Thread: Installing CM on a work laptop

vCash

Installing CM on a work laptop

Here's one for those of you that work in IT.

As the title suggests I am keen to install CM on my work laptop. However, as is the norm, all laptops are protected by an admin password. Despite my flirtatious attempts with the blonde 19 year old IT support, I cannot obtain the password.

I have however, managed to get a stand alone CD drive and I think I will be get access to the USB drive (business case in progress!).

I tried an internet trick to try and install but an error appears when installing CM.

My thought (in my non IT head) is to install the game on to an external hard-drive (connected by USB) and then run the game from there?!

Any other thoughts?

vCash
    In your case, by the looks of it, you need admin password anyway. You can install to external HDD, but I doubt you will be able to run it anyways. You will be prompted to input administrator password anyway when trying to run 3rd party content without it being setup in rules to allow it.

Sadly, done that before... Oh and btw why do you come to work for? To play CM? Lucky you. I actually have to come to do work .

3. The Following User Says Thank You to info0 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks for the advice.

Work does occasionally get in the way of CM but I am lucky that I can pick and choose my working times and take my work (CM!) home with me.

vCash
    Happy to come and try my luck with the 19 year old blonde in IT if that helps?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdgmedia For This Useful Post: