Thread: Tactics on .60 vs on .68

vCash

Tactics on .60 vs on .68

I have a question that i've been meaning to ask for some time now.

Everywhere on here I read that it's better to install the patch that updates your version from .60 to .68. I don't use patches or databases because I grew up with the original game and players so I'm a bit nostalgic. What i do wonder is if tactics perfom different (worse/better) on version .68 then on .60? Is there anything different in the match engines of both versions or is it mainly bugfixes that have nothing to do with the match engine?

Maybe this has been asked and answered already, but couldn't find anything on it.

Thanks in advance!

vCash
    It is mainly bug fixes, but there are a few tweeks to the way the game plays. For instance there are far fewer free-kicks blocked by the wall.

Tactics perform exactly the same.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I disagree tacs don't perform the same tbh.

3.60 is harder to win in than 3.68.

In 3.60 2 striker formations perform better than in 3.68 which prefers loan strikers.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thank you for your answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    In 3.60 2 striker formations perform better than in 3.68 which prefers loan strikers.
    I think you mean 'lone strikers' like in 1 striker, cuz preferring 'loan strikers' would not make any sense! If it did it would save me loads of money though!

Do you think IodineCF (my favorite wibwob tactic so far in CM, thank you for that!) performs better in .68 then?

vCash

And I disagree with you. If you look in the Championship Manager 01-02 folder you will see a file changes.txt. Open that you will see all of the fixes between the original release and .68. Any performance differences are a figment of your imagination.

And Iodine CF will destroy everyone no mater what version of CM 01-02 you are playing.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    And Iodine CF will destroy everyone no mater what version of CM 01-02 you are playing.
    I agree with you on the 'destroy everyone' part. I used to play without wib/wob and was quite succesful with my own Christmas Tree and 442 tactics. But then one day I accidently discovered IodineCF and was hooked ever since. Recently I've gone back to non wib/wob tactics, but I can't cope with it anymore. The inconsistency compared to IodineCF is driving me crazy! I sometimes wish that I've never found that tactic.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GFRay86 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    See I love all that, maybe I am mistaken but that was my belief, certainly in 0001, the difference between the patches killed tactics and massive SADLY any iodine tactics are just bang average in 0001 which is what I love about 0001.

Thing is I love winning but 0102 took away the opportunity to realistically move around as a manager, the whole point of a management game

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

vCash

so as an avid ODB player I should be using 4132 and / or 442 to be more successful??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SRW1977 View Post
    so as an avid ODB player I should be using 4132 and / or 442 to be more successful??
    No, a 1 striker tactic performs best in CM3 series.

I just meant that 2 strikers tactics performed better in 3.60 than they did 3.68 imo, though other disagree so who knows

vCash
    Thing is I love winning but 0102 took away the opportunity to realistically move around as a manager, the whole point of a management game
    This hasn't been the case for over 2 years though thanks to the work done in the patches forum. Moving around is a doddle