Thread: Is this tactic considered a cheat?

GFRay is offline Member of the Month
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash

Is this tactic considered a cheat?

I have been reading on here that 2 DC tactics are considered cheating because the match engine can't handle this well. I don't really understand the reasoning why so if someone could elaborate and explain it, that would be nice!

Here is a picture of my current tactic. I'm not using any manual wibwobbing!

Spoiler!

It has 2 DC with a DML and DMR as wingbacks and a DMC sitting in front of the defence. I like this formation a lot, because in the wib screens there are a lot of triangels to make that will benefit the short passing game I'm playing. Also in the wob screens it makes the formation tight with the wingbacks giving more cover to open spaces then fullbacks would do. I can also go for fullbacks with upward arrows, but that would make the wob look different and imo less effective.

Is this considered a cheat? I would like to know, because when it is I will not use it anymore. If I wanna beat the game with cheating I would load up an Iodine tactic, but that has become boring.

vCash
    I wouldn't call it a cheat. Heck, I wouldn't call any tactic a cheat. Utilizing wibwob is merely utilizing a feature the developers added to the game on purpose, why wouldn't you use it? When you start editing your game with savegame editors, or reloading matches to get the desired outcome, now that's cheating.

Play any tactic you want, as long as you're having fun doing it.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JLa For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLa View Post
    I wouldn't call it a cheat. Heck, I wouldn't call any tactic a cheat. Utilizing wibwob is merely utilizing a feature the developers added to the game on purpose, why wouldn't you use it? When you start editing your game with savegame editors, or reloading matches to get the desired outcome, now that's cheating.

Play any tactic you want, as long as you're having fun doing it.
    Agreed! Although playing Wib-Wob but having the AI (computer) play non-Wib-Wob tactics is cheating in a way, too.
    Or at least it's giving yourself an unfair huge advantage.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay86 View Post
    I have been reading on here that 2 DC tactics are considered cheating because the match engine can't handle this well. I don't really understand the reasoning why so if someone could elaborate and explain it, that would be nice!

Here is a picture of my current tactic. I'm not using any manual wibwobbing!

Spoiler!

It has 2 DC with a DML and DMR as wingbacks and a DMC sitting in front of the defence. I like this formation a lot, because in the wib screens there are a lot of triangels to make that will benefit the short passing game I'm playing. Also in the wob screens it makes the formation tight with the wingbacks giving more cover to open spaces then fullbacks would do. I can also go for fullbacks with upward arrows, but that would make the wob look different and imo less effective.

Is this considered a cheat? I would like to know, because when it is I will not use it anymore. If I wanna beat the game with cheating I would load up an Iodine tactic, but that has become boring.
    can u give link? I want to try.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to muratzihni For This Useful Post:

vCash
    In my opinion it's not to cheat reeds if WIB-WOB, because as JLA also says, it's a function put by the developers themselves, so even if IA doesn't use these options I don't see anything wrong because you don't add anything of your own, but just use what the game makes available to you.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baw For This Useful Post:

vCash
    No way this tactic is a cheat. I would not even be sure it is better and the same shape but with DR/L replacing the wingbacks.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenny Dalglish's Smile For This Useful Post:

vCash
    If I wanna beat the game with cheating I would load up an Iodine tactic, but that has become boring.
    I also thought the game was broing but with Wib-Wob tactics I play against the strongest AI pack:
    http://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=221

That makes it extremely hard to win the title with a team that IRL never wins the title.

Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    I also thought the game was broing but with Wib-Wob tactics I play against the strongest AI pack:
    http://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=221

That makes it extremely hard to win the title with a team that IRL never wins the title.
    I've used your pack samsami, but I found it made the game to hard for me to enjoy it!

I rather use info0's pack which is not as hard as yours, but still gives a challenge or play NWW.

vCash
    I've used your pack samsami, but I found it made the game to hard for me to enjoy it!

I rather use info0's pack which is not as hard as yours, but still gives a challenge or play NWW.
    Just wait until you get better. One day you will need my pack

Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    Just wait until you get better. One day you will need my pack
    Well to get better and play against your pack I will need to wib wob and I don't know how to wib wob in a good manner. I can copy the wib wob of any Iodine tactic, but I think that's lame. My own wib wob creations always fail miserably..

16. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    hy ! i want to download this. Please put it up !