Thread: Transfers - No bids for my players

vCash

Transfers - No bids for my players

Hi,

Just found CM 01/02 again after a couple of years apart.

A general question. I've played two seasons now with a Swedish team and I've had no bids at all for my players, not even a club interested. I've won the league both years, so it should generate some interest I guess. Tsigalko have scored 50 goals each season as well.

Don't get me wrong, I love to keep my players but I just found it odd. Was is always like this? Or is it different playing with a smaller club compared to Real Madrid? More clubs would be interested in Zidane rather than Tsigalko perhaps?

Any similar experiences?

Cheers
    /TheBrownDog

vCash
    Probably a reputation thing. If you want to sell them, transfer list them (notify others that you are looking to sell) and play them (good performances attract interest).

Other than that I have no idea. I also find it hard to sell players, at least the backup ones that don't get much playing time.

Out of interest, could it be a money thing? How is the finances in your league? Can other teams afford your players?

vCash
    Yeah, I guess. It's one of the smaller Swedish clubs.

I have the valuation set to "Auto". Tsigalko has a 120 million SEK valuation, guess around 10-12 million pounds. After scoring 100 goals in two seasons I thinks it's an OK valuation.

My other players are around 50 million SEK (4-5 million pounds).

It's just a fun part of the game to sell your players to the best clubs. If I qualify for the European cups it might bring some attention.

vCash
    Euro qual should help. I have a gut feeling your current situation is this:
    - your players are only known in Sweden
    - hardly any Swedish club can afford your players

A few seasons in Euro competition should have an impact.

vCash
    I remarked this too, and pointed it in an older post (see the second part of it), this time with excellent players or even capped ones. Could be a bug.

I think there can be several others possibilities. As JLa said, reputation must be taken in count. And happy players (regular starters, proud to play for you or your team) are less inclined to move to another clubs and attract less offers than grumbling or greedy or ambitious ones. Apart angry players, few will sign away for a smaller fee or a less renowned team. If you're dominating your league, your opponents won't have much a chance to grab someone from your squad.

But I'm currently running several NI teams and experiencing the same thing. Sometimes, I put a poor guy on the transfert market, and I receive offers from clubs from all around the world, even from the darkest clubs of the darkest leagues, even if he has no playing time. Sometimes, I receive an offer for someone I signed 6 months ago, even if he never played. And sometimes, I put capable or good players on the list, capped or receiving media coverage, willing to go away, and get no offers at all, even if I set their value to 0. Regens or not. In fact, after 9 in game years, some of them are only playing in my teams because absolutely no one else wants to sign them. It looks like a pool of players specifically reserved to my usage Oh, it's a 2.21.2 patched game.

That's what I feel, don't think it helped much.

vCash
    Thanks for all the input. Looks like this happens, maybe more often in smaller leagues?

I have several leagues active though, my plan is to move over to a bigger club after a while.

Anyway. Again with Tsigalko, scoring 100 goals in two seasons should at least attract some interest from let's say a Dutch club. I did sell one of my unwanted players to FC Tokyo, apart from that it's only been Swedish clubs bidding for my other players.

vCash
    Maybe it happens more in smaller leagues, but you can find nice players who were released from top tier leagues and will never get an offer from another AI manager...

And if I remember well, players have at least two reputations, country/national (league country level) and international (speak for itself). Tsigalko is on fire, he should won trophies and his country rep is high, but for foreign observers he's still an osbcure player (the best of his league, but what is your league reputation anyway?). Maybe he just needs some international play to attract foreign managers...

Aside of this, did you try to make him sign a new contract ? If he doesn't seem to stay more at your club, there is almost no chance that another swedish team will try to contact him now you're managing the best side here...

A last thought. You said you're on the second in-game year. Maybe the AI thinks its squads are still full enough and doesn't needs to add another guy ?

vCash
    I've seen it before when managing the likes of Tsigalko (Ajax) and Skalidis (Rangers), score loads domestically and in Europe for me but can't win a cap or earn a move, I think I even had to release Tsigalko on one of the challenges as you couldn't have players 24 or older and when he turned 24 no one was interested despite over 200 goals in about 3 seasons.