Thread: Joe Cole - Do I sell him?

vCash

Joe Cole - Do I sell him?

in July 2001 Joe Cole was a hot prospect with the world at his feet and an integral part of West Ham's side...

On Champ Man he is obviously a wonderkid and everyone and their aunt wants a piece of him but West Ham are cash strapped and generally heading towards debt before August is over in season 1 so...

Option A - Sell Joe

Do I cash in when someone decides to throw silly money at me for him - I've regularly seen him go for 8m+ to exotic places like Leeds & Celtic and hope I can find someone of equal or better quality on the cheap so I can balance the books...

...or

Option B - Keep Joe

Do I keep Joe and watch as he gets a pissy on when I don't sell him and watch the Hammers spiral into debt!

Thoughts? suggestions on who to sign appreciated (ODB obviously). I'm considering Roberto Palacios on a free but i'll have to get him on day 1...?

Thanks Fellas

GFRay is online now Member of the Month
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Well Joe Cole is amazing in every aspect of the game. I would keep him, don't relegate in the first season (because he has a clause right?) and then sell him in the summer for +30 mil.

vCash
    Joe Cole... Would he give you much spending money? Some quality player for 220k min release...

vCash
    If you can put the best out of him, sometime he might cost >50 mil.

vCash
    Don't sell, he's the best player in that West Ham squad and there are others you should be able to offload to raise some cash.There's a whole thread on amazing cheap players in this section, sign them and look to offload your highest earners, if I remember correctly Repka is one and he's a red card waiting to happen.

vCash
    Try to sign jesper blomqvist and kiko. You can then sell them for about 8 +16 million euros.

vCash
    I imagine you can turn profits on West and Guardiola as well if you want to go down that route.

I'd play people for at least half a season though to get their value and rep up though if you aren't in terrible financial trouble which you shouldn't be to start off with.