vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ClayDatsusara View Post
    best:

Cardozo - although the usual open goal misses, he scores a lot
    Witsel - smooth and reliable in the passes, scored in some important games
    Aimar - the magic is lost when he is not there
    Artur Moraes - simply the best keeper in portugal

worst:
    Saviola - never lived up to his reputation or even recent past in Benfica. time for him to go back to River and enjoy a golden retirement
    Emerson - not a substitute to Coentrão at all
    Agreed. But I think Saviola still has something to offer! The problem was the manager not knowing how to use him...

Emerson is a disgrace.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Rabbit View Post
    Agreed. But I think Saviola still has something to offer! The problem was the manager not knowing how to use him...
    But Saviola was, with the same manager, maybe the best player two seasons ago! Jesus couldnt just "unlearn" how to use him. The question is that the inclusion of Witsel in the midfield excluded one of the forwards, and now Benfica plays in a 4-5-1, rather than a 4-4-2, and Saviola has no place in the team as he is a perfect second striker but a bad lonely one.

vCash
    Best: James Mckeown. Goalie. Kept us in games, made us some good saves, but has been a bit rubbish at times.
    Liam Hearn. Striker. 27 league goals. That is all.
    Conor Townsend. Full-back. On loan for Hull (boo!) really good signing. Lots of pace, gets forward.

Worst: Lee Ridly. Full-back. Paid off and gone. Rubbish.
    Darran Kempson. CB. Just hoofed the ball, not a good passer. Paid off and now at Alfreton I think.
    The whole centre midfield. I have never seen a good central midfield in all of my time of supporting Grimsby. This trend continues.

Up the Mariners!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtfcfan View Post
    Best: James Mckeown. Goalie. Kept us in games, made us some good saves, but has been a bit rubbish at times.
    Liam Hearn. Striker. 27 league goals. That is all.
    Conor Townsend. Full-back. On loan for Hull (boo!) really good signing. Lots of pace, gets forward.

Worst: Lee Ridly. Full-back. Paid off and gone. Rubbish.
    Darran Kempson. CB. Just hoofed the ball, not a good passer. Paid off and now at Alfreton I think.
    The whole centre midfield. I have never seen a good central midfield in all of my time of supporting Grimsby. This trend continues.

Up the Mariners!
    Paul Groves, Gary Childs and John Oster used to do a decent job for you back in the day.

vCash
    Best: Elmander
    2nd: Selçuk Inan
    3rd Muslera
    4th: Ebue
    5th: Melo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ClayDatsusara View Post
    But Saviola was, with the same manager, maybe the best player two seasons ago! Jesus couldnt just "unlearn" how to use him. The question is that the inclusion of Witsel in the midfield excluded one of the forwards, and now Benfica plays in a 4-5-1, rather than a 4-4-2, and Saviola has no place in the team as he is a perfect second striker but a bad lonely one.
    Agree, Saviola always performed better in offensive tactics with many attacking mates, he's not situable for today's 4-5-1 fashion

vCash
    United

Best: Carrick, Scholes, Valencia and Evans (When Vidic returns I think Id prefer an Evans/Vidic partnership. Welbeck has improved and done well considering but he doesn't quite seem to fit for me, works hard though.
    Worst: De Gea struggled but has made some crackign saves lately. Id have to go Anderson when he has played and Nani has struggled to impose himself

Its hard to pick worst players when your team is sat top of the league

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiestita View Post
    Agree, Saviola always performed better in offensive tactics with many attacking mates, he's not situable for today's 4-5-1 fashion
    Jesus used two strikers many times, specially when Aimar couldn't play, and that would've been a good opportunity to give Saviola more minutes!

I disagree a bit on the 4x5x1, I think our manager played a ludicrous 5-0-5 formation most of the time, he disappointed me a lot this year...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    United
    Its hard to pick worst players when your team is sat top of the league
    says more about the league than anything else.
    This is how is how it feels to be Celtic,
    Champions again as you'll know,
    Brendan Rodgers here for 10 in a row
    10 in a row

vCash
    I like to watch the Premier League. In my eyes. I think Suarez is the best football player. Although his ups and downs a little big. But still acceptable.

vCash
    Sorry, old topic, but it's a shame 'cause it's an interesting one!

So for Marseille, disappointing one have been IMO:
    - Lass Diarra: although we kind of knew it. He wanted to leave, couldn't, and now he doesn't want to play. He lies to skip games and training. The little he plays, he's awful.
    - Henri Bedimo: the left back was good with Lyon, despite a lot of injuries. In Marseille he's been injured, but also subpar when he played. Been a huge issue for a long time, now he doesn't play (well, he's injured).
    - Remy Cabella: I mean, we can expect better, although we know he's no crack. He's been a ghost to far. He keeps the ball way too much and shies away from the game.

The ones who held their rank:
    - Florian Thauvin: sometimes too personal, but he's been quite brilliant. Goals, assists, tons of effort. Without him Marseille can't really score.
    - Bafetimbi Gomis: ok so I don't really like him, and he isn't a good striker I'd like to see in the future. He misses A LOT, has no instinct and can't move. But he scored quite a lot of goals, so we can't say he's been terrible.
    - Maxime Lopez: no pro games before the season, now a starter that nobody wants to see miss a game. He's been brilliant, has shown a great level for at 19, with a very team oriented profile.

I wouldn't say the rest has been really good. I mean, Vainqueur, Sakai and a couple others have done better toward the end of the first half of the season, but not enough I'd say. Others have been bad but I've never expected anything from them so they aren't "disappointing".
    Last edited by Romano.338; 11-01-17 at 04:01 PM.

vCash
    Blades - Everyone is fucking class!!

Spurs - Again, everyone has played well... Except Sissoko. I could have told Levy n Poch that though..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wato20 View Post
    Blades - Everyone is fucking class!!

Spurs - Again, everyone has played well... Except Sissoko. I could have told Levy n Poch that though..

Janssen?!

Liverpool - Karius thrown in when Migno was doing ok has backfired. Milner slotting in at LB has to be a

Swans - Everyone bloody awful
    Last edited by Redknapp69; 10-01-17 at 03:45 PM.

vCash
    Think you mean LB not RB red.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    This is a class thread.

Right, Benfica then:

BEST:

Grimaldo was absolutely brilliant at left-back until his injury. There were talks of a Juventus bid during the January transfer window, I'm delighted it wasn't confirmed. This kid is class.

Cervi. He is short, he is fast, he is a tricky left footed Argentinian attacking midfielder. Almost a cliché.

Semedo This kid has turned into something really special. He will probably be gone in the Summer for an obscene amount of money.

WORST:

I'll have to say Luisão, the age is finally showing for the big lad. He was directly responsible for at least three goals and our unexpected defeat at Maritimo.

vCash
    Shaqiri, Bojan and Imbula. Far too inconsistent and not enough influence in games either.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Psmith View Post
    This is a class thread.

Right, Benfica then:

BEST:

Grimaldo was absolutely brilliant at left-back until his injury. There were talks of a Juventus bid during the January transfer window, I'm delighted it wasn't confirmed. This kid is class.

Cervi. He is short, he is fast, he is a tricky left footed Argentinian attacking midfielder. Almost a cliché.

Semedo This kid has turned into something really special. He will probably be gone in the Summer for an obscene amount of money.

WORST:

I'll have to say Luisão, the age is finally showing for the big lad. He was directly responsible for at least three goals and our unexpected defeat at Maritimo.

I still don't understand why people are jumping on Luisão that fast. I still think that Luisão is better than Lisandro... but I do miss Jardel.

For Benfica we have lots of players playing well... but Pizzi, Nelson Semedo and Fejsa are the more regular and have been important.

The worst... I can't really say anyone has been horrible but Lisandro, Carrillo and Samaris due to expectations. Ok, I must admit that I don't have many for Lisandro but I have for the other 2.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to troza For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by troza View Post
    I still don't understand why people are jumping on Luisão that fast. I still think that Luisão is better than Lisandro... but I do miss Jardel.

For Benfica we have lots of players playing well... but Pizzi, Nelson Semedo and Fejsa are the more regular and have been important.

The worst... I can't really say anyone has been horrible but Lisandro, Carrillo and Samaris due to expectations. Ok, I must admit that I don't have many for Lisandro but I have for the other 2.
    Completely forgot to mention Carrillo as a definite disappointment.

Regarding Luisão, he is a hero for me (I'll never forget that header to give us the title in 2005 and end 11 years of misery), but this year it is clear that he just can't cope with one on one situations any more. We should be playing with Jardel and Lindelof.

I agree that Fejsa and Pizzi have been outstanding... and Ederson of course.

If we have a bit of luck with the draw I wouldn't be that surprised that this is the season we reach another Champions League final.
    Last edited by Psmith; 13-01-17 at 01:49 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Psmith For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Best

Ben Gibson - last year in the Championship he was arguably our weak link at the back, solid enough most of the time but awful distribution marred his game and he was massively outshone by the likes of Ayala around him. My word he must have put in a mighty pre-season though, he's took the term "stepped up" to another level. An absolute rock with much improved ball play, Chelsea have every right to be interested in him. Very rarely do 20 consecutive outstanding performances in the PL turn out to be just a purple patch.

Adam Forshaw - much like the above, he's stepped up way more than he had any right to. Couldn't even get in the team last year due to the brilliant Clayton-Leadbitter duo in the midfield. Leadbitter's career is winding down though and was out for most of the first half of the season with a hernia so Forshaw was afforded his chance and boy has he taken it. Started every game but one and quite deservedly gets praise from the pundits every week.

Gaston Ramírez - quite simply he's our maestro. It's not really clear why he never hit it off at Southampton or Hull, he's got all the ability in the world. Yes he's a hot head and is a walking yellow card but his attitude is decent enough on the pitch, more than prepared to put himself about. Whenever he's out of the team (like this weekend) I worry a bit for our creativity and feel our chances of winning drop significantly.

Worst

I'm hesitant to put anyone in here really. We're newly promoted and four points clear of the relegation places at half-way. I'm a realist and what more can be expected? You can't get promoted and instantly compete with all the millions overnight. We have a good plan in place and I feel just surviving this year will be the catalyst to push forward. A few of the players haven't contributed much at all but that's more down to not getting a chance. But you can't blame anyone for that either, it's just the way it is.

vCash
    Downing must be a disappointment after last season? Seems to be one of those that's a top Championship/poor Premier League player these days

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Psmith View Post
    Completely forgot to mention Carrillo as a definite disappointment.

Regarding Luisão, he is a hero for me (I'll never forget that header to give us the title in 2005 and end 11 years of misery), but this year it is clear that he just can't cope with one on one situations any more. We should be playing with Jardel and Lindelof.

I agree that Fejsa and Pizzi have been outstanding... and Ederson of course.

If we have a bit of luck with the draw I wouldn't be that surprised that this is the season we reach another Champions League final.
    Agreed with that. But the coach isn't Fernando Santos so don't count on a champion's league final... although that would be awesome... to see Benfica win the UCL for the third time is a dream!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12