Thread: Saved games not showing

vCash

CM Scout 2.0 not showing the latest save game?

Hello!

I'm currently enjoying CM0102 with the april data update, so I'd like to start of with a huge thank you to all who made that possible!

That said, I'm having some issues with CM Scout (don't judge ). I'm saving my game in the default folder (C:\Program Files (X86)\Championship Manager 01-02\), where I currently have a save-game called 'se.sav'. When I open that folder in CM Scout, I can see the file and it is indeed the one I'm playing at... but it's an old version (?).

I've saved the game called se.sav right now (9:50 18th of July), but when I open CM Scout and browse to the folder, it shows that the latest change-date for the file is more than 24 hours ago, and all the data that CM Scout is showing me is outdated as well. Has anyone seen that before? It's not a gamebreaking issue for me, since it's just a scouting program, but I'm really curious about this

I tried attaching pictures, but it claimed that jpgs and pngs weren't valid image files for some reason, so here are a few links:

First of, what CM Scout shows: http://imgur.com/VzAWKKn

Then, what Explorer shows: http://imgur.com/1sEveX2

What is also curious is that a test.sav I made is updating just fine... any ideas?!

vCash
    Just for testing purposes, I tried downloading Graeme Kellys savegame editor. It has the exact the same issue!?

This is getting weird!

vCash
    Another update:

I tried renaming the save-game and it showed up in CM Scout with the correct modification date, the correct data and so on... but the old save-game is still being shown, so I now have two versions. The original that hasn't been updated in 26 hours and the one I just renamed, which doesn't even exist on my disk anymore.

I'm gonna put this down as a Windows 10 caching-oddity, I think.

vCash
    Run cm0102.exe as administrator.

The most up to date version on the file will be in a folder called VirtualStore (it's created when you aren't the admin on the pc)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Run cm0102.exe as administrator.

The most up to date version on the file will be in a folder called VirtualStore (it's created when you aren't the admin on the pc)
    CM0102.exe is already set to run as administrator (via compability settings). After renaming the file, I haven't had any issues with this. It makes little sense to me.

vCash
    If you check in the Virtual Store, I bet you will find the other save games
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    Huh. That's true. I've never heard of Virtual Store before. I learned something today!

vCash

Saved games not showing

Hello everyone,

I had a look around and couldn't find any answers, so forgive me for starting a new thread.

I have installed CM01-02 plus the latest official patch and it runs absolutely without any issues. However, I can't find my saved games. They claim to be saved in the Champ Man folder in Program Files, but there's nothing there. I can load them in-game, but would like to be able to manipulate saves using editors etc.

I saw that for Windows 7, there was an option to show Compatability Files, something along those lines... is there an equivalent for Win10?

vCash
    Are you looking in correct program filex (x86 might be the one?)

Have you searched your computer for the save game?

Hidden files? (threads on theat here somewhere)