Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: CM Explorer Queries

Grantus86 Unattached
    Ah right okay I didn't know that. Not entirely sure what I can use it for, extending contracts does not change either when I do the above. Tried using the GK Saved Game Editor mentioned in post two but once again any contract changes don't appear in game.
    Last edited by Grantus86; 18-07-12 at 07:02 AM.

vCash
    If u run as administrator it will work

Grantus86 Unattached
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    If u run as administrator it will work
    I done that, still didn't change anything in my save.

vCash
    In GK Editor, you find the player, go to Contract Tab, Click Extend Contract by a year... then click Update Player/Staff and then Save

Grantus86 Unattached
    I tried that as well, it didn't update. Sorry about this, i must be doing something wrong somewhere, just don't know what!

vCash
    Tell us exactly what you are trying to do..?

Grantus86 Unattached
    Okay, well for starters im on win7 i don't know if that matters but for the game itself i had to change compatibly mode.

I just want to extend some contracts and remove unhappiness (if i'm a lower league team 'wants to move to a bigger club' sort of thing and players not leaving for free)

I load Explorer and just try alter contract length then click OK update/save. If that doesn't work i load GK and do the same. It saves on the database, if i close the programs and load them back up then the changes i made are still there, it just doesn't seem to integrate into my save game.

Much appreciated.

vCash
    This is defo an Admin problem IMO, forget CM Explorer for stuff like this and use GK Editor. Right click on the icon and go to properties and then compatibility, is the "Run as administrator" ticked?

Grantus86 Unattached
    I'll check when i get home from work tonight, i'm not entirely sure. I right clicked on the icons and 'run as administrator' was an option on the right click drop down so i just clicked that and it loaded up.

vCash
    Switching off the uac and logging onto your pc as admin should solve all issues

vCash
    does it mean i can only set loan contract by GK editor? i download GK editor but the contract tab is disable... can someone assist if i want to set a loan contract of my player to other club

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephentcl View Post
    does it mean i can only set loan contract by GK editor? i download GK editor but the contract tab is disable... can someone assist if i want to set a loan contract of my player to other club
    In a save game? Dont think its possible mate

vCash
    ic ok. last question could it be editing future transfer to a player with setting transfer fees in save game?

vCash
    Not sure u can do that either...

vCash
    ic ok. last question could it be editing future transfer to a player with setting transfer fees in save game?
    Nope, that's another thing that would have been very useful for the Dream Team Leagues but unfortunately cannot be done!

Grantus86 Unattached
    Tried all the above. Gave up with Explorer and tried Gk, run as admin was ticked, it's set to windows NT 4.0. UAC is switched off and account is administrator.

Just tried a simple extend by 1 year and no change in my save.

vCash
    Does anyone solve the problem of assign the player to the squad after using CML transfer player on Dave game?

vCash
    Dave who?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    Dave's not here man....

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Does anyone solve the problem of assign the player to the squad after using CML transfer player on Save game? sry is not dave but save game

vCash
    Does anyone solve the problem of assign the player to the squad after using CML transfer player on Save game? sry is not dave but save game
    What was your question again...?

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    What you're trying to do won't work anyway, yes, the player can be moved clubs on a save game using cmexplorer but you won't be able to assign the player a squad number so wont be able to play him anyway (tried it before, would have been a godsend for DTL). Oh, and as Derm says, make sure you run the program as administrator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    yes.... any of us that have run CML or DTL have run into similar problems... the player will appear in your squad in-game but CM will still consider them to be property of their original team like Goofy says.... oh if only there was an easy way to swap players in-game..... it would save so many headaches...
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    Nope, that's another thing that would have been very useful for the Dream Team Leagues but unfortunately cannot be done!

vCash
    Hi, when i try to load my save game, cmexplorer cannot detect my save game in the directory. it also happens with GK editor. but my save games form 99/00 seems to work on the GK editor. i checked the directory and my save games are there but just cant load it to cmexplorer.Can someone pls help? ps i am using the tapani patches not sure if this as anything to with it

vCash
    Make sure they are searching for this folder - C:\Program Files\Championship Manager 01-02

instead of maybe these:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Championship Manager 01-02

C:\Program Files(x64)\Championship Manager 01-02

vCash
    Tks man, it worked.

genai Unattached
    How do you add player in saved game? When i open my save game, delete and new player buttons are greyed out, even tho cmexplorer download page said you can add and delete in saved games too?
    Seems to work only in database editor?
    Thanks

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast