PDA

View Full Version : Topic - Transfers

arthur86
19-09-14, 08:51 AM
What are the values that rules the transfers offers? I'm playing with march update + tapani patch 2.19, and i think is just unrealistic that even when i set transferable a player that have won the ligue playing every match with good votes ( > 7 or 7.50 at least) and plays with his national team, i receive no offers. It's good if i receive just 1 offer (for the entire squad, obviously) per year, but usually i don't receive offers at all. What i should do to change this? Thanks all! ;)

Sorry for my bad english...

Mick
19-09-14, 09:58 AM
List the player for 0 (free)

When teams come in for them, exchange their best player / players and they will come back with a cash offer more often than not, and its usually a great offer at that !!!

Redknapp69
19-09-14, 11:10 AM
agree with Mick!

Also - neg 25% sell on with everything as well as doing that with an exchange usually always come back with a decent offer

Zeberto1874
19-09-14, 11:33 AM

When teams come in for them, exchange their best player / players and they will come back with a cash offer more often than not, and its usually a great offer at that !!!

Ahhh, how did I forget about that....probably as I havent played this game in almost a decade until recently downloading it!!

arthur86
19-09-14, 11:24 PM

Thank you so much, it works! :D but offers are always very small (ex. 7,5 M € player, max offer 3M)

However i think there's a bug or something, because it's very strange i don't receive offers for players that have played very well, won prizes and have low wages...i really don't understand

arthur86
19-09-14, 11:27 PM
agree with Mick!

Also - neg 25% sell on with everything as well as doing that with an exchange usually always come back with a decent offer

Can you explain this, please? I don't undertand what i should do

Redknapp69
20-09-14, 12:02 AM
If I have transfer listed a player at his normal price ( with no interfered parties) then I do the following

Zero his price

This (usually) creates interest

Clubs offer to buy him for £0

I counter back with exchange for 1 of more of their best players (by value) and always negotiate 25% next sale fee

The club (usually) counters back with a decent offer +25% of next sale

Simples?!

wato20
23-09-14, 03:43 PM
If you transfer list a player.
You are saying that you are willing to take substantially below his value.

If you find someone on the list for £3 million.
You can probably get him for £1.6 million.

So if you list at full value, some clubs may come in.
But if u list at half value. It will increase number of clubs that come in.
Then negotiate fairly..

SteveV
09-09-15, 01:08 PM
I get ridiculous lowball offers for Joe Cole almost every day from Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter etc which I reject every time but nothing stops them coming. i have him set to indispensable, makes no difference. I have tried the 'totally unacceptable offer' option and then they come back with a LOWER bid next day:mmph: Once I even negotiated with Real Madrid to up their offer from 11.25 to 15 million (cos to be honest Joe isn't really delivering at the moment, despite his 86% scout rating) and they immediately backed off, then came back with a 6.25 million bid next time. The thing is, he isn't close to having an unprotected contract, its almost 18 months away so why are they bothering and is there any foolproof way to stop them making bids?

Dermotron
09-09-15, 01:23 PM
Just increase his value

Pegster
09-09-15, 05:34 PM
Increase his value beyond where they would consider going with a bid. Beware that this might make him unhappy because he thinks the valuation is unrealistic, though.

SteveV
09-09-15, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the tips, that worked fine :-)

morais
17-02-16, 04:09 PM
Hi,

Does anyone knows how to make transfer in a saved game using an editor?

I have a very old saved game, that I got a lot of affection for, in which the clubs in Premier League weakened with the seasons and I would like to strength the league again.

Clubs like United, Arsenal and Liverpool have just very old or very young players and always end the season in bad shape, fighting against relagation.

Any help??

JLa
17-02-16, 04:24 PM
Have a look in the download section and download a save game editor. You can't do transfers per se, but you can move players around and alter the clubs' money. Should do the trick.

Report back if any issues - I am sure someone will help out.

Cheers

morais
17-02-16, 04:43 PM
Have a look in the download section and download a save game editor. You can't do transfers per se, but you can move players around and alter the clubs' money. Should do the trick.

Report back if any issues - I am sure someone will help out.

Cheers
Hi mate!

I dowloaded the CM3 Series SaveGame, from Graeme Kelly, and the CM Explorer.

In the first I can change the finances, but the clubs are already rich. It looks like that they want to be weak. And about "move players around" I dont know. I can do this with that editor?

In CM Explorer I can't move player between clubs. And even if I could it always cracks the game!

Dermotron
17-02-16, 04:43 PM
Make a backup of the save before you do. It's not the most reliable thing to do to a save game

morais
17-02-16, 04:51 PM
always!!

morais
17-02-16, 09:38 PM
Make a backup of the save before you do. It's not the most reliable thing to do to a save game

Yes, off course! But the question is: how to do it?

Fods
18-02-16, 03:09 AM
Yes, off course! But the question is: how to do it?

Short answer, you can't move players around using a save game editor.

Well you can, using CM Explorer, but, the player moves in game but his contract remains at his old club for some reason and then you can't allocate him a squad number so you can never play him.

The only safe option is by adding managers to the club of the player and negotiating a sale that way... or make the player unhappy/listed using the save game editor and then buy him in game.

tip: when using a save game editor make sure you run the editor as administrator, if you don't the changes might pot appear in game.

morais
18-02-16, 12:57 PM
Short answer, you can't move players around using a save game editor.

Well you can, using CM Explorer, but, the player moves in game but his contract remains at his old club for some reason and then you can't allocate him a squad number so you can never play him.

The only safe option is by adding managers to the club of the player and negotiating a sale that way... or make the player unhappy/listed using the save game editor and then buy him in game.

tip: when using a save game editor make sure you run the editor as administrator, if you don't the changes might pot appear in game.

Thanks!

I was imagining that this would be the only way, infortunately. Will do at the old way, then.

TheBrownDog
22-08-17, 01:20 PM
Hi,

Just found CM 01/02 again after a couple of years apart.

A general question. I've played two seasons now with a Swedish team and I've had no bids at all for my players, not even a club interested. I've won the league both years, so it should generate some interest I guess. Tsigalko have scored 50 goals each season as well.

Don't get me wrong, I love to keep my players but I just found it odd. Was is always like this? Or is it different playing with a smaller club compared to Real Madrid? More clubs would be interested in Zidane rather than Tsigalko perhaps?

Any similar experiences?

Cheers
/TheBrownDog

JLa
22-08-17, 03:34 PM
Probably a reputation thing. If you want to sell them, transfer list them (notify others that you are looking to sell) and play them (good performances attract interest).

Other than that I have no idea. I also find it hard to sell players, at least the backup ones that don't get much playing time.

Out of interest, could it be a money thing? How is the finances in your league? Can other teams afford your players?

TheBrownDog
22-08-17, 05:22 PM
Yeah, I guess. It's one of the smaller Swedish clubs.

I have the valuation set to "Auto". Tsigalko has a 120 million SEK valuation, guess around 10-12 million pounds. After scoring 100 goals in two seasons I thinks it's an OK valuation.

My other players are around 50 million SEK (4-5 million pounds).

It's just a fun part of the game to sell your players to the best clubs. If I qualify for the European cups it might bring some attention.

JLa
22-08-17, 07:04 PM
Euro qual should help. I have a gut feeling your current situation is this:
- your players are only known in Sweden
- hardly any Swedish club can afford your players

A few seasons in Euro competition should have an impact.

Sure
22-08-17, 09:05 PM
I remarked this too, and pointed it in an older post (http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8221&p=298350#post298350) (see the second part of it), this time with excellent players or even capped ones. Could be a bug.

I think there can be several others possibilities. As JLa said, reputation must be taken in count. And happy players (regular starters, proud to play for you or your team) are less inclined to move to another clubs and attract less offers than grumbling or greedy or ambitious ones. Apart angry players, few will sign away for a smaller fee or a less renowned team. If you're dominating your league, your opponents won't have much a chance to grab someone from your squad.

But I'm currently running several NI teams and experiencing the same thing. Sometimes, I put a poor guy on the transfert market, and I receive offers from clubs from all around the world, even from the darkest clubs of the darkest leagues, even if he has no playing time. Sometimes, I receive an offer for someone I signed 6 months ago, even if he never played. And sometimes, I put capable or good players on the list, capped or receiving media coverage, willing to go away, and get no offers at all, even if I set their value to 0. Regens or not. In fact, after 9 in game years, some of them are only playing in my teams because absolutely no one else wants to sign them. It looks like a pool of players specifically reserved to my usage :) Oh, it's a 2.21.2 patched game.

That's what I feel, don't think it helped much.

TheBrownDog
23-08-17, 08:16 AM
Thanks for all the input. Looks like this happens, maybe more often in smaller leagues?

I have several leagues active though, my plan is to move over to a bigger club after a while.

Anyway. Again with Tsigalko, scoring 100 goals in two seasons should at least attract some interest from let's say a Dutch club. I did sell one of my unwanted players to FC Tokyo, apart from that it's only been Swedish clubs bidding for my other players.

Sure
23-08-17, 04:48 PM
Maybe it happens more in smaller leagues, but you can find nice players who were released from top tier leagues and will never get an offer from another AI manager...

And if I remember well, players have at least two reputations, country/national (league country level) and international (speak for itself). Tsigalko is on fire, he should won trophies and his country rep is high, but for foreign observers he's still an osbcure player (the best of his league, but what is your league reputation anyway?). Maybe he just needs some international play to attract foreign managers...

Aside of this, did you try to make him sign a new contract ? If he doesn't seem to stay more at your club, there is almost no chance that another swedish team will try to contact him now you're managing the best side here...

A last thought. You said you're on the second in-game year. Maybe the AI thinks its squads are still full enough and doesn't needs to add another guy ?

AMC
24-08-17, 09:50 AM
I've seen it before when managing the likes of Tsigalko (Ajax) and Skalidis (Rangers), score loads domestically and in Europe for me but can't win a cap or earn a move, I think I even had to release Tsigalko on one of the challenges as you couldn't have players 24 or older and when he turned 24 no one was interested despite over 200 goals in about 3 seasons.

SteveV
20-10-17, 12:18 PM
I looked through the all time records thread but this doesn't seem to be a category. What made me look for it was in my Carlisle save with the April 2017 update, Bayern just paid £42.5 million for Eden Hazard. I am sure that is the highest fee I have ever seen between two AI teams?

GFRay
20-10-17, 03:16 PM
For me the highest fee was on the ODB when Real Madrid bought Francesco Totti from AS Roma for € 90 million.

Highest fee I received from CPU was € 70 million for Ronaldo Luis Nazário de Lima from Real Madrid as well.

trunky
20-10-17, 07:20 PM
ODB v.60.

Barcelona offered 74 million for Vieira in my Arsenal save just the other week. I turned them down.

Sorry, should have been in the "Highest transfer fee offered" thread.

AKD
20-10-17, 10:09 PM
I got 85million euro for Courtious in my Chelsea save, year 2020-2021

^Jack^
21-10-17, 08:02 AM
between AI teams:

http://oi67.tinypic.com/2qkq71j.jpg

the highest fee I received:

http://oi64.tinypic.com/20ie2s7.jpg

Blanchimont2002
22-10-17, 06:28 AM
Sold a player (regen, he is an Italian DMC) for £115 million, on the April 2017 database. Scenes

AtomicAnt
22-10-17, 09:38 AM
£100M is the maximum amount you can bid in the game, but with add-on fees you can exceed that. I've negotiated a few bids but never has any club offered me more than 100.

AtomicAnt
22-10-17, 09:40 AM
the highest fee I received:
http://oi64.tinypic.com/20ie2s7.jpg
This is exactly £100M!

colml
22-10-17, 02:06 PM
I've seen Aghahowa going to inter on the odb for €123m

JLa
17-04-18, 11:59 AM
Let's say you have a very good DMC, but no real cover. Meaning if your star DMC is injured or unavailable for some reason, you are in trouble. You need to recruit.

Do you look for...
a) a player equally good, or better, than your DMC?
b) an established player, not as good as your DMC? (backup)
c) a youngster?

I find I usually opt for a) - I mean, who doesn't want the squad to be as strong as possible? But then I end up with lots of amazing players I hardly ever play, and that doesn't feel right.

b) is maybe the "sensible" approach. But spending money on average players...nah, don't want to.
c) a 18-year old isn't always all that, so I might be in trouble anyway if my DMC is unavailable. Don't want to start a youngster in an important game!

What do you do?
#firstworldproblems

GFRay
17-04-18, 01:05 PM
It depends on the money I've got available. Usually option A is the more expensive one, but if I've got the money for it, I'll go with that. One thing I like above all is winning and having the strongest squad available to me will usually help me achieve that goal.

If I don't have the money I go with option B to get a cheap backup player who gets the job done, but should not be a starter if everyone's fit. A prime example for me is Ambrosini on the ODB. A very decent DMC that would always do the trick, but would never be a starter once my first team DMC (Van Bommel, Gerrard, Vieira, Keane) would be available.

Youngsters tend to have very low consistency and need to build that up by playing/growing. Usually this means they'll perform less so that's not an option for me (unless he's a world class youngster already).

AMC
17-04-18, 01:07 PM
b) and c), if you can't find anyone better than your current DMC. The youngster won't be upset at a lack of football behind them two, so if one gets injured/suspended he can come in for them.

JLa
17-04-18, 01:17 PM
So basically you both prefer a) if anyone is available. I do too, but suddenly I started having weird thoughts about "humanity" and "being nice". As in, your DMC has done nothing wrong and maybe averaged on 8.22, but "hey fella, you've been amazing but we had to bring someone in to improve squad depth, and the new guy will be first choice from now on. Sorry mate".

I would kill if someone did that to me, haha :lol:

GFRay
17-04-18, 02:07 PM
It's a video game mate, not real life. :lol:

If your former first teamer starts to whine just sell him. :rofl:

AMC
17-04-18, 02:14 PM
:lol:

JLa
17-04-18, 02:37 PM
It's a video game mate, not real life. :lol:

If your former first teamer starts to whine just sell him. :rofl:

What do you mean "not real life"...? :twitch: :lol:

AJ
17-04-18, 06:46 PM
C for me. Don”t like big squads. I even play others out of position before I buy players I know won’t make the starting eleven.

barfly14
18-04-18, 06:41 PM
So basically you both prefer a) if anyone is available. I do too, but suddenly I started having weird thoughts about "humanity" and "being nice". As in, your DMC has done nothing wrong and maybe averaged on 8.22, but "hey fella, you've been amazing but we had to bring someone in to improve squad depth, and the new guy will be first choice from now on. Sorry mate".

I would kill if someone did that to me, haha [emoji38]I feel like that too[emoji23] thought it was just me!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Shambalane
18-04-18, 07:45 PM
Youngsters struggle with consistency as GFray said up above. If you can get a decent in the prime of his career, late twenties. Make use of your subs. Some of my players only get sub time and are still happy.

Rapinoe
18-04-18, 08:52 PM
Yeah after a season or two I'm all into the game like an RPG too and thoughts of being nice and suchlike are in my head too, and I feel a bit sad if say I list someone and he's disappointed about it, and I have a little conversation with him in my head... basically like I said I treat it like an RPG... I've been playing RPGs (paper and LARP) most of my life, this isn't any different to me

bdh
09-08-18, 10:05 AM
Hi,

Is there any way to get the right price for a player you want to sell?

Let's say you have a player worth 5 million (automatic generated value by CM). He performed well the last few seasons (both in the national and european leagues) but you could use the money so you'd like to sell for 5 million (or a bit more).
Like mentioned in the threads above:
- I notice that there is rarely interest of other teams in my players (transfer listed or not).
- Putting the player on the transfer list and changing his value to 0 indeed generates interest of teams.
- Offcourse you only get zero-bids from those interested teams. If I then negotiate an exchange, this leads to following scenario's:
1) They whitdraw their offer. I can understand this if you proposed an exchange with a player worth like 10 million, but not if you propose it for a similar or lower valued player of theirs.
2) They come back with a ridiculous low offer (less than 1 million in this case).

The consequence is that I never make good money by selling players :). On the other hand I notice that the AI buys players from other teams for amounts going from fair until ridiculously high.

Any further insights in the matter?

SteveV
11-08-18, 02:13 PM
What happens If I purchase a player that I previously sold with the 25% share of future sales proviso? Do I basically get 25% reduced from the transfer fee or is the clause invalidated if I am the buyer? I am considering buying back one of my old players for the first time so I don't know how this works.

evesham
11-08-18, 03:03 PM
yup it works :ok:

SteveV
11-08-18, 03:09 PM
Thanks for confirming that

SteveV
11-08-18, 03:57 PM
Hi,
Is there any way to get the right price for a player you want to sell?
I notice that the AI buys players from other teams for amounts going from fair until ridiculously high.
Any further insights in the matter?

Depends what league/division you are in relative to the teams making offers. Currently I am managing Carlisle on the 3.9.68 ODB, won Division Three in my first season, am leading the Second Division in December of Season Two and have half my team wanted by Premier League clubs. Its because their wages are insignificant compared to what the likes of Sunderland or Leeds were paying at the time. Also they are totally undervalued because, lets face it, they play for Carlisle!

Obviously their ratings are mostly 7.5+ as well but (for example) I have a DC called Darren Kelly who is only averaging 6.85 but is attracting offers from Championship and Lower Level Premier League teams because he is earning the princely sum of £200 a week :)

With regard to the AI teams trading with each other in the last transfer window Deportivo (of 'Unknown City' infamy) shelled out 20 million quid to Real Madrid for Luis Figo which came as a bit of a shock but I notice his value is now only 14 million despite him having a 7.56 average rating for them. This shows that the value the game puts on players is actually related to the reputation of the club they play for so lower reputation teams have to pay over the odds to get players from higher rep ones and vice versa.

AtomicAnt
11-08-18, 10:35 PM
Yeah it has to have something to do with reputation. I've started a lot of games down in league two, and the offers come pouring in from teams higher up in the system. But when I reach the championship the offers seem to dry up, maybe because my team has done well in the cups and earned a higher reputation. But in games where I start in the championship there will be offers flying in from left and right from premiership-clubs during that first season.

Whyme
12-08-18, 12:42 AM
Just be careful if you sell a player in monthly instalments! You can get bigger bids by negotiating incoming bids in instalments, but if the player you sell moves to another club before the instalments have been paid then you'll only get partly compensated.

Eg, you sell a player for 3mil in 24 month instalments. After 12 months the team you sold him to then sells him to another club. You have already received 1.5mil and would expect to receive another 1.5mil but the bastards will only pay out a small percentage of the 1.5m that's owing, equal to about 1 months instalment lol

Kingsley
12-08-18, 12:07 PM
Just be careful if you sell a player in monthly instalments! You can get bigger bids by negotiating incoming bids in instalments, but if the player you sell moves to another club before the instalments have been paid then you'll only get partly compensated.

Eg, you sell a player for 3mil in 24 month instalments. After 12 months the team you sold him to then sells him to another club. You have already received 1.5mil and would expect to receive another 1.5mil but the bastards will only pay out a small percentage of the 1.5m that's owing, equal to about 1 months instalment lol

So if I buy a player on installments, then immediately sell him for cash, I could make a tidy profit ?
What happens if the selling club opts for an exchange, do you still get a percentage of the cash value ?

Whyme
12-08-18, 11:21 PM
So if I buy a player on installments, then immediately sell him for cash, I could make a tidy profit ?
What happens if the selling club opts for an exchange, do you still get a percentage of the cash value ?

Geez mate that's getting complicated with an exchange thrown in too! I'm not sure what would happen there, strange things can happen with player exchanges so I try to avoid them

And I never buy players in instalments, only sell them. An easier way to buy players cheaply and make a nice profit is to offer a small upfront fee with a huge apperance fee. The selling club will usually accept. Just make sure you sell them before the appearances fee is triggered

Kenny Dalglish's Smile
14-08-18, 08:13 AM
Not sure if this is fixed by a recent patch but isn't the percentage incorrectlæy applied to the original sales price, and not the current one?

Kingsley
21-08-18, 08:43 PM

I have done some testing, being the manager of 3 clubs simultaniously

Test 1
Player was sold from club 1 to club 2 on 24 monthly installments. The first payment was made on the day of transfer and the second on the last day of the month.
I then sold from club 2 to club 3 for cash (after making the player very unhappy with the GK editor !). As expected the full value was transferred from club 3 to club 2.
I played on to check the state of the finances after another month, and there was no further payments from club 2 to club 1

This confirms that Club 1 have been swindled out of 22 payment installments and club 2 have made a tidy profit !

Test 2
Player sold from club 1 to club 2 with a sell on clause. The full payment is made on the day of purchase.
One month later and that player is again very unhappy and club 3 buy him in an exchange deal
That goes through with no cash exchanged between club 3 and club 2, but club 2 pays club 1 25% of the value of the highest priced player in the deal

I'm not sure what this proves other than I have too much time on my hands !

AMC
21-08-18, 09:25 PM

Interesting stuff though mate, especially Test 1.

Redknapp69
21-08-18, 10:18 PM
Nice work - I'm no longer selling to a club that wants to pay in instalments!

AMC
21-08-18, 10:39 PM
I never did anyway, I want the money now, not over the next two years for only a bit more.

Mark
22-08-18, 09:43 AM
Nice work! It's not something that affects me as I never accept offers in instalments, hate spreaded out payments. IRL too :lol:

If you have too much time on your hands, it must be time to return to the stories section ;) :D

AMC
22-08-18, 09:51 AM
Nice work! It's not something that affects me as I never accept offers in instalments, hate spreaded out payments. IRL too :lol:

If you have too much time on your hands, it must be time to return to the stories section ;) :D

Very good point Mark :D

JLa
22-08-18, 09:59 AM
Interesting thread. I only recently started making use of the installment options when purchasing players. I set it to 12 months and clubs usually accept. Way to go all-in on the transfer market, my transfer budget suddenly seems infinite! :lol:

Kingsley
22-08-18, 12:58 PM

Interesting stuff though mate, especially Test 1.

Actually there is a point about test 2. If you BUY a player with a sell on clause then sell him in an exchange, then you need to find the cash from somewhere to pay the sell on clause as you are not getting any revenue from the sale

No promises, but I am think about something

Dermotron
22-08-18, 01:59 PM
I actually like the installments option when at a club that's perennially fighting being in debt. Getting the lump some means we can afford more wages but that just makes things worse. The installment payment keeps the books ticking over.

After Kingsley's test I'd be wary of using it on a decent or disloyal player though

GFRay
22-08-18, 02:15 PM
I have done some testing, being the manager of 3 clubs simultaniously

Test 1
Player was sold from club 1 to club 2 on 24 monthly installments. The first payment was made on the day of transfer and the second on the last day of the month.
I then sold from club 2 to club 3 for cash (after making the player very unhappy with the GK editor !). As expected the full value was transferred from club 3 to club 2.
I played on to check the state of the finances after another month, and there was no further payments from club 2 to club 1

This confirms that Club 1 have been swindled out of 22 payment installments and club 2 have made a tidy profit !!

Now the big question is does this work with CPU controlled teams as well? I think the easiest way to test it is to buy a player from the CPU and pay in 24 months and then sell him for direct cash to another CPU team after 6 months. If the payments stop then I've found a new goldmine! :D

Whyme
25-08-18, 11:27 PM
I actually like the installments option when at a club that's perennially fighting being in debt. Getting the lump some means we can afford more wages but that just makes things worse. The installment payment keeps the books ticking over.

After Kingsley's test I'd be wary of using it on a decent or disloyal player though

Yeah I agree. If your club is in a financial mess, you can get massive bids if willing to sell in instalments. And because your bank balance doesn't immediately rise much, you're more likely to receive more big bids for other players (the game looks after you when you have low funds!)

Selling in instalments is also a good way to avoid paying the shareholders dividend when the game updates, or atleast lessening the dividend, especially if selling the player in early June

I wouldn't worry about selling a disloyal player on 24 month instalments. It's easy enough to add the player to your shortlist after selling him and blocking other clubs from buying him for 2 years!