from you, what does that patch change? Also, why can't I win with such weak teams like Iceland runners-up?

Don't say toughest CM game as there are tougher ones out there (from memory CM3, CM00/01)

Espada? I take u like Bleach too huh? (or was it just a random name meaning Spade in Spanish? XD)
    Haha, I've always used this nickname in a game called Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory and it remained like that.

vCash
    Nope, I haven't installed it. I have 3.9.60 version. Would love to get some more help from you, what does that patch change? Also, why can't I win with such weak teams like Iceland runners-up?
    Okay, it is the SI Games Official Patch - v3.9.68 which you REALLY need to install because it has bug fixes:

http://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=3

The link above gives you more details.

The other patches are only needed if you want to today's players:

http://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=292

And if you want to be able to start in 2016 you need this:

http://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=294

vCash
    Also, why can't I win with such weak teams like Iceland runners-up?
    I assume you (and the computer also) are using the default tactics?

That gives a good balance so try different default tactics first. Stay with your tactic so the players get used to it.

(There is a way to change your tactics, called Wib/Wob, by changing player positions with the ball and without the ball, but don't worry about that now)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    I assume you (and the computer also) are using the default tactics?

That gives a good balance so try different default tactics first. Stay with your tactic so the players get used to it.

(There is a way to change your tactics, called Wib/Wob, by changing player positions with the ball and without the ball, but don't worry about that now)
    You are my mentor man, love reading your stories especially your tenure with Feyenoord. However, I'd like to stick to old squads as I am really nostalgic about bygone days and would like to achieve something with Parma, but am currently disenchanted with 2 shots per game, lol.

vCash
    You are my mentor man, love reading your stories especially your tenure with Feyenoord. However, I'd like to stick to old squads as I am really nostalgic about bygone days and would like to achieve something with Parma, but am currently disenchanted with 2 shots per game, lol.
    Thanks!

The best tactic is to have a DMC (a defensive central midfielder who supports the defence and the attackers).

My stories are (1) Feyenoord ; (2) Spurs and (3) and (4) Saints as you see in my signature below, and my current story with daily updates is The Comeback of Samsami which you can see when you click on Quick Links and then Today's Posts.

I always use a DMC who is often my key player.

vCash
    Today I've taken up Kaiserslautern and hoped for a good season, meanwhile I'm 13th and the board wants to sack me. I barely score any goals and I lost 5:0 to Dortmund. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I used to master every FM game and won Champions League several times. This game, however, seems to vanquish me.

vCash

Sounds like you're enjoying yourself already

vCash
    Today I've taken up Kaiserslautern and hoped for a good season, meanwhile I'm 13th and the board wants to sack me. I barely score any goals and I lost 5:0 to Dortmund. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I used to master every FM game and won Champions League several times. This game, however, seems to vanquish me.
    Give your team time! How many games have you played?

vCash
    Give your team time! How many games have you played?
    Like 13 :\. That's pretty many and fans are mad with me. The 5:0 thrashing by Borrussia was pretty awful tho. And I tend to have a much worse game when I'm an away team.

vCash
    Can you try and see how Feyenoord does? Just for testing purposes. With the 01/02 team they should be in the title race with Ajax and PSV.

vCash
    Welcome! Glad to see you're settling in nicely and getting help from samsami
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Like 13 :\. That's pretty many and fans are mad with me. The 5:0 thrashing by Borrussia was pretty awful tho. And I tend to have a much worse game when I'm an away team.
    Have you set your team instructions like this?

This is generally considered the most effective, although hard tackling results in more cards and injuries so you may want to change that to normal once you are winning the match.

vCash

vCash
    Can you try and see how Feyenoord does? Just for testing purposes. With the 01/02 team they should be in the title race with Ajax and PSV.
    Yeah of course, here it comes:

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Espada For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I also wanted to ask how do you get player's best attributes highlighted? It simplifies considering player's level significantly, I'd say.

vCash
    as in coloured? Tapani or Saturn patch

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks a lot. I have a few more questions concerning the game. Are there newgens in this CM? How can I see my players develop? Do injuries affect attributes of players? Does value of a given player increase/decrease depending on his performances? I know it's a lot of questions, but I'm an absolute rookie when it comes to this game .

vCash
    Think about it as old FM game back in prehistoric times xD. The answer should be simple.

There are no newgens, but regens of old players. The players develop when training. Injuries DON'T affect attributes in significant manner imo, player values increase depending on performances and decrease based on player age or how much he is playing.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to info0 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast