Thread: Football fan travels from China to visit team he played with on CM 01/02

vCash

Football fan travels from China to visit team he played with on CM 01/02

A few of these stories knocking around, but how's this one:

A CHINESE football fan has made a 12,000-mile pilgrimage to visit his favourite English football team.

Huang Wenbin was not heading for Liverpool or Manchester United - but the humble surroundings of Millbank Linnets Stadium to see Runcorn Linnets of the ninth-tier North West Counties League Premier Division.

His love for the club dates back to his days spent playing Championship Manager 01/02, when he decided to take charge of Runcorn FC Halton as they were then known, taking them all the way to the top-flight.

http://www.runcornandwidnesworld.co....n_Football_Ma/

Runcorn have traditionally been my most local non-league club, though Widnes FC and Runcorn Town have sprung up in recent years.

The thing that's bugging me about this story is that they aren't even in the Conference on the game, so he's obviously gone with a bit of trickery in the editor to get them in!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jdgmedia For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Editor crazy if he signed the likes of Beckham as well.

vCash
    Well... it can happen natually if you play one season and take charge of a recently promoted club? Or not? I must admit that I never played in the conference a full season (I think I tried Telford on CM 98/99).

If someone here played with Barreirense and comes to Barreiro (only me? Ok... ), I will be glad to show where the old Campo Manuel the Mello was and see a game (hopefully, the derby Barreirense vs Fabril or the basketball derby Barreirense vs Galitos) aha.

vCash
    Haha fair play! Don't remember Runcorn ever being a manageable team though?
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Haha fair play! Don't remember Runcorn ever being a manageable team though?
    The only game they have been manageable on is FM2005, when they were in Conference North.

As troza said, they could have maybe come up after one season (someone more knowledgable than me might be able to confirm what happens to the teams that finish in the relegation in the Conference - do they actually disappear or do they stay in)

vCash
    Runcorn aren't manageable at the start but they're often promoted into Conference, if not after the first season so not too long after.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pegster For This Useful Post: