Thread: Project El Jaish SC

vCash

Project El Jaish SC

Mangers love their projects, don't they? In truth, most of the time the players of such projects outlast the manager...

After the rather enjoyable project of managing a blank squad and investing 20m in players and taking Legia Warsaw from Division 2 to Division 1, having missed out early doors on the teams in the lower leagues, it's time to earn my corn. While other managers squandered their 20 million on ageing, overpaid dross and jumping ship because they went into debt, the challenge ahead is definitely tougher than the initial challenge of Division 5.

Looking at the squad, I have 5 players who would be worthy of Division 2/3 (great management there!) but because of the 8.8m debt and negative weekly balance I will have to sell. Half thinking of keeping 89 rated Kostas MITROGLOU, but selling him pretty much wipes the debt as Marseille have a bid of 8.7m. He was a class act in one of the CM0102 updates if I recall. 49k wages is enough for me to say 'Get rid!'.
    Chelsea legend Yuri ZHIRKOV, rated 88 is next on the chopping block along with WBA legend Brown IDEYE, rated 88. Selling those 3 should take the club out of the red, but I'm going to have to crunch the numbers to see if I need to flog some more to gain a positive weekly balance...

vCash
    Bitter pill to swallow but getting the club out of debt is surely the correct first step
    Good luck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Good luck to you! I'd definitely sell the 3 biggest rated/earning players and look for gems out there, that's what it's all about after all!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Good luck on this first step on a new challenge be interesting to see what happens

7. The Following User Says Thank You to drkshadow1 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Kostas MITROGLOU was easily moved on to Marseille for 8.7m, a "profit" of 3m. It wasn't enough to take the team out of debt. Bids for my other listees weren't forthcoming either. It was a waiting game. I went about scouting hoping that the cash would roll in soon... Having dropped the ranks I pondered what ratings do I need? What's the highest rating I could afford wagewise?

Finally, as the season appraoached, a few bids came through, I figured If I lost 2x88s and 1x89, I could afford to gamble on 1 x86 with potential to rise. 30 year old Martin HARNIK, once rated 89, performed admirably in the second tier of German football and helped get Hanover promoted. He appeared to bring his form with him to the Bundesliga. Here's hoping!

With Tom Heaton getting injured I took a punt on Nick POPE (80). I went stateside and picked up Ben SWEAT (72), who moved from Tampa Bay and was playing most matches for NYC. Eriq ZAVALETA (78), who has been overlooked as he played a few matches for Toronto II, has been a feature for the main team this year. Michael PARKHURST (83) is abit long in the tooth but he's been one of the first names on the teamsheet since his move to Atlanta. Jukka RAITALA (82) is a big money move for us, 1.1m. He's brought in for his versatility. That concludes the shopping in the US. Better spread the purchases in the hunt for a ratings rise.

Tony RALSTON (73) was charged with a tough one as he went head to head with Neymar. Conceding 5 isn't usually a trigger to buy a defender but the fact his gaffer has faith in him at such a young age, I'm hoping for a bit of an increase. With Leeds flying high, albeit early doors, I once again gamble on youth, Jay-Roy GROT (78) has been getting game time and goals. Jordan TELL (75) has been making inroads for Rennes. Andrew SURMAN (85) was another big purchase but I'm confident of an increase. Joe RALLS (82) was brought in from Cardiff and I probably should have waited until after his birthday... MArcos TAVARES (83) was old and cheap... maybe the champions league might stand to him...

vCash
    The chairman wants us to battle against being bottom of the table. I should be able to do that...
    Spoiler!

vCash
    I don't know much about some of those signings but Pope certainly looks like a gamble. Would be surprised if he gets a rise in all honesty!

Ralston though, he'll definitely get a boost at some point. He has age on his side and will undoubtedly go on to become a regular.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post: