PDA

View Full Version : Conceding Headers From Open Play

Godliman
31-12-17, 07:23 PM
I am 75% through my second season and have tracked that 76% of headers at my goal (from open play) have been scored.

Either my CM team are as meak as Liverpool at defending these types of balls, or there is an underlying issue.

How can I train my team to improve this?

I've even taken to recruiting in a Tony Pulis fashion (and playing four lumps across the back), this has not helped.....

JLa
02-01-18, 07:06 PM
Don't think I have had this issue, but then again I never dig too deep into the stats.

How many goals conceded are we talking about? I suppose it is quite a lot, as you have raised a thread about it? The only thing that comes to mind is to avoid the chances against altogether. As usual, hard tackle, high press, sensible wibwob - don't let the opponents have a sniff at creating anything against you.

I guess having players with high physical attributes + positioning would be beneficial (it always is), but not sure if it is specific to this issue though.

CMCZ
03-01-18, 06:55 PM
Not sure which attributes are needed for this, but I guess; positioning, natural fitness, jumping and heading.