PDA

View Full Version : Odd issue with Network Games

Skinarelli
18-05-18, 05:55 PM
Hi guys,

Never had this issue before and hopefully somebody may have some suggestions.

New Windows 10 laptop with March 18 update / Saturn 5 patch / x200 cm0102.exe 800x600 laptop version / playing on local wifi.

The game works perfectly on 1 player games but hangs but when I host a network game and another pc logs in, game play ends up freezing within the game window (I play windowed). When I say it freezes, my laptop keys and touchpad start playing up and refusing to click on anything and eventually the game becomes unresponsive and I have close the window and restart.

Things of tried so far....

1. Ensuring Hamachi and cm0102.exe are trusted applications in my firewall.
2. Disabling both AV and firewall.
3. Changing compatability mode to W98, XP, W7, W8.
4. Swapping cm0102.exe x200 to desktop version.

Any suggestions? I'm at a loss now.

:frusty::help:

Skinarelli
18-05-18, 10:46 PM
I may have jumped the gun a little.

Further investigations seem to point towards the city.dat file from the March update NOT copying over properly.

Seems to be running smoothly now that's done.

Skinarelli
18-05-18, 11:41 PM
But in-game play running very slowly.

Doesn't seem to make any difference what .exe I run, game play is super slow regardless of .exe I try......

The game's process speed itself (6 leagues) runs fine though.....

*scratches bald head*

Offside Trap
24-05-18, 06:22 PM
Change the speed to x8, as anything more is just too much for connecting computers to handle
This is a must when hosting any network game, won't matter what others (joining) have set up, its all about the host. Even x8 is abit fast for some people, so x4 might work better

Skinarelli
25-05-18, 11:42 PM
Thanks, I've tried every speed .exe including the New Default speed for 800x600 laptop and the in game speed is still at a crawl.

When I say crawl, I mean snails pace. Each game takes about 10-15 minutes to complete regardless of the speed setting chosen from the menus.

On the plus side, there's no lag on squad/player screen clicks any more.

Any other suggestions?

Offside Trap
26-05-18, 01:32 PM
Have you:

Deleted the Cpu32 file in the Data folder

Clicked the IP icon, in your cm folder

Skinarelli
26-05-18, 07:06 PM
I had done both of those yes.

I've reinstalled the game and it appears to have fixed the issue.

Certainly a strange one!

Thanks anyway, all well now. :party: