Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Rise of K-League

vCash

The Rise of K-League

Welcome to the brand new football show K-League Football Night, I'm your host Thepsi and I will bring you in on the action right away! It's Saturday afternoon, the 11th of February 2017 in Seoul and a press conference is just taking place with Chung Mong-gyu - the president of the korean football association who earlier said that he will make an announcement that will change Korean football forever. We're getting straight to Chung to see what he has to say about the future of korean football.

"It's only four months away to the 36th season of our beloved K-League but I am looking at it with great concern. Our great success with the korean national team from the World Cup in 2002 have started to fade and people are forgetting. We are losing attendance for every season and we need to change that immediately!"

President Chung Mong-gyu holding the press conference

"That's why I will present to you now, the BRAND NEW EXCITING K-LEAGUE!"

The league will again be locked again like it was in our golden years of 2002/2003 and it will be represented by the following teams:

FC Seoul
    Gwangju FC
    Incheon United
    Jeju United
    Jeonbuk Motors
    Jeonnam Dragons
    Pohang Steelers
    Sangju Sangmu
    Suwon Bluewings
    Ulsan Hyundai

"Now to the really exciting parts, since we need to get some stardom to this league, I as president of the korean football association have managed to get 10 of THE BEST MANAGERS IN THE WORLD to manage and give their all for one of the teams in K-League!"

The whole room went silent, and every journalist started to think that the good old Chung is not kidding this time, he really wants to put the K-league on the football map this time around, one of the journalists at the back almost choked on the fizzling hot kimchi he was about to swallow.

"...and that's not all, we're gonna have a SUPERSTAR-draft, all new squad rules, tactic rules, transfer rules, more prize money and the brand new show K-League Football Night with Thepsi giving you in-depth statistics, live coverage, game of the week specials and much more!"

The temperature started to rise, people started to whisper to one another. This was actually something really exciting, what would happen next? What's a superstar draft? Will South Korea conquer the world of football this time!?

" I know you probably have a lot of question, and I will release the details of everything after this press conference, but now for the fun part. Let's introduce you to the 10 managers who will battle out for the K-League Championship 2017!

Let me first introduce you to the new manager of Jeonbuk Motors: José Mouriiiiinho!!

The crowd went wild! Journalists couldn't believe their eyes when Mourinho stepped into the conference, is this real!? The questions where many, why? When? How?

"Well, let's just say that Chung gave me an offer I couldn't refuse, I look forward to the stay here in South Korea and make K-League the best league in the world. Chung does not lack ambition I must say, and that's why he could hire such a star like myself" He then went on talking about korean food and that he probably will feel very good about himself during the after-game talks in the locker room in Jeonbuk.

Superstar manager Mourinho

Next manager was Swedish legend Lasse Lagerbäck, taking over Pohang Steelers. Japanese manager Roy Ramus was introduced as the new manager for last years champions FC Seoul to some surprise and then the next big manager came out. No other than Pep Guardiola! The crowd went wild again as Mourinho looked pretty annoyed. "Did Pep actually got a bigger pop than me? Naaah, can't believe that, I'm gonna show them who's the champ anyways."

Pep leaned over the mic, telling which team he was gonna manage: Sangju Sangmu. "I will take this promising team to new heights, taking over first Korea, then asia, then the world" He then went on presenting the next manager, who he many times have recalled as the best manager in the world. No other than 'Loco' Bielsa who you will see making the calls in Gwangju FC. The conference went on with great names coming out to the podium, presenting themselves and their new team. The Korean Football Association had gathered a somewhat of a motley manager crew with Maurizio Sarri (Jeju Utd), Harry Redknapp (Suwon BW), Zdenek Zeman (Ulsan Hyundai), Choi Yong-soo (Incheon) and no other than german manager Felix Magath (Jeonnam Dragons).

This will sure be the most exciting season of K-League ever with a lot of great rivalries already starting to grow and much more news to come until the premiere Saturday 17 June 2017.

"That's all for today ladies and gentleman, next week we will meet again for the great HOMECOMING SUPERSTAR DRAFT - taking place right here in Seoul. In the meantime I will send out a press release with all the new rules of K-League. Have a nice day and please spread the world about the all new K-League. FIGHTING!"

Back to the studio - K-League Football Night
    "That was the last words from president Chung, leaving the building a long with the new managers, all of them getting ready for pre-season. Well, this will sure be something and I'm really excited, we at K-League Football Night will bring you all the news you will need to know to follow the upgraded K-League! You surely feel the temperature for football rising here immediately. Thanks for watching and good night everyone, see you around for the Homecoming Superstar Draft."

Korean fans getting excited

The rules sent out in a press release from the korean football association after the conference:

Spoiler!

Full list of teams/managers in K-League
    Spoiler!

Last edited by ThePsi; 08-08-17 at 05:55 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePsi For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Interesting concept. How are you going to work that Draft system ?
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nice! I'll keep an eye on this
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash

The Rise of K-League - Homecoming Draft

Saturday 18.02.2017 - Olympic Gymnastics Arena, Seoul

Welcome to K-Leagues first and only HOMECOMING SUPERSTAR DRAFT! I'm your host Thepsi and this is K-League Football Night, commenting live from the draft.

Every team can choose any korean football player playing outside of South Korea to take him home to the K-League, giving it the star power that it so much deserves and needs. This evening will not only reveal which new players that are coming to us, but also which tactics the managers have been given for the season and I promise you, everyone will not be so happy!

The last season standings:

Making Incheon United and Choi Yong-soo the first manager to pick anyone he wants.

Choi made it out on stage to a huge audience cheering his name, he is the only korean manager in K-League now and will have the fans behind his back all season.

"Thank you, it's a huge honor for me to be here as the only korean manager and I will try not to let you all down. The board have asked me to improve my squad as a goal for the season and improve I will. There is one korean player being better than anyone in the sport right now, so the choice for me was simple and you all probably know who he is. Let me introduce you all to Incheons newest addition and our new star player...."

Pick #1 - Son Heung-min, 24 years, FRLC (Incheon United)

This surely puts Incheon in a way better position this year! It will be interesting to follow what Choi will do next, he now has the best player in South Korea that he can build his team around so it's utterly important that he makes some good transfers before the season starts, then Incheon could be a serious contender for the championship.

Next up is Swedish trainer Lasse Lagerbäck and Pohang Steelers.

"This was not a easy choice, I have scouted for a whole week, watching over 30 matches in one week and it sure was not easy. I also got to know which tactic I will have to use this season, which made it a little bit easier and Pohang was lacking some really good wingers. So my choice is..."

Pick #2 - Lee Chung-yong, 28 years, AMRL (Pohang Steelers)

This is just a great pick, there maybe is some more interesting ones to choose but I think Lagerbäck wants to go for a safe and experienced pick. As he also needs a good winger. Lee Chung-yong is the perfect choice, who have made an impact in football Europe.

'Loco' Bielsa entered and presented his choice. "I want some new and fresh faces in the K-League, going for a youngster who has the world of football at his feet, I introduce to you, Gwangju's future superstar:"

Pick #3 - Lee Seung-woo, 19 years, FC (Gwangju FC)

Lee Seung-woo! Coming in from Barcelona! Loco making a risky choice but if Lee becomes the new Messi that many says he can be, there will be no stop in Gwangju, but is Lee ready to lead a team? Anyway, it's a very good pick.

Pick #4 - Ki Sung-yong, 28 years, DMC (Suwon Bluewings)

Pick #5 - Ji Dong-won, 25 years, SC (Sangju Sanmu)

Pick #6 - Kim Seung-gyu, 26 years, GK (Jeonnam Dragons)

Pick #7 - Koo Ja-cheol, 27 years, AMRC (Ulsan Hyundai)

Pick #8 - Paik Seung-ho, 19 years, AMRC (Jeju United)

Pick #9 - Hwang Hee-chan, 21 years, FRC (Jeonbuk Motors)

Pick #10 - Kim Young-gwon, 26 years, DC (FC Seoul)

Some very good picks here, really raising the bar of the K-League already. A little surprise that Koo Ja-cheol didn't get picked until Ulsan and Zeman laid their hands on him, which they must be quite happy about. Redknapp managed to get experienced Ki Sung-yong must also be one of the best picks today. FC Seoul getting the only defender, but I've heard that they sure need it too which brings me to the tactics. As you know, the korean football association gives every manager a random tactic that they need to use for one whole season. This tactic also follows them if they change team, so I hope that the managers crossed they fingers, you don't want the sweeper formation the first season.

TACTICS

FC Seoul (Ruy Ramos) - Sweeper

Gwangju FC ('Loco' Bielsa) - 3-4-3

Incheon United (Choi Yong-soo) - 4-4-2 Attacking

Jeju United (Maurizio Sarri) - 5-3-2 Defensive

Jeonbuk Motors (Mourinho) - 4-2-4

Jeonnam Dragons (Felix Magath) - 4-4-2

Pohang Steelers (Lasse Lagerbäck) - 3-5-2

Sangju Sanmu (Pep Guardiola) - 4-3-3

Suwon Bluewings (Harry Redknapp) - 4-4-2 Defensive

Ulsan Hyundai (Zdenek Zeman) - 5-3-2

That was all the tactics for this season and the Sweeper formation was the first one to come up. With me here I've the manager of FC Seoul, Ruy Ramos.

-Ramos, you were the last one to get to choose a homecoming player as well as getting the dreaded sweeper formation, what are your feelings right now?

- Well, Thepsi isn't this just great!? We are the champions, I am the greatest trainer in Asia of all time. Of course the korean association will do anything to get in our way. Why would they even have the rule of choosing what tactic I should play with? This whole thing stinks a long way. But FC Seoul are the reigning champions, I AM THE GREATEST TRAINER IN ASIA and I will make sure that the K-League championship will once again get home where it belongs. I also have some really exciting players coming in to the team, as well as an experienced sweeper so don't count us out. The football association can try all they want, but I am on a quest for THAT championship.

Not at all satisified, but Ramos seems to have gotten som fuel for this season. The homecoming draft is over and it has sure been a fantastic night, the tactics are in. Now the managers will travel back to their town, getting ready for the K-League starting in June. This is all from K-League Football Night today, we will be back with the latest transfers, rumors and drama revolving K-League. Thank you for tuning in!

Last edited by ThePsi; 08-08-17 at 11:18 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePsi For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    Interesting concept. How are you going to work that Draft system ?
    The Homecoming Draft was already fixed in the Editor before starting the save, I've done some preparations with rules and how I will approach this story for a week or two since I've never done this before. The drafts that can be between the teams are a little bit trickier, but I am trying to do it as realistic as I can and it will be based on value or how famous they are as well as if they are a star player or not.

Since I've a limit of 33 players in the squad and some teams have over 40 players and some teams have under 25, the managers can "help each other out" by trading 3 for 1 or 2 for 1. They can also give away they players if they really need to, but then the value of the player must be under £250.000.

Some other things I've changed is that I've put up the league rep to 17 as well as every team getting 15 in rep. Just to avoid star players like Son leaving for bigger clubs and I will be able to get some European players as well as the Chinese teams do. But I took the limit to 1 foreign purchase per season because I still want it to be a korean league.

vCash
    Ramos looks a bit big headed

I like Harry Redknapp's pick.

Didn't realise Ji-Dong Won is only 25.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

vCash
    Keeping an eye on this - an fresh interesting story

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Ramos looks a bit big headed

I like Harry Redknapp's pick.

Didn't realise Ji-Dong Won is only 25.
    Haha yes. Interesting character that one, I don't think this is the last you will hear from him either.

Yes, Redknapp made a wise choise, especially with that formation he will be using. Also just signed his first foreign player which is a good one but won't spoil who until the next update

vCash

The Rise of K-League - Cup Winners Cup & Transfer News Pt. 1

Saturday 1 April, 2017

Good evening and welcome to another episode of K-League Football Night!

It's been a thrilling start of the pre-season and a lot has happened in the transfer window that closed last night. Today we will go through the biggest transfers, which manager came out best and what expectations we have on the new players joining K-League.

FC Seoul also played their first two games last week when they met Chinese team Guangzhou R&F in the quarter finals of the Cup Winners Cup. A prestigious title to win and it would send a clear message to the other teams in the league that Ramos & co is serious contenders for the title even if they use the sweeper formation. This is also the first time we see it in action, getting a little taste before it all starts. An in-depth look on those two games is coming right after the transfer talk. But first let me introduce our first guest in this program: Ladies and gentlemen, please give him a warm welcome, the football legend from World Cup 2002: Ahn Jung-Hwan!

Ahn - special guest for tonight

- Welcome to the show Ahn.
    - Thank you, it's good to be here, and it will be plenty of fun discussing the transfer window.

Yes, a lot has happened this transfer window where every team has bought some players and everyone used their foreign buy for the season. A lot of foreign players have also been sold or released to make room for a little bit more star power.

Ahn: - A lot of good guys have had to leave unfortunately, but it's very important when the league has gone through such a big change that every team tags a long and do the right transfers and sales immediately or else you will find yourself at the bottom of the table directly.

First out to buy a player was FC Seoul, and what a buy that was! No other than Marco van Ginkel from Chelsea for a £3.3 million transfer fee, also being the biggest fee paid for a player this transfer window.

Ahn: van Ginkel is certainly a very good buy, but will he adjust to the south korean lifestyle? He has already got some national team experience with Netherlands and will probably play some internationals during the season. If he does, there is a huge risk that he will miss out on important matches, but I hope and believe that he will turn out as one of the most important players for Ramos.

FC Seoul did 4 more buys from the korean lower leagues, where the striker Kim Dong-sub from Busan stood out as a really good buy for only £160.000

Ahn: Defenders in K-League need to look out for Dong-sub this season especially in the air but he also shows great precision with his right foot. Would not surprise me if he could go over 10 goals this season.

Next big purchase was from Swedish trainer Lars Lagerbäck in Pohang, he managed to get 25 year old Jordan Ayew from Swansea for only £2.5 million.

Ahn: This is one of the best purchases this transfer window, Jordan Ayew is a star who have played the big games and know what it takes to win. He did not get much play time in Swansea and ended up on the transfer list hence the good price and Lagerbäck was not late to take advantage of the situation. Lagerbäck knows what K-League will be all about for the next season and to land this transfer, it's impressive. It will be a joy watching Ayew play in the K-League.

Three more stars from Europe decided to join our brand new K-League and those transfers are also quite impressive. Redknapp landed french national team player Yann M'Vila from Rubin Kazan for £2.4 million, you will see him dictate the midfield in Suwon with Ki Sung-yong.

Ahn: That midfield is scary! Every team will have to fight hard against Redknapp's men, that midfield just screams championship material. Suwon will definitely be a contender this year.

Even if Redknapp has been quiet most of the transfer window?

Ahn: Yes, why Redknapp's been quiet is because he already have a good squad to begin with, now with Ki Sung-yong and M'vila they will be lethal. He also got one more guy: Kim In-han, a winger from Gyeongnam but he will probably be used as a rotation player during the hard matching in October.

Going forward to the other two huge transfers and of course Mourinho is behind one of them, are you surprised?

Ahn: Not at all, if there would be one manager who would use the foreign transfer it was Mourinho, he has the contacts, the reputation, the star power and in Jeonbuk he also got the money.

That's true and the player he got in was the hard working Italian forward: Fabio Borini from Sunderland. 10 goals last season with Sunderland, will he be a threat in the K-League?

Ahn: Oh yes! I have a great feeling about Borini and it's just such a good signing for various reasons. Borini is a guy who has the right attitude and the right amount of flair to not only succeed with the scoring, he will bring good PR to the league. I just thinks it's a brilliant signing from Mourinho, showing what he is all about. K-League needs more Italians and Borini is a great start. Since Mourinho is playing a 4-2-4 formation he can also use Borini on multiple offensive positions.

Last but not least, Maurizio Sarri managed to get another player from Premier League to join K-League. No other than Man Utd's Ashley Young have arrived at Jeju United. Only £1.2 million, it's a bargain.

Ahn: Yes it is, and Sarri who was a little bit mad at getting a defensive tactic will use pacey Young on the left wing, running up and down and he will play a big part in Jeju Uniteds offensive attacks. Ashley Young himself seems to enjoy his first time at the lovely island and I am sure he will make a huge impact in his new club.

We really got some great players there and there are more coming in 1st of July, signed with the bosman ruling. Gwangju FC is signing Marcos Llorente from Real Madrid, Pep signed Rachid Ghezzal from Lyon joining him in Sangju Sangmu and Ulsan har getting Czech striker Libor Kózak from Aston Villa. Incheon United will also get some foreign reinforcement with Laurent Depoitre who have struggled to get playtime in Porto. However he seems to be on fire scoring 4 goals in 7 matches for their B-team.

Plenty of other transfers have been made and some manager have released some players of their contracts and sold. Lagerbäck won here once again selling Lulinha for £1.6 million to Cruzeiro. That's more than what Jeju gave for Young.

Here is a summary of some of the transfers made during this window:

If you couldn't believe that K-League would get any hotter you were wrong. Tremendous signings and less than three months to kick off, we are surely looking forward to it! Thank you so much Ahn for joining us today.

Ahn: Thank you for letting me. It sure has been a pleasure.

We will be right back after commercials, stay tuned for more K-League action when we talk about the first two games of FC Seoul in the Cup Winners Cup.

Last edited by ThePsi; 09-08-17 at 03:23 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePsi For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Looks like the CPU rejects are being snapped up by these South Korean clubs
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Yes, can't say that any of the players brought in got any significant play time in their team in Europe. But if this would happen IRL I think it would go down something close to this so I'm happy about how everything is turning out right now. With that said the prize money after season 1 has been raised quite a lot, so if I would continue for a season 2 we would probably see even better transfers. But we just have to wait and see of course!

vCash

Cup Winners Cup & Transfer News Pt. 2

We're back! Wow, those commercials are really long these days...well, where do you think the money comes from?

We've gone through the transfers in the first transfer window earlier tonight and now it's the time to go through the first two games with FC Seoul, they played the quarter finals in the Cup Winners Cup earlier this week against Guangzhou R&F from China. This is the first time we got to see Ramos playing his Sweeper formation. Would he and his men prevail?

The first game was played in China, Guangzhou with a crowd of 11.898 cheering the home team, this would not get too easy for Seoul.

Starting line up for FC Seoul

Ramos had for the season bought his sweeper, 36 year old Park Yong-ho who have 4 caps under his name.
    "In a sweeper position experience is everything" - Ramos said prior to the match.

Even if Guangzhou started with an all out attack mentality it was FC Seoul that managed to take control early in the match getting the ball into the penalty area several times during the first 10 minutes but couldn't manage to make anything out of it. The best chance had Guangzhou although in the 12' minute after a great attack from midfielders Gang Li and Yang Dong, but the finish from Dong went outside.

It would not go more than 2 minutes after that until the ball hit the net, winger Kim Chi-woo (called Kimchi by Ramos) found Lee Sang-ho who made his man and got plenty of room to score his first goal ever for FC Seoul. 0-1 and the stadium went silent.

FC Seoul's players celebrating an early goal and a great start to the game

Guangzhou decided to slow the game down a little, noticing that Seoul would take an advantage of their risky style of playing. Nothing particular happened for the next ten minutes until the 26th minute when Park Chu-Young got the ball and went on a crazy solo raid, came into the penalty area and managed to get past Guangzhou captain Xiang Wang and rifled it into the right corner past their keeper. An amazing goal and 0-2 to Seoul was a fact. What a start to the game!

However, another 10 minutes went by and Guangzhou got a corner. Dong went above Seoul defender Osmar Barba for a header but Yang got a hand on it, the ball went up for grabs and Hao beat the defenders for it and suddenly it was 1-2. Guangzhou celebrated and got a big boost from the audience cheering them on.

44th minute - Corner for FC Seoul but Guangzhou cleared it away without any problem and got straight into a counter-attack and Huikang Zhang got past 'Kimchi' and made a shot right into the net. 2-2 and the great start from FC Seoul did not look so good anymore. You could clearly see Ramos getting pissed on the side line.

Ramos clearly upset after losing a good lead easily

FC Seouls players have already noticed what a sore loser Ramos is and losing that lead would not make a nice half time talk. So Kimchi went full speed ahead with the ball and put a low cross at the first post finding Lee Sang-ho once again and he hit the ball on a one-timer to a 2-3 lead right before half time.

The second half was all Seoul and Guangzhou did not manage to create anything, Seoul had a lot of scoring opportunities but did not manage to get the ball in the net. They ended on 12 shots on goal against Guangzhou's 4 and the win was well deserved.

Man of the match went to Kimchi after two great assists and an overall good performance.

7 days later it was time for the second leg and Seouls fans would finally see their favorite team in action at home at Seoul World Cup Stadium.
    11 000 had managed to get there so it was far from full but those who came gave their all.

The fans hoping to advance in the Cup Winners Cup

Ramos had made some changes prior to the return match, the biggest one being Sang-ho Yoo guarding the goal since Han-Been Yang just had a dispute with Ramos regarding his contract. Van Ginkel could not play due to a national call up and was replaced by Cho Chan-Ho. Their new player Kim Dong-sub also got the chance to play from the start next to experienced national team player Park Cho-young (68 caps/24 goals) up front.

Once again FC Seoul had the best start, winger Kimchi showing great passion and mentality running up and down the left field with the ball, getting the crosses into dangerous areas without anyone getting a touch or shot at goal. He also showed that he had good defense skills when he made a perfectly timed tackle against Guangzhous striker Xiaoguang Chen.

In the 19th minute FC Seouls new signing from Busan Kim Dong-sub got the ball in the middle of the pitch, making a forward run getting past several defenders and chipped it into the penalty area and the ball found Park Chu-Young who hit the ball on a volley for his second goal on these two games. A fantastic goal and the fans were celebrating like mad men.

Advancing to the semis certainly looked in reach after 1-0 in the 19th minute

In the 26th minute a cross from Guangzhou made it to Chen who headed the ball towards the goal, Sang-Hoon Yoo could only parry it and history repeated itself when Guangzhous strikers were first on the rebound and just like the match before they equalized. 1-1.

After that Gangzhou pushed forward and put great pressure to FC Seouls defense, trying to get that important 1-2 goal before half time so they could get a good chance to go through to the semis. If they managed to get 1-2 FC Seoul would be in great danger. Guangzhous manager Dragan Stojkovic had noticed that they won almost every duel in the air, ordering his wingers to keep sending the ball through the air.

41st minute - Xiaoguang Chen kept on creating most of the chances for the away team and sent the ball to the first post where Ho Wu connected and blasted the ball towards the top corner but a fantastic save from Yoo turn it in to just a corner. That was a very, very close chance for Guangzhou to take the lead. The corner was taken by Gang Li and it was also a dangerous one, Zhizhao Chen hit it on a volley but Yoo managed to make a qualified save and FC Seoul withstood the pressure and got the ball cleared. Before half time Kimchi got to hit a free kick from a good distance but goalkeeper Jian Ma got his fingers on the ball and put it over the bar for a corner that led to nothing. The referee Anura de Silva Vidana blew the whistle for half time and the score said 1-1.

FC Seoul started yet again very good and created a few chances the first 10 minutes and they got a great pay off for it, Ju Se-jong got the ball perfect on his right foot and put it up in the right corner, unstoppable for the goalkeeper and FC Seoul took the lead again and got some breathing room. 2-1! However, they could not hold on to the lead for a long time because in the 64th minute we witnessed yet another equalizer when Gang Li was left unmarked and got plenty of time in front of the goalkeeper to get the result to 2-2.
    The Seoul fans got a little bit anxious for a while but they did not have to wait long for the next goal, only 2 minutes after the equalizer Go Yo-han sprinted away from Li, making it into the penalty area and put Seoul in the lead for a third time.

Guangzhous chance now where slim but they had clearly not given up and they kept on trying with the crosses, Xiaogang connected with a header several times but Yoo was in the way. In the 75th minute Ramos decided to substitute Kim Dong-sub who got a great reception from the home fans after a very good performance. He was replaced by Yun Ju-Tae who did not take long to introduce himself. Because after just 5 minutes on the field he gathered up a loose ball, fired it low and saw it hit the net. The score was now 4-2 and it was set, game and match. FC Seoul made it into the semis! Guangzhou lost all their energy after the last goal and FC Seoul just had to play it off, nothing more spectacular happened and the players could celebrate together with their fans after an aggregated score of 7-4. For the second game in a row Kimchi went off with the man of the match-award, proving that he will be an important key for FC Seoul this season.

FC Seoul had all reason to celebrate after getting through the quarter finals

End result: FC Seoul 4 Guangzhou 2

Interview after the game (a video shot earlier in the week)
    - Ramos, congratulations to your consecutive wins and advancement to the semis. Comments?
    Ramos: Thank you Thepsi, even if the korean association is working against us we showed how strong we really are today and we will go for winning the whole tournament.

-What are your thoughts about how you were playing today?
    Ramos: You know, we leak a little bit and they created a little bit too much for my taste but Yoo showed us some really qualified saves which impressed me, we will just have to work on how to control the air. We lost too many duels over the ground today. Attacking wise we were much better with Kimchi showcasing his skills for all of us. He really did great out there.

-In the semis you will meet Al-Hilal from Yemen, what do you think about your next opposition?
    Ramos: Well, they sure are a competent team getting so far in the tournament and I am as you know the best in Asia at what I do, so I see ourselves as favorites coming into this 'bout. These two hard games surely showed it too..

-Well, to be fair Guangzhou actually had som grey players...
    Ramos: What do you mean grey players!? The sure didn't look grey to me!
    -Nevermind...Congratulations once again to your victory and good luck moving on in the tournamet.

Ramos: Thanks and good bye.

Back in the studio

Yes, FC Seoul was really putting on a good performance out there and Ramos does not lack self confidence, if that's good however I don't know yet.
    We will soon be back for the Semi's in the Cup Winners Cup and Game Week 1 of the most prestigious league in Asia: K-League.

Thank you for tonight and we hope to see you again!

Last edited by ThePsi; 10-08-17 at 01:08 AM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePsi For This Useful Post:

vCash

FC Seoul & The Cup Winners Cup

Wed 27th May

It's only two weeks away to kick off in the K-League and we really got a good pre-season story for you while waiting! FC Seoul have managed to get to the semi final in the asian Cup Winners Cup were they met Al-Hilal from Yemen. Ruy and his men went in to that game with great confidence and as the favorites to win the game and advance to the Final were they could meet either Gamba Osaka from Japan or Al Rayaan from Qatar.

The semi final was played at a mysterious Unknown Stadium somewhere in Asia I believe, being a one game only and if tied after 90 minutes it would first go in to overtime and then later penalties if a winner wasn't found after 120 minutes. Not knowing where they played sure must have been a distraction for both Seoul and Al-Hilal. However, the stadium was far from empty, a smashing 62 283 in attendance made it pretty clear that if you had the connections you would know where this stadium was at.

Cup Winners Cup became even more mysterious after it was revealed that both the semis and the final were played at an unknown stadium

Why FC Seoul was the favorites before hand was made even clearer as the match begun, they were levels above Al-Hilal from the first minute. FC Seoul created chance after chance and was dominating the whole first half, Al-Hilal was struggling even getting over their own half. It looked like Al-Hilal would manage to get into half time with 0-0 since FC Seoul's strikers found it hard to even get the ball on goal, but in the 42' minute Ju Se-jong found the net after picking up a loose ball giving Seoul a well deserved lead: 1-0! Which was the result heading in to the locker room for a 15 minute break.

Second half had just started when Ju Se-jong once again picked up the ball and send it in to the penalty area on a cross, there was Cho Chang-ho who hit the ball on a lovely volley getting past the opposing goal keeper and it was suddenly 2-0 to FC Seoul. A fine start to the second half for the koreans.

Al-Hilal woke about a little bit after this and started to put some pressure on FC Seoul's defence, that also paid of when Akram Al-Sewi reduced the score to 2-1 in the 60th minute. But FC Seoul never felt any danger despite the scoring from Al-Hilal and in the 71' minute Yun Ju-Tae found the net, making it the second goal for the season for him. Al-Hilal never managed to do anything after that and it was settled, FC Seoul had paved their way to the final of the Cup Winners Cup!

A convincing 3-1 victory to FC Seoul, now ready for the final!

In the other game, Gamba Osaka did what they were supposed to do, beating Al Rayyan 0-2

So it was decided, we will se an EPIC FINAL between FC Seoul and Gamba Osaka. With me I've FC Seouls manager Ruy Ramos.

Ramos: -That's Mr. 100 % for you.

-Sorry?

Ramos: - You can call me Mr. 100 % Ruy Ramos! I'm all about winning and getting titles and that's why I was brought to the best club in Asia. Kenta Hasegawa, I will beat you too in the final and still be Mr. 100 %!

- You have won 3 matches...

Ramos: - Have I lost? Any draws? 3 outta 3 baby!

-Okaaay...So the Sweeper formation seems to be working?

Ramos - Yes, we've managed to turn defense in to offense, trying to have the ball over at their court so we don't have to be so far down in the field, it has rewarded us with 10 goals in 3 matches and as long as we score more than the opposition I am satisfied even if we look a little bit vulnerable during counter attacks.

- I must say I am impressed, but now against Gamba Osaka you will get som really hard competition, they are inte the middle of their season at 4th place in J-League. This is on a whole other level than the other games.

Ramos: - I must admit that Osaka is a whole new game for us and it will be tough no question about that. But with my manager skills and the passion from all 11 players in my team, we will go for gold. We are hungry and fresh and we have started to get warm with the sweeper formation. Osaka should not feel safe at all.

- Good luck, it certainly would be a statement to all of the other teams in K-league to bring home to gold to South Korea.

Wed 14th June 2017

It's time for the final in the Cup Winners Cup against two-time J-League Champions Gamba Osaka (last 2014) and six time K-League Champions FC Seoul (last 2016)! This will surely be a great game to watch and it's so hard to predict which team that will bring home the gold and name their selves Cup Winners Cup-winners. The line ups are in and we will soon be ready for some action. Will Hasegawa take advantage of the fact that their are in the middle of the season or will Ramos and his men find I way to exploit that? We will soon find out, buckle up and get ready for the final of CUP WINNERS CUP!

Spoiler!

FC Seoul started with an attack already in the second minute of the game when van Ginkel on a cross found Park Chu-young's head but Higashaguchi turned it away for a corner. Kimchi hit the corner to van Ginkel but his shot was covered by Fujiharu who lifted the ball up the field.

Both teams was clearly nervous and not much happened after that until Osmar Barbab tackled forward Ademilson for free kick. Fujimoto took the free kick but it was harmless as the ball went straight into the wall. It was very stale out there, the teams respective defenses left nothing to their attacking oppositions that were unable to create anything. We saw a lot of hard duels but both teams played fair. The lack of created chances did not make this any less interesting at all, you could really feel how much this meant to everyone as we went into half time with a tie 0-0.

Not many chances were created in the first half as the score was at a fair 0-0 after 45 minutes

Second half

The second half Osaka started with great energy, getting a free kick right outside of the penalty area in minute 50. This time it was Endo who took it put it also ended up going into the wall. Then just like the first half it was 20 minutes of hard fought battle and no one letting anyone through, it was two strong teams that couldn't get through on one another. In the 70th minute Osaka made the first substitution when Ademilson went out and was replaced by Shuhei Akasaki as Osaka manager Hasegawa wanted a pair of fresh legs up front and perhaps start to make some real chances out there and a chance came but not for Osaka, in the 72th minute FC Seoul's Ju Se-jong got the ball after a nick that went the wrong direction from Yonekura and he got alone with the keeper he fired the shot and....GOAL!!!! His third goal in the tournament! FC Seoul had taken the lead and was currently the cup winners cup champions! The stadium went into fire and flames as we finally got a goal!

Ju Se-jong kept calm alone with the keeper and was able to celebrate his important goal

Ramos made a double substitution to seal the deal right after the goal, letting Van Ginkel and Park Chu-Young go out in favor for Japanese Yojiro Takahagi and Kim Dong-sub. Osaka pushed up the game and went into full attack and they finally got a chance in the 80th minute when Akasaki got past Lee Yong and found winger Abe who got plenty of time in front of the goal and struck the ball hard....OVER THE BAR! That was a great chance for Osaka and Abe should have put that one in. But in the moment of pressure he failed to deliver.

Abe, understandably disappointed after missing that scoring opportunity

Osaka made another substitution as Okazaki replaced Iwashita in one last move from the manager. But to no help, FC Seoul won every duel and really showed that they would not let Osaka get another chance again. They played the last 10 minutes with defensive brilliance and as the referee blew the whistle it was clear that FC Seoul had won the Cup Winners Cup! Euphoria broke out with the fans and the players. It was just pre-season but FC Seoul had already gotten their first title! There was a big celebration back home in South Korea as well, since it's so much prestige on which league is the best between K-League and J-League. The korean football association was smiling, the fans and players were smiling but the one who smiled the most was Mr. 100 % Ruy Ramos who already had made an impact, earning his first title after just 4 months in the club.

Final result: FC Seoul 1 Gamba Osaka 0

FC Seoul celebrating their huge 1-0 win over Gamba Osaka after the game

Now it was just two days left until kick off in the K-League. Can FC Seoul take this momentum back to South Korea? How will Ramos handle the rotation of the squad? Only two days to the premiere and it's not any team they will meet, FC Seoul is taking on Harry Redknapp's Suwon Bluewings in a cracking derby game. Also: Mourinho's Jeonbuk Motors are guesting 'Loco' Bielsas Gwangju FC and Incheon takes on Pep's Sangju Sangmu. Find out how the first round went in the next episode of K-League Football Night. This is your host Thepsi, thank you for tuning in.

Last edited by ThePsi; 11-08-17 at 06:53 PM.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePsi For This Useful Post:

vCash

Lightbulb K-League Round 1 & 2

Welcome to another thrilling episode of K-League Football Night, this is your host Thepsi giving you not one but TWO rounds of K-League football tonight.
    Two rounds were played this week and with some very interesting outcomes. We will talk a little bit about every game but give most space to our Game of the Week Match. This week it will be the hot derby match between Suwon Bluewings and FC Seoul. A so called supermatch! Harry Redknapp have really got some big reinforcement while FC Seoul impressed everyone in the Cup Winners Cup, becoming the first winner of the tournament from South Korea. We also got some other great games when Jeonbuk visited Gwangju and Pohang meeting Ulsan. Coming to join me tonight is a goalkeeper legend, having played 595 games (also scoring 2 goals!) in the K-League and 61 apps for the national team, it is no other than The Flying Mullet Kim Byung-ji!

Round 1
    Spoiler!

Game of the Week - Round 1

Let's get down to business and present the first match and the first Game of the Week! We already got a derby in Round 1 when Suwon Bluewings takes on Cup Winners Cup-champions FC Seoul. The derby is called the super match (슈퍼매치) and it can't get anymore exciting than this. Everyone has been waiting since February for this day, and what a way to start it. The fans lined up already during early morning to sing and cheer. It was a huge crowd and a fantastic atmosphere.

Line ups
    Spoiler!

FC Seoul making some changes, the very important winger 'Kimchi' starting on the bench after being very tired after the final 2 days before. Yojiro Takahagi got the chance to start in the middle and hopefully being fresh and ready to take control of the midfield.
    Meanwhile, Suwon would be playing their first game for the season, would that be an advantage for them or would FC Seoul have the upper hand, playing important cup matches all season and really getting to know their new sweeper-formation. But with Ki Sung-yong and M'vila in the middle, the home team probably won't give away their 3 points easily.

Kim Byung-ji: It sure is a special game! First game in the all new K-League and it being a Supermatch between bitter rivals Suwon and FC Seoul, it is sure a nice way to start things of for the football fans.

Match - Suwon Bluewings - FC Seoul, Attendance: 43 397

Suwon Fans, finally getting to see their team again!

1 min - Ki Sung-yong started off with the ball for Suwon trying to attempt the one-two with Ko Seung-boom but it got intercepted by Takahagi who let the ball go out to the left to Lee Yong who ran up with the ball and got a cross in to Park Chu-Yong who took it down and passed it to Ju Se-jong who hit it hard and SCORED!! But no! It was ruled out, Ju had been running offside. That could have been a horrible start for the blues.

3 min - But it didn't take long for FC Seoul to create a chance again, only three minutes into the game striker Yun Ju-tae went on a solo run getting pass both Kwak Kwang-seon and Yang Sang-min. He was allowed to shoot and boom! SCORE!!! And this one was allowed, the stadium went silent as FC Seoul had shocked both Suwon and their fans with an early opening goal!

4 min - Again, FC Seoul got the ball on Suwon's side as Takahagi moved up with the ball but he got tackled by M'vila who got penalised and Seoul got a good spot for a free kick. Ju Se-jong took it, it went over the wall and....he SCORED!! 0-2 after just 4 minutes!!! The fans could not believe their eyes as their heroes were down by two after just 4 minutes. Suwon, it was time to wake up now!

The minutes went on and FC Seoul still had a big pressure on the Suwon defense, creating a lot and having a dangerous corner in the 14th minute. Suwon got up in the field a little bit after 20 minutes but Osmar Barba was a rock in the back, not allowing anything to get passed him.

29 min - This time it was time for Suwon to get their first really good chance, Ko Seung-Beom managed to get a cross in and Ki Sung-Yong was left alone and headed the ball....in the crossbar!! Mvila went for the follow up but couldn't get the ball on goal. That was the moment were Suwon could get into the game again, but FC Seoul were lucky this time.

Suwon got another last chance in the 45th minute when Ko Seung-beom had a shot at goal but Yoo got a hand on the ball and could push it away and Takahagi could easily pick up the ball and shoot it away as the referee blew for half time at the score 0-2.

The fans started to cheer up a little bit after that horrendous start as they saw Suwon control the game in the end of the half, their were now hoping that Redknapp could have a talk with them, getting his players fired up and maybe get a goal in the start of the second half.
    At half time on the field, K-Pop group KARA had a one night appearance since their disbanding to get the fans in a good mood and thinking about something else than the score for a moment.

K-pop group KARA being the half time entertainment

45 min The music show was over and the players got out on the field again and the stadium was electric! The mid show had really get them going and hopefully they got to see Suwon turning this around in the second half. The referee blew the whistle and FC Seoul started with the ball. However, midfielder Lee Sang-ho lost it to Ko Seung-beom who could run alone for a long time and outside of the penalty area he got away a shot but it was easily blocked by the goal keeper.

FC Seoul were ready to start the game again, as thousands of fans giving a boost to Suwon

49 min - FC Seoul had just had a good chance as Yun Ju-tae tried to bicycle the ball into the goal but they saw it go over the bar, it would have been a fantastic goal if he could have gotten that ball on goal. Suwon's goal keeper got the ball into play straight away as Suwon went up the field to attack. They had a really nice flow and passing session up the field with several players getting to show some impressive skills, the ball ended up with Jang Hyun-soo who got a shot with his left foot and could see it go pass the FC Seoul keeper!! 1-2 and the arena exploded! The fans went wild and they could feel and see Suwon getting closer to FC Seoul. Could they get an equalizer too?? Anything could happen!

54 min - But the euphoria was broken pretty fast as Kim Young-gwon got the ball and found Takahagi who got into the penalty area and scored!! What where the defenders doing?? FC Seoul and Takahagi got an easy goal and seal the win. 1-3! That was his first goal for FC Seoul, really showing Ramos that he would not let him down given the chance in the starting eleven.

65 min - Redknapp made the call to go in to a more offensive mentality as they got nothing to lose. It was draw or they would get a really bad start for the season, getting beaten by their bitter rivals. Jonathan got the ball right outside of the penalty area and tried to get past Osmar Barba, he managed to do that and right before he was about to shoot Barba made a risky tackle! The Suwon players shouted for a penalty but no! The referee let that one go, on the reprise it also looked like he did the right call.

Both Redknapp and Ramos did some changes but not much more happened, FC Seoul got one last chance in the 85th minute as Yun Il-Lok tried his luck but No Dong-Geon saved it. Suwon tried to create something but the FC Seoul defenders were tight and played really impressive despite having that pressure from the home fans.

The referee blew for full time and it was done! FC Seoul got yet another win and a great start to the season. Harry Redknapp did not look happy though and the fans were really angry. Some of the fans also stayed after the match to protest because of that lousy first half. This was not what they expected getting into the season.

Man of the Match were given to Yun Ju-tae even if defender Osmar Barba got a better grade.

End Result: Suwon Bluewings 1 FC Seoul 3

We will be back right after the commercials! Discussing the match and the other ones in Round 1 & 2.

Last edited by ThePsi; 14-08-17 at 02:19 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePsi For This Useful Post:

vCash

We're back for some more K-League action. Ramos still going strong, 5 outta 5 now.

Kim: FC Seoul looks very strong this year, a great win in the Cup and now almost crushing their bitter rivals Suwon Bluewings, it's just amazing. It will be fun to follow this team this season, can they keep up their good run?

So Kim, before moving on to the other games. Who do you think will fight for the championship this year? And which teams will be having a hard time struggling in the bottom.

Kim: Well, FC Seoul and Jeonbuk are of course the favorites. But Jeonbuk have a better formation and they have Mourinho who managed to get Borini in to their squad, so I think Jeonbuk will draw the longest straw in the end and take home the K-League Championship. But I also want acknowledge Suwon despite their lack in defense and Pohang Steelers with players like Lee Chung-yong and Jordan Ayew. They will not be easy to meet at Pohang Steel Yard.

Thepsi: ...and which teams do you think will hang around in the bottom of the table?

Kim: Jeju United have an old squad that I don't think will manage to keep up with their competitors in the end of the season, however they have Ashley Young who probably will bring in some fresh thinking but I think it will be tough for them. Their games in june and july will be of utmost importance.

Kim: I am also not sure about Jeonnam Dragons, they signed Japanese player Naoki Yamada in the midfield who did not get to play in Urawa Reds. Will he be the star player they need? They also got a goalkeeper in the homecoming transfer, which is not a bad thing but the lack of star power in the team worries me. However, they do have good chemistry in the squad and that can at least take them to the middle of the table.

Thepsi: Let's move on to what we have been waiting for! Round 1 and 2 of K-League!

Round 1

Gwangju FC - Jeonbuk
    Spoiler!

Incheon - Sangju Sangmu
    Spoiler!

Jeju Utd - Jeonnam Dragons
    Spoiler!

Pohang - Ulsan
    Spoiler!

...and we also got the strong 1-3 victory to FC Seoul against Suwon Bluewings as reported earlier.

Fabio Borini scoring two goals in his first match for Jeonbuk

Thepsi: Jeonbuk looking very strong in the opening match and Borini already making himself a name here in South Korea.

Kim: It's just so much fun to see Borini making an impact in these early stages of the season and it's so important for Mourinho as well that his new boys actually showing results straight away. If they didn't sell enough Borini shirts going into the season, they sure will do it now.

Thepsi: So after the first round we have Sangju Sangmu on the first place, FC Seoul in second and Jeonbuk at third.

Kim: I don't think Pep's men will stay at the first place but I think he made it clear it will not be easy meeting Sangju this year. Both Jeonbuk and FC Seoul getting three points in their first match is no shocker but so important for both of them, especially for FC Seoul since Suwon is never easy to meet in an away match.

Round 2

Moving on to round 2 that ended like this:

FC Seoul - Pohang
    Spoiler!

Jeonbuk - Suwon Bluewings
    Spoiler!

Jeonnam Dragons - Gwangju FC
    Spoiler!

Sangju Sangmu - Jeju Utd
    Spoiler!

Ulsan - Incheon
    Spoiler!

Wow, the first week of K-League surely didn't let us down, as we got one punch, some really angry fans and one player going AWOL. I wonder what's in store for us the next couple of weeks.

Season statistics

Goal Attempts (Team)
    1. Sangju Sangmu 23
    2. FC Seoul 19
    3. Jeju Utd 17

Pass Completion %
    1. Sangju Sanmu 80 %
    2. Jeju Utd 75,5 %
    3. FC Seoul 75 %

Goals (Player)
    1. Fabio Borini (Jeonbuk) 3
    2. Ji Dong-won (Sangju Sangmu) 3
    3. Yun Ju-tae (FC Seoul) 2

Assists
    1. Kim Chi-woo (FC Seoul) 2
    2. Lee Jae-sung (Jeonbuk) 2
    3. Park Jong-jin (Incheon) 2

Standings
    1. Sangju Sangmu 6 p
    2. Jeonbuk Motors 6 p
    3. FC Seoul 6 p
    4. Jeonnam Dragons 4 p
    5. Ulsan Hyundai 2 p
    6. Incheon United 1 p
    7. Pohang Steelers 1 p
    8. Jeju United 1 p
    9. Gwangju FC 0 p
    10. Suwon Bluewings 0 p

Sangju creating a lot of chances in both matches, and they are now in the lead.

The K-League has finally started and we already got to see a little bit of what we can expect for the rest of the season. However, two big surprises with Sangju Sangmu being on top with 6 points and a total of 6 goals and only one conceded and Suwon Bluewings, placed dead last with only 1 goal and 6 conceded.

Kim: Yes but have in mind that Suwon had two really tough games so early in the season, I don't think Suwon will hang around there for long but it sure is not fun for any player or Redknapp to be in this situation that they are in. Another interesting thing is that Jeju is on the top list of creating chances and pass completion but no goal so far. They really have to think about what they can do to break down the opponents defense as they miss that little extra at the end. But I think it will be tough for them this year.

Thepsi: Thank you Kim for joining us today, it sure has been a pleasure. We will see you around for Round 3 & 4 as we will have a big game against top teams FC Seoul and Jeonbuk Motors in the third round in what will be an essential match for both teams this early in the season. Also we will bring you even more statistics and talks about latest in korean football. This is your host Thepsi. Thank you for tuning into K-League Football Night.

Match ups for Round 3

Last edited by ThePsi; 15-08-17 at 03:02 PM.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePsi For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great story - looking forward to seeing how the league table takes shape...

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Fourfourtwo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourfourtwo View Post
    Great story - looking forward to seeing how the league table takes shape...

Thank you so much! Next will come sometime during the weekend. No work so will have plenty of time to write.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

29. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePsi For This Useful Post:

vCash

Welcome back to K-League Football Night! This is your host Thepsi and today we have had a fantastic week of K-League football that will be presented to you tonight. Championship favorites Jeonbuk and FC Seoul in an action packed feature with two of the most colorful managers in the league. Mourinho in one corner and Ruy Ramos in the other. Both undefeated, who will prevail? We will first show you the press conference with the two managers and what they had to say prior to the match! Let's head down to the city where modern Korea meets cultural Korea in a stunning way, Jeonju!

Saturday 24th June, 12.00 (4 hours to kick off), Jeonju

Reporter: Ruy Ramos, you and FC Seoul have had the most amazing start with a great victory in the Cup Winners Cup, beating no other than Gamba Osaka from Japan. Then two strong victories against big oppositions, Suwon Bluewings and Pohang Steelers. Have your luck run out now and will Mourinho put a stop to your winning streak?

Ramos: Luck? Excuse me!? LUCK? There ain't no luck with me Ramos behind the wheel, even if the korean association have tried to stop us from getting success, we show game after game that we are the best team in this country!

Mourinho: Calm down hothead...

Ramos: What!?

Mourinho: I said, calm down, you only got two games and you haven't even met my team with Borini in front away in the lovely city of Jeonju. You should've seen what kind of food they eat here, it's amazing. I love it.

Ramos: What have food to do with this!? I will beat you and Jeonbuk Motors as we beat Pohang and Suwon!

Mourinho: If you had even tried to go out of your hotel you would have known what I meant hothead! You are sitting with the greatest trainer of all time, and all you do is talking about how unfair the association is to you. I've had the English federation putting up game weeks that would make your little 'fight' with the Korean association look like a tea party! Just look at last season with Man Utd. 4-5 games in one week! One week I tell you! We would've won the Premier League if it wasn't for that crazy schedule. Do you see me whining!?

Reporter: Well, that escalated quickly...Ehrm, Mourinho. What are your chances tonight and how are your squad feeling? You also met Suwon and prevailed but will FC Seoul be too much for you?

Mourinho: There are no easy games this year, but it's a lovely morale in the squad right now and I've put everyone I don't like in the dog house a long time ago, so now we can just focus on what we do best. Winning. FC Seoul is of course impressive, but it's not because of the manager here. It's tough failing with that squad no matter how bad you are and even if we would lose this particular game, the championship will come to the town of Jeonju and I will get another trophy to my name. Just you wait...

Ramos: So you think you can come hear and just grab the title? I've been living in Japan, playing plenty of korean teams in my life, I know them like I know my self. I know the asian style of play. You think you just can come here and try to be the king? I will show who's the king in Asia. It's me Ruuuuuuy RAAAAMOS!

Mourinho: You blood pressure...Take it easy!

Ramos: Mourinho! Shut your mouth, I will show you in a few hours who's the man in K-League!

Mourinho: Show me whatever you want, as long as I can have some of that amazing bi-bim-bap I ate earlier. You should have seen everyone, plate after plate after plate!

Ramos: ....What is this?

Reporter: .....I think he is messing with you..

Ramos: I've had had it with this! I'm the greatest manager in Asia and I don't deserve this. Mourinho! See you later, if you dare..

Mourinho: I dare you to meet me in a Portuguese chili eating contest moron..

*Ramos stands up, running over to Mourinho standing face to face*

Ramos: You think my managing skills are a joke, but you will feel awkward when my guys are sweeping through your defense like nothing. SWEEEEPING.

Mourinho: Your sweeping formation have no chance against my guys, if you want me to be serious, I will show you serious. And don't feel too humiliated after Borini and the other are done with your fluke team and don't you dare try that Mr. 100% bullsh*t on me, because I'm also undefeated and I am yet to concede a single goal!

*Fading out to the studio*

Wow! It's for certain that these guys are not too found of each other. What a rivalry we are witnessing. You could think that this was an episode of RAW or Smackdown or something! This match will of course be our Match of the Week - game, as we are gonna little bit closer on the Jeonbuk vs. FC Seoul game in round 3.

There are of course other great games this round, Incheon welcomes Pohang Steelers and Suwon Bluewings meeting Jeonnam Dragons. Will they finally get their first three points? Let's get down to business, I'm ready and I hope you are!

Game of the Week - Jeonbuk Motors vs. FC Seoul - Jeonju World Cup Stadium, Jeonju

So it was time for a thrilling match up between Jeonbuk Motors and FC Seoul. Before the match we saw a really hot press conference, almost looking with two managers not too fond of each other. At one moment we almost thought they would start a slugger match!
    Both teams were prior to this match undefeated, Jeonbuk's new signing Borini really impressing with already three goals in just two matches and FC Seoul keeping up their winning streak even if they met tough opposition with Suwon in their first match and Pohang in the second.

Statistics

Manager: Mourinho
    Games: 2
    Win%: 100%
    Top Goal Scorer: Fabio Borini, 3 Goals
    Goals scored: 5
    Goals Conceded: 0

Manager: Ruy Ramos
    Games:6
    Win%: 100%
    Top Goal Scorer: Yun Ju-tae: 5 Goals
    Goals scored: 17
    Goals conceded: 7

Starting 11's

Jeonbuk Motors (4-2-4)

FC Seoul (Sweeper)

THE GAME
    As seen in the statistics, both of the teams have made an impressive start, and who would go out victorious was not an easy task to foresee, but the betting companies put Jeonbuk in as small favorites.

Jeonbuk also started with an attack in the early stages of the game. It was Kim Shin-wook who got a good chance but his viscous shot at goal went over the bar. They also got a few good chances the next 15 minutes but FC Seoul's defense were like rocks at the back and when the Jeonbuk strikers got through, goalkeeper Yoo Sang-hoon stood in the way. Jeonbuk really had their fans in their back as they kept on commanding the game! The momentum was all Jeonbuk, but FC Seoul had Yun Ju-tae, already 5 goals in 6 matches and not even starting in all he would be a threat at all times and after a corner in the 20th minute he got his chance, but it was headed outside the post. But FC Seoul showed Jeonbuk that they would have to be careful.

Another ten minutes went by, with Jeonbuk keeping up the pressure. Again it was Kim Shin-wook who created most of the chances, star player Borini being very anonymous compared to his earlier matches. Maybe the pressure was too much? At the sideline you could feel the tension between the managers rise as they were both far out from their bench shouting to not only their players but also to each other. The fourth referee would not have an easy, relaxing day at work as he had to calm them down every fifth minute.

A big match on the sideline as well as the managers giving directions and psyching each other

After 35 minutes Borini would finally get his chance as he came in from the right wing and getting alone with the keeper but from outta nowhere defender Osmar Barba got in with a perfect but risky slide tackle in the penalty area avoiding what would be a 1-0 goal. Lovely play by Barba as we had gotten used to in the beginning of the season. What an important player he is for Ramos team.

FC Seoul seemed to get some extra momentum from that tackle, getting up in offensive positions when Takahagi was taking the ball up wards in the field. He found Park Chu-young with a great pass who got a chance at goal, he took the shot but it was deflected by Lee Beom-young but the ball went out to no other than left winger 'Kimchi' who had a clear shot and...GOAL!!! Even if Jeonbuk had the most chances the game now belonged to FC Seoul who took the lead! Kimchi, what a player he is and this was his first goal for the season!
    Jeonbuk was obviously chocked about what had just happened and even if Borini tried to do something offensive, they did not have anything to answer with and we went into half time with a 0-1 lead for FC Seoul.

The rain had started to pour down as the referee blew the whistle to start the second half and now Jeonbuk was in full attacking mode. Kim Bo-kyung tried, Borini tried, Hwang Hee-chan tried but the defensive line of FC Seoul did not want to give them anything. Jeonbuk started to send in the ball through the air, trying to find Borini's head but they had no chance as Barba won everything in the air this day.

Borini got one more chance in the 70th minute but his shot at goal did not even hit the keeper as it went over the bar. We had shown so much calm in his finishes in the other matches but today it did just not work out for him.
    FC Seoul did also start to get some chances, mostly on counter attacks as Jeonbuk was letting only two or three players stay behind in the back during their attacks, that left a lot of space open for the dangerous wingers in FC Seoul. In the 86th minute Borini got another chance, this could have been the last chance of Jeonbuk as well and the fans knew that, cheering them on like never before. They had just concede their first goal this day, they shouldn't get their first loss as well. Choi Kyu-baek got a cross in which Lee Jong-ho managed to head down to Borini, Borini was in the penalty area getting a shot at goal...DENIED by Yoo yet again! This was not his day, FC Seoul got the chance to counter attack as sweeper Park Yong-ho quickly found Marco van Ginkel higher up the field, he passed it on to Lee Sang-ho who got loose running up the field and found Yun Ju-tae on a cross who hit the ball on a volley and GOAL!!! Yun Ju-tae had scored his 6th goal for the season and now Jeonbuk surely could not reach FC Seoul! The audience started to leave the arena, Jeonbuk had no strength left. The referee blew for full time and Osmar Barba got a well deserved Man of the Match-award. Mourinho left the stadium, shouting and furious as Ramos could be seen with a big smirk on his face. This was his time now and he could just sit back, relax and enjoy as long as it will last.

Celebration for FC Seoul again as they went 7-0 this season.

Final result: Jeonbuk 0 FC Seoul 2

In the other games Sangju Sangmu continued their own winning streak as the beat Gwangju 2-3 after they had been trailing both 1-0 and 2-1. Pohang got their first victory, winning against Incheon 0-1 and also Harry Redknapp could relax a little bit as Suwon also got their first win, beating Jeonnam Dragons 3-1 as Brazilian player Johnathan getting 2 goals on the score sheet.

Wow, we really got a match for the books tonight and we have a lot more in store for you this season. The time as certainly flown away though and we need to take a break before we continue with round 4. We will be back and give you more statistics and standings after 4 games. We will also announce the player of the month-award for June as soon as we are back. This is your host Thepsi, thank you for tuning in.

Last edited by ThePsi; 20-08-17 at 10:13 AM.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePsi For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great update - thanks.

Remind me what tactics Joenbuk and Seoul are using?

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Fourfourtwo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourfourtwo View Post
    Great update - thanks.

Remind me what tactics Joenbuk and Seoul are using?

Great to hear that you liked it! Thank you for reminding me, had completely forgot about it. Starting elevens are added to the post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePsi View Post
    Great to hear that you liked it! Thank you for reminding me, had completely forgot about it. Starting elevens are added to the post.
    Nice one - thanks!

vCash
    So many unknown South Korean names....
    The Alphabet Game #3

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    So many unknown South Korean names....
    Haha yes xD It's a pain in the ass keeping track on everyone managing ten teams!! But I've started to get to know everybody know, you get into it after a while!

vCash

Welcome back to K-League football night! Given you a two rounds of K-League football! We are also giving you the first player of the month award this season!

But first, FC Seoul got drawn into the Asian Super Cup-final were they will meet the winners of the asian Champions League and that team will be Japanese Sanfrecce Hiroshima. The game will be played in two months in early August and we can barely wait for it! Sanfrecce have done an underwhelming season so far in J-League, currently at 8th place and FC Seoul is still undefeated with a win percentage of 100 giving the soul of Seoul a small favorite position, however it is the form in August that counts.

Round 4

Round 4 gave us some interesting match ups when Jeju Utd. visited FC Seoul, Pohang Steelers welcomed Suwon Bluewings and Ulsan meeting Jeonbuk at home court. At Pohang we saw Lars Lagerbäcks strong 5-men midfield take care of the opposition with force. It was a hard thought battle but Pohang was the team creating the chances and winning most of the duels hence controlling the game for almost all the 90 minutes. However, Pohang only managed to get two shots on goal but that was enough as both Swedish defender Marcus Nilsson and Brazilian midfielder Muralha took care of their chances ending the game in a secure 2-0 for the Steelers. Leaving Redknepp's men with yet another defeat.

Muralha celebrating his 2-0 score, securing the victory

Ulsan got star team Jeonbuk Motors and as always meeting that Green Mean Machines it would be a tough battle. It took 30 minutes until the first scoring came frome the away team as Kim Bo-kyung got the ball from Borini to make an easy netter and 0-1 in half time was a fact. Ulsan started the second half well when they got a penalty in the 48th minute. However Ha Sung-min could not hold the pressure shooting the penalty way over the bar. Jeonbuk then closed the game with a 0-2 goal when team captain Kim Bo-kyung scored in the 53rd minute. Ulsan couldn't get any pressure on Jeonbuk but they got a consolation goal in the 90th minute, ending the game with a 1-2 score. Mourinho's got an important victory after the defeat against FC Seoul 4 days before. FC Seoul also managed to win their game with a comfortable 1-0 victory against Jeju United who just have scored one goal in 4 matches.

Jeonbuk was a few stages too good for Ulsan this day

RESULTS ROUND 4

FC Seoul - Jeju Utd 1-0
    Incheon - Gwangju FC 2-0
    Pohang - Suwon Bluewings 2-0
    Sangju Sanmu - Jeonnam 0-1
    Ulsan Hyundai - Jeonbuk 1-2

That concluded the first month of K-League football and a decision for the first player of the month award has been made and it went to....

With ratings as follow: 9-8-9-8 and man of the match award it's hard to argue why Spanish Osmar Barba would not win June's award for best player. FC Seoul in the lead of the table and Osmar playing as defender in a sweeper like he has not done anything else in his life is just such a joy for fans of the K-League to witness. We congratulate Osmar for this award and hope he will keep on delivering for the rest of the season.

Round 5

Only two days after round 4, there was round 5 to Mourinho's big complaint as he had to rotate the squad when Jeonbuk was about to meet this years big surprise Sangju Sanmu. But a fast goal from Kim Hyo-gi with an assist from Borini once again and another goal from Lee Jong-ho Mourinho would get another 3 points to his collection as the won 2-1. The audience of 35 000 were happy and we could see that this might be the year for Jeonbuk.

Jeonnam was visited by FC Seoul in what could be the match of the year. Plenty of chances for both teams put it was FC Seoul who had the upper hand when Takahagi score 1-2 in the 72th minute. It also looked like FC Seoul would go off with another impressive win but Felix Magath showed some tactical side to his management, made a few changes which opened up for two chances resulting in two corners. Both times defender Yeon Je-min was up there and both times he found the net with a header. Once again FC Seoul showed that they struggle in the air and Jeonnam could go home with an imressive home victory, breaking the winning streak of FC Seoul and also breaking the magic with the sweeper formation? Ruy Ramos did not look happy, loosing the win in five minutes as the clocked ticked in on 84 and 89 when the goals were made.

Suwon Bluewings got an important 3-1 win over Ulsan as their new signing (coming on this very day) Rômulo (south korean/brazilian) showed the way with two assists and a man of the match award. Now Suwon has three brazilian players in their squad and they look lethal. Maybe they will wake up now after the bad start of the season as June only gave them one win and three losses.

Pohang also got a great victory, winning with convincing 0-3 against Gwangju FC. Gwangju is not an easy team to beat, especially not on away court but Lagerbäck has shown just how fantastic Pohang and the 3-5-2 formation can be.

We also had a look at Jeju Utd, still struggling to score goals as they draw 0-0 against Incheon. Son Heung-min in Incheon has failed to impress early in the season, getting just another 7 rating this time around as well. It does not seem like Choi Yong-soo can decide where to play him on the field and the results are lacking. Son is probably the best player in the league but neither him or Incheon is showing that right now.

Round 6

With round 6 FC Seoul was right back on track again with a 2-1 victory over Incheon as the changed the score from 0-1 to 2-1 when Yun Yu-tae scored his 4th goal in K-League and substitute Yun Il-lok made the decisive goal in the 83th minute.

The biggest win this round was from Pohang Steelers, burying their opposition Jeju United as they won 4-0 at home, after goals from Park Yong-Il, Cho Soo-chul, Jordan Ayew and Kim Dong-hyeon. Pohang showed no mercy and in a fantastic way turning chances into goals.
    Jeju Utd fans went furious, even if they knew they had an old squad, the signing of Ashley Young and their strength were better than this. 1 goal in 6 matches! If this was not a crisis what would be? Koreans are used to demonstrate and this was sure a legit time and place to do it. Manager Sarri was furious after the game and did not want to comment anything to the press. The board was probably not happy either, it sure does not look good for Sarri at the moment. Will he be the first manager to step off his job?

Things are not looking good for Jeju Utd at the moment

Someone who is getting greater fame is Spanish manager Pep Guardiola as Sangju Sanmu managed to get a victory against strong opposition Suwon Bluewings. It was a tough game but Sangju looked like a better team for the total of the game, getting a well deserved 1-0 victory. Making Sangju to still be in the top positions of the league.

Jeonbuk met strong home team Jeonnam Dragons who just got a victory over FC Seoul but they did not manage to prevail this time around, Mourinhos Green Machines had control over the game from start to finish getting a 0-3 lead in the 58th minute by Borini, now having 4 goals and 3 assists in just 6 matches. The score ended 1-3 after Heo Yong-joon scored with a header.

Gwangju FC met Ulsan in an away game. Having made a fantastic signing of colombian star player Juan Quintero, he played his first game and did not fail to impress. Getting 2 goals he made sure that Gwangju would win 1-3 and securing a very important victory against Ulsan.

Six rounds of K-League football have finished and the top teams start to pull away a bit from the teams at the bottom. Time for some standings and statistics!

After 6 games we still see FC Seoul in the lead, but things can change around quickly and Jeonbuk, Pohang and Sangju Sanmu is tailing right behind. One thing to notice is that Pohang has not conceded a single goal since the opening round, they are surely looking dangerous and then we have the super managers Mourinho and Pep, giving their all to get Asias most prestigious title. This is all from K-League football night tonight, turn in for another exciting episode next week when we will go through round 7 and 8 as well as seeing the return of the Game of the Week as Pohang takes on Jeonbuk in a thrilling contest. This is your host Thepsi. Thank you for tuning in!

Last edited by ThePsi; 05-09-17 at 01:40 AM.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePsi For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quintero looking good. Borini top scorer
    The Alphabet Game #3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast