Thread: Editing CM97/98

vCash

Editing CM97/98

I got CM 97/98 v2.93 GBR. I'm doing some changes in database, creating new players, etc. But I realized when I create more players than the original DB has, then they don't appear when starting a new game, unless I delete some existing players. So the DB always need to have certain number of players. Does anyone know if is possible to change it? Any solution?

Another question: is it possible to change the start year of the game? (Using a Hex editor)

vCash
    I think they have bigger chance to appear, when they are from selected league, but probably not all. There are upper limits for each DB which exceeding may crash the came (for players it was 22000 if I remember correctly. Otherwise it's some random stuff, which players are selected. When I made Estonian League and added around 500 players they all appeared, when Estonian League was selected. Just testing it from other league: (Spanish)

Edit: Test results- 30 Estonians loaded and some of them are from my addings. I don't remember, did I delete some other players or not earlier.

Changing startyear has been one of my dreams, but hadn't found working way for that. Only way is changing it on savegame (with Time Traveller tool or hex editor), which makes lot of crap as cups stop working, transferred players can't play etc. Even in earlier CM2 versions I didn't find any hexadecimal-coded links to close years with Olly.
    Last edited by Balthazor; 22-08-17 at 12:17 PM.