Thread: Vote - your favourite cult CM/FM Centre Midfielder/Attacking Midfielder

vCash

Vote - your favourite cult CM/FM Centre Midfielder/Attacking Midfielder

https://twitter.com/CM_9798/status/919504614873067520

please vote, full voted for team will be posted later.

AJ is offline Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Don Hutchinson!!!!!

vCash
    Rafael van der Vaart, I think.

vCash
    Stefan Selakovic, cheap as chips and performs at any level.

vCash
    Of course Joe Cole. Carrick as DM with Aimar, Riquelme and J.Cole as the midfielders and Defoe or Saviola as striker.

vCash
    Mark Kerr

Kim Kallstrom gets a special mention too as does Tonton Zola Moukoko although he was more of a legend on 00/01.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Hardest choice yet but Mark Kerr gets it by a whisker from Kallstrom, Joe Cole and Aimar

vCash
    Aghahowa was cheap as a nut and would perform at top level for 10+ seasons no matter where you put him.

vCash
    Juan Roman Riquelme and Abgar Barsom

vCash
    I must admit that's one of those positions where I wouldn't give much (detonante played with a forward there... the only game I have, I remember Bruno from Grémio, Ronaldo - the original - or José Mari and with 4132Pool... with Barreirense I played most of the game with regens). So, I have to go with CM 98/99 (where I played with 4-1-2-1-2) and my recent games with 5-3-2 attacking (where my goal is actually play with these guys. I voted Ronaldinho because that's the only one that I really love for more than a game (one of the few names I remember from CM 00/01... he and Claudio Oeiras would be my forwards for long years). But here is a list:

- João Pinto (CM 98/99): just wow!! Great player in that game (and on 01/02, although I only bought him in my last game with Benfica this month and he already retired, but on 01/02 I only liked him at F C);
    - Robbie Keane (CM 98/99): my favourite player from this game. I actually started a game with Wolves and I lost a save file when the power went off while I was saving... I had Figo on my team... bah. When I got this guy playing with Benfica, João Pinto always moved to forward
    - Ryan Giggs (CM 98/99): only played him there a couple of times (Robbie Keane was always the onwer of the position even when I played with Man Utd) but this guy was a dribbling machine (it is just me or he did had games with more than 20 dribles on that game?)

- Ronaldinho (CM 00/01 and 01/02): do I need to say anything?
    - Nikiforenko (CM 01/02): only sold him cause I started a game to buy Ronaldinho to Benfica... but he is not bad ahaha;
    - Totti (CM 01/02): made a game with Rome, using 5-3-2 and tried to make him a real number 10 (freedom or whatever it is called in english, forward movements, hold ball, through passes and he was the organizer) and he played great until he was 37 or 38 and still had his moments until he had 40 years hold. Loved that game... now stuck a couple of days after he retired (I actually went back to schedule a friendly on the day that he retired);
    - Véron (CM 01/02): he is just great in this game;

Honorable mention (guys that I enjoy playing with recently or that I have an idea of using):
    - Roberto Baggio (CM 01/02): he was the first one I chose to be Totti's sub on my Rome game. He didn't play much but I enjoyed him (he is F C right?)
    - Zahovic (CM 01/02): I never like him when I use Benfica but he was amazing for me in my long save with Barreirense and helped me to get my first league title and made team of the year. Just for that reason, he's here. Also... In CM 98/99 I nevel played with him but he always had 10 with the computer... sometimes he was the man of the match even unfairly. I must admit that I didn't see many of the other stats when I played that game but there was a game between Porto and Inter that Inter won 5-2. Ronaldo scored 5 goals, Zahovic scored one and had one assist or only had one assist... something like that... he was the man of the match!! lol.

I must admit that I never played with Mark Kerr. That's stupid, I know. The game has almost 20 years and I never got him for whatever reason! Agahowa never played in that position for me, Kim Kallstrom is good but I never though that he was that great, I remember Aimar being great on both CMs but I can't cleary remember anything besides signing him a lot... I liked Bruno from Grémio... Riquelme did great for me but always on other position (M C) and I bet that there are some other great names there that I'm forgetting.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to troza For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Considering how brilliant he was in certain versions and what happened to him in real life, Willie Howie.

vCash
    Justin Walker from Lincoln.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PilgrimPete For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Ronaldinho

GFRay is offline Member of the Month
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Mark Kerr

vCash
    I have a long-term game running now, and I had Ryan Williams, and AMRLC originally with Hull City, who was amazing in any of the six M and AM positions. I usually played him AMR, but he was a perfect fit in an attacking minded MC role.

Big fan of Aimar and Kerr of course, and Van Bommel too, who was better at MC than DMC (I think he has 15 DM and 15 AM, and the DM rating overrides the AM in the visible position in the game).

As a #10 behind a front 2 you couldn't go far wrong with Luis Enrique for a couple of seasons.

The Twitter account of the OP considers all old-school CM games - in this case there is no match for Real Madrid B legend Carlos Sierra Fumero Sandro from CM2 Spain (although the CM2 Neil Lennon runs him close). Sandro is, in my mind, the best CM player ever.

vCash
    Nikiforenko, Messera, Leandro Romagnoli, D'Alessandro were a few of my favourites.

AJ is offline Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Obviously you idiots never played 93/94

vCash
    Robert boateng in cm 0102 v.60. Put him behind two forwards with an arrow up in between them and he's friggin' unstoppable. When he scored the golden goal against the invincible roma in the champions league final by dribbling past the whole team was epic.

vCash
    Without a doubt that is the magic man Tonton Zola Moukoko who single-handedly dragged my OGC Nice team over to the line to win my very first league championship, in the 00/01 version. Time flies...