PDA

View Full Version : Adding Background To Show During Match

Godliman
07-01-18, 04:52 PM
Apologies got the fact that this is a basic request, but how do I add a background, so that every time my team play at home (Anfield) that it shows as the background, during the match?

baw
08-01-18, 12:52 PM
Create a BMP image with the stadium (the size depends on what you normally use to play 800x600)
converting it into RGN
Open the CGF file in the "pictures" folder of the game and underneath[STADIUM] add the line:

Anfield: imagename.rgn.

For more clarity read this guide --->> https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5868

Godliman
24-02-18, 09:01 PM
thanks for the support but it appears that when I get to step 7 and allocate a filename to the club (as trying to save an image as liverpool.RGN) when I select save in the wordpad document, I get the message that I do not have permission to open this file (although I have opened it?!). Please help.

baw
26-02-18, 12:25 AM
it happened to me, I solved by moving the file out of the game folder (you can move it to any other folder, the important thing is that it is outside the game itself). After you have moved the file edit it and then save (now you should not have the problem anymore). Once the necessary changes have been made and saved, the file is returned to the original folder.

Dermotron
26-02-18, 02:12 PM
Just right click on pics.cfg and an untick Read Only in Properties

baw
27-02-18, 11:44 AM
Just right click on pics.cfg and an untick Read Only in Properties

It is not always sufficient, when I had that problem, it gave me error while having untick "Read Only"...
...in short, it is necessary to do it, but it is not always sufficient, I do not know why :confused:

Godliman
27-02-18, 09:44 PM
That appears to do the trick.

If I save a background image as liverpool.RGN and follow the instructions, at what stage will this image show, as it doesn't appear in the squad screen - would it be during match only?

baw
27-02-18, 10:22 PM
That appears to do the trick.

If I save a background image as liverpool.RGN and follow the instructions, at what stage will this image show, as it doesn't appear in the squad screen - would it be during match only?

if the RGN file has been correctly associated with the club name (the name to be written is the extended one and not the abbreviated one) it should appear on the team screen where you see the list of its players and if you enter the personal card of a player who is part of the team. Moreover the imagination can appear randomly also in other screens that have not been assigned a background image.

Godliman
27-02-18, 10:35 PM
I'm guessing liverpool.RGN is the extended name?

The image is not showing at all....

The file is saved into the pictures folder as liverpool.RGN and wordpad instructions followed to the letter..

Should it work on saved games?

baw
27-02-18, 11:09 PM
it should also work on the games already started. If you want to assign your "liverpool.RGN" file you have to write ....

[CLUBS]
Liverpool: liverpool.RGN

Godliman
27-02-18, 11:12 PM
[CLUBS]
Liverpool: liverpool.RGN

is exactly how it is saved in the wordpad document.

The actual file in the pictures folder is showing as a BMP and not an RGN file though, could that be the issue?

baw
27-02-18, 11:23 PM
the game uses RGN files, if the file contains the BMP file and not the RGN file, you will never see your background. To make things simpler in the "download" section of the site you will find a special tool that serves to convert BMP files to RGN. Take your BMP and convert that program and the RGN file that will come out will put it in the "pictures" folder.